Game-Labs Forum

Patrol Mission vs farmers

Suggestion...

To prevent these missions becoming feeding ground for the farmers... and the leet

Remove all rewards for players in the battles who do not have the mission and stop rewarding those who have already reached the damage threshhold just not turned in the mission yet

18 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Suggestion...

To prevent these missions becoming feeding ground for the farmers... and the leet

Remove all rewards for players in the battles who do not have the mission and stop rewarding those who have already reached the damage threshhold just not turned in the mission yet

You realize that this will harm everyone, not only gankers? If those missions generate more pvp, I guess it's good. Why bother that someone gets a few marks in the process? 

I'm not farming marks, I farm content. 

• Like 5

well now we just have moved noob farming from safezone to pvp mission, and even less work for the farmers.  And if you are doing it for the pvp you won't mind no marks or reward other than the fight.

Edited by SKurj

It's not too bad right now. You just gotta avoid a bit until a good battle comes up if you're a small ship, the missions reward teaming up and if you're sneaky you can slip in when two groups go at it. Lets see how bad it gets and what the meta turns into.

39 minutes ago, SKurj said:

well now we just have moved noob farming from safezone to pvp mission, and even less work for the farmers.  And if you are doing it for the pvp you won't mind no marks or reward other than the fight.

I don't get it - some event generates more PvP, and you want to dull it out, because easier access to PvP generates more options of getting PvP marks?...

PvP is the most fun part of this game, it shouldn't be discouraged.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vazco said:

I don't get it - some event generates more PvP, and you want to dull it out, because easier access to PvP generates more options of getting PvP marks?...

PvP is the most fun part of this game, it shouldn't be discouraged.

Ok then lets make the mission repeatable as much as you like, same for the rewards.  So that you will have a constant stream of people coming up there who are also getting rewarded for feeding you marks.  No point in leaving it as is if it only rewards the new player to pvp once a day.

Today while participating in events I had fights with French, Pirates, Brits and Swedish. I saw US and Russians. For now it works great - every battle is interesting.

I got less marks from those battles than when fighting outnumbered next to capital, however much more fun.

There's no need to nerf rewards. The only long-term issue I see is people tend to join a side with larger BR, which promotes gank fights. It could be nice to balance this somehow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Easy fix would be to give significant multipliers to the lower BR side...

Most battles start somewhat balanced. Allow joining only the weaker side till Br is even out. Then close the battle.

The longer the battle is open the more people join the side with more br because of winning. 

Edited by z4ys

Yesterday i was sailing alone in Patrol Missions :

• Chased pirate to fight 1v1 but he runaway (5th vs 5th rate)
  • I joined swedish gang squad who atacked prussians (joining side with higher BR was bad)
  • i was ganked by another swedish ganking squad i my ship was sunk

Result:  Lost expendable shitty trinco (no ship knowlege, basic upgrades). Earned 17 pvp marks (worth 2 mil?) Earned 120k gold.

Was fun but i think we need some kind of balance because if @admin wants to bring ALL players to patrol Missions, gankers will scare off new guys.

6 hours ago, vazco said:

people tend to join a side with larger BR

Yesterday in Patrol Area I saw a battle 8 French vs 1 Brit, I wanted to join the battle on Brit side but there was no button that allowed me to join. I sailed over to French circle and the join button appeared. Maybe another bug. Missed to F11 it tho.

@admin @Ink

14 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Yesterday in Patrol Area I saw a battle 8 French vs 1 Brit, I wanted to join the battle on Brit side but there was no button that allowed me to join. I sailed over to French circle and the join button appeared. Maybe another bug. Missed to F11 it tho.

@admin @Ink

Or someone of your nation already joined the French side.

Edited by z4ys

25 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

@admin @Ink

This is a known bug. We tried to join Russia (3) fighting with France (12),had the same bug. 

17 hours ago, SKurj said:

No noob has outpost in freetowns and sails to pvp area to get ganked. There is no problem.

Well actually there is a problem where the 'always open' battle can get really unbalanced. I saw a few battles that were really unbalanced but the game would only let me join the bigger side of the battle. Join mechanism should be used to equalize BR somewhat. Also, i think battles should close after 30-40m or something. After 40 minutes of fighting the initial fighters are so battered that they don't have a chance against a group of new joiners. Wind changes combined with the shrinking circle is a really bad combination. In general I think the wind changes too fast and too much, but with circle of doom it can be a RNG death sentence, and has nothing at all to do with skill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Knobby said:

In general I think the wind changes too fast and too much, but with circle of doom it can be a RNG death sentence, and has nothing at all to do with skill.

Circle of death shrinks slower than in old PB's - or we have faster ships than in old PB's. I saw Bellonas with 60% sails escaping circle against the wind. I think it's not so bad, however maybe I just didn't see a scenario like this.

ps. in one battle we tried to kill a Bellona by circle, it didn't work :) 

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Right now it closes after 25 minutes I think

hmm, ok then it probably was a pretty hectic battle :)

4 minutes ago, vazco said:

Circle of death shrinks slower than in old PB's - or we have faster ships than in old PB's. I saw Bellonas with 60% sails escaping circle against the wind. I think it's not so bad, however maybe I just didn't see a scenario like this.

ps. in one battle we tried to kill a Bellona by circle, it didn't work :) 

Well, big ships with some sail damage that gets in irons because of wind changes is pretty much hello kittyed i think. But we'll see how it goes before drawing an actual conclusion!

I wouldn't brig a spanish rig into the pvp zone though!