Game-Labs Forum

Charleston is no safe harbor

Gaspar

Being a pirate has noting to do with trolling newer players.

Explain again how someone in a traders ship or higher is a "newer" player again please. Were they given the ship via some kind of SRP the USN has nation wide?

The simple act of leaving port on a PvP server signifies you've consented to PvP and I do believe Gaspar has thrown down the gauntlet. "If you dont like it, come do something about it" Otherwise, theres a perfectly good teleport system in place to make sure you're in a "safe hisec system".

Complaining about cutter v cutter (or higher) fights is not exactly sympathy worthy. Its not going to be pretty when RvR gets going full swing and all the neutral ports are divided up and ports/ships/territory of REAL value comes into contention.

Explain again how someone in a traders ship or higher is a "newer" player again please. Were they given the ship via some kind of SRP the USN has nation wide?

The simple act of leaving port on a PvP server signifies you've consented to PvP and I do believe Gaspar has thrown down the gauntlet. "If you dont like it, come do something about it" Otherwise, theres a perfectly good teleport system in place to make sure you're in a "safe hisec system".

Complaining about cutter v cutter (or higher) fights is not exactly sympathy worthy. Its not going to be pretty when RvR gets going full swing and all the neutral ports are divided up and ports/ships/territory of REAL value comes into contention.

He has admitted to targeting new players who may not understand how the game works in their missions.

I have no issue with pirates beyond the fact they are not what developers claim was intended at this point.

If I actually seen him on be rest assured I would, of at least try. He picked the capital area because he knows there is no reason for experienced players to really be there. Especially for U.S players. Despite his claims its doubtfull he is looking for a real fight.

If I'm in the area while I'm on I'll look for him.

Lmao.

In a Basic Cutter attacking larger ships with no afflicted penalty because after all the Basic Cutter is a free ship with free everything. And after you actually done something worthwhile Pirates would be giving themselves a pat on the back after sinking a larger ship in a fleet of Basic Cutters.

Comparison with another individual with a ship that can't be attained freely - the repairs are within' 4 figures and the kits are within' 4-5 figures.

Most of the individuals I come across attack ships to gain Free EXP from Damage and from inflicting damage. It's no surprise that Pirates are doing the same thing and boasting their efforts are Scary and Frightening. It's griefing and is no way contributing to the proper way to play the game. However, if you're in a CUTTER not a BASIC CUTTER - then you can disregard parts of my post.

On that note - I'll be patrolling the coastlines. Niagara and a Snow isn't something worthy of an achievement. Nor an "American Cerb" you claim to have taken. From what it looks like - it may be just a propaganda to spur a reaction. I'd like for you and your mates to try that again.

He has admitted to targeting new players who may not understand how the game works in their missions.

I have no issue with pirates beyond the fact they are not what developers claim was intended at this point.

If I actually seen him on be rest assured I would, of at least try. He picked the capital area because he knows there is no reason for experienced players to really be there. Especially for U.S players. Despite his claims its doubtfull he is looking for a real fight.

If I'm in the area while I'm on I'll look for him.

I'm not listed to only that area, I'm south of there as well. This be piracy, I'm out for plunder, not fair fights

Lmao.

In a Basic Cutter attacking larger ships with no afflicted penalty because after all the Basic Cutter is a free ship with free everything. And after you actually done something worthwhile Pirates would be giving themselves a pat on the back after sinking a larger ship in a fleet of Basic Cutters.

Comparison with another individual with a ship that can't be attained freely - the repairs are within' 4 figures and the kits are within' 4-5 figures.

Most of the individuals I come across attack ships to gain Free EXP from Damage and from inflicting damage. It's no surprise that Pirates are doing the same thing and boasting their efforts are Scary and Frightening. It's griefing and is no way contributing to the proper way to play the game. However, if you're in a CUTTER not a BASIC CUTTER - then you can disregard parts of my post.

On that note - I'll be patrolling the coastlines. Niagara and a Snow isn't something worthy of an achievement. Nor an "American Cerb" you claim to have taken. From what it looks like - it may be just a propaganda to spur a reaction. I'd like for you and your mates to try that again.

Yes, a pirate sitting off the coast hunting ships it can take is totally not how pirates should be played.

Yeah, but not in a Basic Cutter. Lmfao.

I should submit a detailed issue about this.

Experienced players still using Basic Cutters with the obvious advantage of not losing anything compared to other players losing a Durability maybe or worse - a Ship earned rightfully through legitimate effort.

Yeah, but not in a Basic Cutter. Lmfao.

I should submit a detailed issue about this.

Experienced players still using Basic Cutters with the obvious advantage of not losing anything compared to other players losing a Durability maybe or worse - a Ship earned rightfully through legitimate effort.

I don't see a problem. Basic cutter is not a strong ship, the only advantage is that it is free.

It takes a lot of guts to cruise alone in hostile waters (or maybe a death wish), so I salute any player who can pull it off. The East Coast of the US needs a little excitement, so bring it on. And I'll be returning the favor down around Haiti.

Keep it going Gaspar, I don't mind any Pirate actually playing like a Pirate.

I do think the chest thumping is a little silly if it's not meant in roleplay; after all I'm not sure if anyone playing longer than a few days is still in the area you are patrolling, but then again you're a new player as well so it evens out. Anyway kudos.

• Like 1

Exactly - If I say I fought you in a Navybrig. The BR is so vast that I will gain little for my effort with already a stack ontop of that fruitless effort. I will gain about less profit as I would in a battle due to the repair bill inflicted upon my ship. The Repair kits I would use. The EXP is close to nothing that would be so beneficial to me.

However to you - You will gain a bonus due to fighting a ship higher level BR as you. You will gain twice the gold as I would in that battle - Triple Digit EXP due to the amount of damage you inflict and receive. And if you lose that ship you will not be defeated for the Basic Cutter is a free ship. And if you do lose it - you just get another one.

While me, in a Navybrig, let's say an Exceptional one that I would have to pay 6 figures or 5 figures for a Crafter to make for me. I will suffer in a non-profit gain from a fight. And EXP barely worth stashing for. And if I do not survive the Basic Cutter Zerg Swarm - I will lose that ship to a player who merely won with a horde of free ships.

I believe in equal punishment on both sides. If I manage to be in a battle with a Pirate - both sides should contribute an equal punishment value. If I lose my ship you could lose yours. If I damage your ship you have to pay your own repair bill. If you damage mine I repair my own bill. If I lose my ship I will have to buy another one in grands. If you lose yours you will have to buy another ship in grands.

Do you get the picture I am drawing for you sir? Do you not see the overwhelming advantage of having a free ship in comparison to a ship attained through payment and crafting hours?

Keep it going Gaspar, I don't mind any Pirate actually playing like a Pirate.

I do think the chest thumping is a little silly if it's not meant in roleplay; after all I'm not sure if anyone playing longer than a few days is still in the area you are patrolling, but then again you're a new player as well so it evens out. Anyway kudos.

The boasting is RP.

• Like 1

Exactly - If I say I fought you in a Navybrig. The BR is so vast that I will gain little for my effort with already a stack ontop of that fruitless effort. I will gain about less profit as I would in a battle due to the repair bill inflicted upon my ship. The Repair kits I would use. The EXP is close to nothing that would be so beneficial to me.

However to you - You will gain a bonus due to fighting a ship higher level BR as you. You will gain twice the gold as I would in that battle - Triple Digit EXP due to the amount of damage you inflict and receive. And if you lose that ship you will not be defeated for the Basic Cutter is a free ship. And if you do lose it - you just get another one.

While me, in a Navybrig, let's say an Exceptional one that I would have to pay 6 figures or 5 figures for a Crafter to make for me. I will suffer in a non-profit gain from a fight. And EXP barely worth stashing for. And if I do not survive the Basic Cutter Zerg Swarm - I will lose that ship to a player who merely won with a horde of free ships.

I believe in equal punishment on both sides. If I manage to be in a battle with a Pirate - both sides should contribute an equal punishment value. If I lose my ship you could lose yours. If I damage your ship you have to pay your own repair bill. If you damage mine I repair my own bill. If I lose my ship I will have to buy another one in grands. If you lose yours you will have to buy another ship in grands.

Do you get the picture I am drawing for you sir? Do you not see the overwhelming advantage of having a free ship in comparison to a ship attained through payment and crafting hours?

Hold on, let me get this straight, you're now worried you're going to lose your NavyBrig to a basic cutter? Well, sir, you DESERVE to lose that navybrig than if you're going to lose it to a cutter. Get gud.

Not sure how 3 ships became a "horde", but okay, lets go w/that. Now you're losing a Navybrig to 3 ships? A ship that can simply sail away before anything serious happens to it if perhaps its attacked by *gasp* 5 basic cutters? An exceptional Navybrig taken out by a basic cutter, oh please post that on youtube if it happens.

Theres nothing in the rulebooks that say, "pirates are only allowed to use basic cutters, while nationals must use ships of value higher than free to defend territorial waters". Grab a beer, wine, coffee, glass of water, and 2 people in /chat and, sail out of ANY port w/a basic cutter and boom!!!!! Content!!! And, you didnt even have to leave the eastern time zone to accomplish it.

• Like 2

Hold on, let me get this straight, you're now worried you're going to lose your NavyBrig to a basic cutter? Well, sir, you DESERVE to lose that navybrig than if you're going to lose it to a cutter. Get gud.

Not sure how 3 ships became a "horde", but okay, lets go w/that. Now you're losing a Navybrig to 3 ships? A ship that can simply sail away before anything serious happens to it if perhaps its attacked by *gasp* 5 basic cutters? An exceptional Navybrig taken out by a basic cutter, oh please post that on youtube if it happens.

It happens.

• Like 1

Theres nothing in the rulebooks that say, "pirates are only allowed to use basic cutters, while nationals must use ships of value higher than free to defend territorial waters". Grab a beer, wine, coffee, glass of water, and 2 people in /chat and, sail out of ANY port w/a basic cutter and boom!!!!! Content!!! And, you didnt even have to leave the eastern time zone to accomplish it.

Lmao it was an example, but yeah sure take that to heart.

There has been occurrences of smaller ships in the right moment and time to take larger warships. Everything in this game is absolutely fair in certain aspects. A Captain is defined by his skill not by his warship. However you've missed the point entirely. Pirates can pillage all they want - in a Lynx, Cutter, Privateer, whatever. I have no problems if they do. However if they're attacking other players in a BASIC CUTTER. Are you reading that? BASIC CUTTER. You know what BASIC CUTTERS are right? They're practically starter ships that are free? Like practically everything aside from the cannons are free?

Great Britians have used Basic Cutters and have been seen just camping outside Cabo Canaveral taking Damage EXP Farming from other Players. Attacking other ships in hopes to provoke a fight. Which I have no quarrel with.

But let me restate my point. A Player that's in a Non-BASIC CUTTER FREE SHIP will suffer losses in time, exp, and profit from the battle if he/she fights an individual of ANY NATION in a Basic Cutter due to the vast difference or similar of BR. The individual is borderline griefing, but I guess that's Piracy Tactics as I would hear from Pirate Scum and other lowlife tactics.

And just note I've witnessed and participated in battles where Basic Cutters have taken more worthy prizes than these shelf trophies, but the Pros and Cons will always be for the Basic Cutter Captains. It will never be fair in the end due to the difference of one earns from the battle.

Hahahaha

Haven't seen a pirate in weeks, I can sail unarmed up and down the US coast without fear.

Seriously though, is it just me or is there a serious lack of pirates (cause there are no close bases?)

There are plenty of Pirates but they are mostly playing 18th Century Empire Landgrab because the devs haven't figured out how to implement the pirate faction so that is has the impetus to raid trade routes and pillage coasts.

Pagan Pete sips tea from his rum mug, leaning against the counter with silent smugness.

He hears false things and knows who said them, a slight grin cracks his face when he hears idle boasting. He knows who he's fought, who he's humiliated in battle, and how many epic escapes he's had from justice's noose.

Calmly and with grim certainty, he contemplates another raid up and down the shores of the East Coast. Alas he knows many US players will avoiding taking trade ships for the time being. Hence, the profits will be low. Nay best to hit ships elsewhere.

"Willy, Lets go. Idle talk bored me so."

The ginger cabin boy collects the grim captain's things and follows him out of the tavern...

Those who can't sail will fall to any size ship. 

Main goal on Cerb is not to let Cutter get close, so grab long guns and keep distance. If cutter is on your ass, get distance, flip fire, get distance, flip fire.... one side chain another side ball. You have x3 sail value or more.. he can't stop you. He flips, you flip and fire..all done with manual sailing. Don't rush and place each shot accurately. Flipping through the wind can be another trick and will force enemy to do the same or flip opposite side that will expose him and improve range. 

Tip - bigger ship - smaller (long) guns,

Benefits - fast reload, accuracy on long ranges.  

If you are trying to duel cutter in close range on larger ship - you are dead.