Game-Labs Forum

Weather...weather weather

Just love the changing weather in the game! Some suggestions on it though. I'd love to see lightning in some storms and maybe some days with not a cloud in the sky.  But other than that its great.  We really need some hot sunny Caribbean days though!

Also once in a while it would be nice to have the wind veer instead of always backing....

• Like 2

Just love the changing weather in the game! Some suggestions on it though. I'd love to see lightning in some storms and maybe some days with not a cloud in the sky.  But other than that its great.  We really need some hot sunny Caribbean days though!

Also once in a while it would be nice to have the wind veer instead of always backing....

I've noticed that as well, wind always backs and never veers. While good for planning routes, would be nice to see some variety. This is, of course, a very small niggling point!

I miss those heavy storms we had in Sea Trials.

Been in a few rainy weather battles, but those are nowhere near the awesomeness of those stormy battles.

Also wish we had wind-drift and currents in the game so we can't just sail in a straight line for 2+ hours and know where we will end up.

My issue with weather is usually that you don't see it coming. When you look up at the sky you can tell bad weather is coming, but you have no idea which way its coming from. The sky just changes into one big amorphous blob of bad looking sky. Same with the fog. Id love to see a fog bank roll in on my ship and be visible on OW allowing me to try to sail around it or go right into it to hide from players. Same goes for the storms. "Oh what a nice day" "My those skies are dark" "HURRICANE!" in about 1 minute flat. You cant tell the direction of travel or the distance to you. 

The wind I agree needs to get a little bit more random. I very much like how I can plan an attack on a port to leave any defenders sailing into the wind for the first 20 minutes, but its a little too easy. It would be great if I plan that out and we start the attack, only to find the wind has decided to change direction clockwise for a few minutes instead. 

TLDR Wind is too predictable, bad weather is too unpredictable.

Either I saw a lightning flash the other day or there is a lightning monster in my house.

I liked the WX.(aviation for weather) Not so much since I spent a really long time sailing down to the Yucatan and couldn't find my port because it rained, like, forever. 

Just joking. The WX is diverse. I sailed out of a squall and it looked pretty good. T like the effect of the rain drops on the camera lens. Not realistic, unless ur captain wears spectacles. Still cool though. Probably won't anything but better I suspect.

I've been in a storm on the open world once. It was really cool. Visibility went down to about a few ship-lengths, it was pouring rain, I couldn't see a thing except for my own ship and the weather, I was afraid of overshooting my destination in all this and getting lost at sea... awesome. The downside was that, once I got into a battle, the battle weather was a clear evening sky. I hope they implement some more types of weather for battles at some point. 

Edited by Arvenski