Game-Labs Forum

Percentage of game complete? (release date ?)

not much in econ and stuff since focus was on gameplay and too improve performance.

atleast i didn´t readed anything offically in the 5-6months that i am here in the forum about it.

maybe we get an sweet surpise from the devs soon

Im not in the inner circle but they have continued to surprise us. Initially they said they were working on the match play release and the open world would come later. A couple months later and without warning start talking about the open world and the english channel prototype they were working on and now just recently have said that early release will have a prototype open world. So I think they are multitasking better than I had expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think they probably have more done than we think... If you look at the trial, all mechanics were in place quite a few months before it was open as you can see in videos back from at least june and july. I think they just did some polishing on the combat since november. I think it`s fair to assume that once we get some part of the open world, the actual work will be a few months ahead.

I think they have the early access path pretty much right: deliver finished module one step at the time. I like to point to Kerbal space program as a successful early access devellopement. It pretty much was open for the last two years but will see the build 1.0 in the next month or so.

the goals for early acces on steam are:

finished implementation of atleast 10ships

basic RPG and progression system (to keep players busy)

partly working openworld prototype

and there where far more work befor last june and july

the last focus testing befor sea trials where at the beginning Victory only for performance and stress testing.

just because it looks good on videos doesnt mean its finished.

just like WT GF CBT people screamed it looks so amazing tonkstonkstonks gib gib.

but didnt know that hiting some random flowers meant the tank fliping over or geting warped into the air and crashing down on earth like an meteor.

and now look at the current state over there completly broken and rubish because the devs made the mistake to listen to alot of little children that want a new toy.

let the devs come up with what they are working on  s

o far they never disapointed us sofar in therms of quality.