Game-Labs Forum

Connectivity issues, lags, disconnects

raskolnikoff

While you may not want to admit there is a server side problem Ink, these issue have been experienced by Australian players on Global 

and it appears to be getting incrementally worse by the day, as per Red Dragon 13 above  as well as stupendous lags and being kicked from the game .

I am keen to see the results of all the updates received over the last weeks but stability issues seem to be creeping in.

Great work by the way,  love the game.

• Like 1

This comment predicated by saying I have not been having this issue recently.  However, the last time I did have a persistent issue, my symptoms were exactly as described above, with huge abnormal pings in the server list, followed by blank pings in the server list, along with experiencing high numbers of disconnects when finally being able to log in.  Mine is East Coast USA, implying perhaps this could be a game issue as opposed to a regional issue?  My input is only to help diagnose, I am not currently having an issue.

• Like 1

Captains, server issues and issues not directly related to the server (thus cannot be fixed on our side) can be checked very easy: the first ones affects all players, the others only affect certain group of players (if their server characters have no issues, we cannot help further). As an example - players from Thailand had some major issues playing on EU PVP (the only solution was to use VPN) server not long ago, but it was mysterious solved just as it started.

Based on server logs there were no issues on Saturday with PVP Global server.

12 hours ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

at least 50 episodes of crazy ping and ejection from the game today. I think I will have to rethink my attitude.

Do you have an option to temporary test the game through another source of internet like mobile connection or from different ISP? You could also test the game via VPN connection.

On 11/19/2017 at 8:49 PM, Captain Clark said:

While you may not want to admit there is a server side problem Ink, these issue have been experienced by Australian players on Global 

and it appears to be getting incrementally worse by the day, as per Red Dragon 13 above  as well as stupendous lags and being kicked from the game .

I am keen to see the results of all the updates received over the last weeks but stability issues seem to be creeping in.

Great work by the way,  love the game.

Just happened to me 5 times in a row within a minute of logging on, and makes game unplayable. This is on global server also from Australia.

Logged out and tried again two hours later, same problem.

I have the upload of the report which steam failed to allow to send

Edited by BallsOfSteel

• 2 months later...

A lot of lags, disconnections, freeze and so on today in France.

Some players affected, some only in OW, some not.

Deinstalled and reinstalled Naval action, restarted the computer two times --> my main account does not work. :(

The second account, 'Eleazar', on an old computer (FPS 9), works better on the same box and the same net...

First freezing yesterday evening in the harbor, buying some traders goods!

Maybe this is the mistake: In the task manager, the required memory for the application is getting bigger and bigger. It starts at under 500 MB and reaches 1.5 GB after 1 hour of play. This wasnt so before the last updates. The FPS I have set with a maximum of 30, so it is not due to the capacity of the VGA (NVIDIA 980M).

Jakob 

When we get disconnected why can't our ships automatically try to escape like when we order an AI fleet ship to escape? It could give us a chance to reconnect when we are in a mission or a battle- instead of coming back online 30 seconds later and your dead in the water and getting sunk/boarded.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So my problem at the time is that i'm stuck in the Player selection screen.

i can login to the caribean server but then when i select my player and hit start all i get is the black dot in the bottom left corner thats it.

would be kind if some one could tell me what the problem coul be.

5 hours ago, Daniel8023 said:

So my problem at the time is that i'm stuck in the Player selection screen.

i can login to the caribean server but then when i select my player and hit start all i get is the black dot in the bottom left corner thats it.

would be kind if some one could tell me what the problem coul be.

Captain, it seems some ports are blocked. Please check this workaround

Please check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters, also, you can try to put your router into DMZ mode

14 hours ago, Daniel8023 said:

hm none of the mentioned points should be a problem is there something else that could be a problem?

Captain, the black dot in character selection screen indicates that ports are blocked. Please re-check the settings.

Also as a temporary workaround to check that problem is related to your main connection source would be to use mobile connection (like 3g etc.) to join the game from character screen.

18 hours ago, EndlessErdnuss said:

Hello People. i got a Connection Problem or something like that with a black point, down in the left site of my screen, after i want to join the caribbean server. My Report Number is NAS-888056. Thanks for Help

Captain, please check 8080 port - in the report this port is blocked

all ports that are needed for the game are:

7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600

• 2 weeks later...

i dc'd in the same battle 10 times  with everything from 10-5 minutes intervals with it being more frequently in the end, i had the player down to structure before it all happened to hello kitty itself over, and it ended up him getting free broadsides all the time without me able to fire back or turn away aswell as i had to gain speed again after the dc..i dc'd in the same battle 10 times  with everything from 10-5 minutes intervals with it being more frequently in the end, i had the player down to structure before it all happened to hello kitty itself over, and it ended up him getting free broadsides all the time without me able to fire back or turn away aswell as i had to gain speed again after the dc.. Also made an F11 when i was in the battle