Game-Labs Forum

Charleston is no safe harbor

Gaspar

Let this be a warning to all Americans who believe they are safe in the cozy territories of the American coast.  Be afraid.  Pirates be patrolling these waters, no ship is safe, already a number of ships have fallen to me and me mates in your waters.  This new victim be my largest, yes, an American Cerberus fell today.  Previously I also added a snow to my list of victims, and numerous cutters.

As you try to fight your little wars with the British and Spanish, we will be raiding your trade routes, and sinking any poor sailor who dares to fight.  Piracy is not limited to the Bahamas and those areas even farther south, you are not safe at your ports.  We will be waiting.

post-17662-0-07030000-1454468082_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, you sure showed us your stuff at Crown Haven last night.  The part I was scared about the most was scuffing up my hull on your groups' sunk ships as I watched you run away.

When it takes a fleet of American ships to sink three pirates, your bragging doesn't carry much weight

• Like 1

OP hangs around US capital, attacks new players in basic cutters and hopes they draw in NPC ships to fight. OP then gets on forum trying to pass himself and his cowardly buddies as something to be afraid of.

When you not going to run from experienced players in a fair fight OP?

• Like 2

OP hangs around US capital, attacks new players in basic cutters and hopes they draw in NPC ships to fight. OP then gets on forum trying to pass himself and his cowardly buddies as something to be afraid of.

That pic is a mercury, also beat a Niagara 1v1, and sank a snow who had help. It's not my fault you Americans need so much help for the fight to be fair.

That pic is a mercury, also beat a Niagara 1v1, and sank a snow who had help. It's not my fault you Americans need so much help for the fight to be fair.

Could be my old cell phone making it hard to see the pic, but it looks like nothing there. No real evidence of anything.

Edited by Justme

Could be my old cell phone making it hard to see the pic, but it looks like nothing there. No real evidence of anything.

must be your phone, the pic is my cutter approaching the cerberus (it wasn't a mercury) with the Cerb's white flag showing prominently.

must be your phone, the pic is my cutter approaching the cerberus (it wasn't a mercury) with the Cerb's white flag showing prominently.

It would be interesting to see( not what you say) what the others in your group had used. Normally I would give the benefit of the doubt, but given you seem to gank noobs to draw out NPC ships to make yourself look good. Color me skeptical.

Are you even in the area when U.S players are typically on, I would love to face you guys but somehow I doubt I would see you in my timeframe.

Edited by Justme

It would be interesting to see( not what you say) what the others in your group had used. Normally I would give the benefit of the doubt, but given you seem to gank noobs to draw out NPC ships to make yourself look good. Color me skeptical.

Are you even in the area when U.S players are typically on, I would love to face you guys but somehow I doubt I would see you in my timeframe.

I am in the area in prime time US, and I usually just jump into fights currently in process, and the US almost always has the BR advantage.  The Niagara whose crew I killed actually started the fight with me.  Its not about making myself look good, its about piracy

Not sure where attacking basic cutters w/a larger ship on a PvP server should be frowned upon really. I'll take those kind of fights all day long in my basic. Its nothing but a win-win really. You get xp/gp and experience essentially for FREE!! With the cost of repairs the fact that anyone would take on basics is rather humorous really. Granted being attacked by something probably 3rd rate and higher would significantly change the scenario however.

All that being said, I dont care enough to look for it, but I'm 95% certain someplace around here the dev team said 'griefing' newbies outside of capitols is

not acceptable behavior and can be punishable. One would assume that if you feel taken advantage of or being purposely grieved outside a zone of capitol

control than file a report.

that last paragraph was for new players, not specifically for Justme. I know Justme isnt a new player and is not concerned HE is being victimized. It was more a PSA not directed at any particular person.

Not sure where attacking basic cutters w/a larger ship on a PvP server should be frowned upon really. I'll take those kind of fights all day long in my basic. Its nothing but a win-win really. You get xp/gp and experience essentially for FREE!! With the cost of repairs the fact that anyone would take on basics is rather humorous really. Granted being attacked by something probably 3rd rate and higher would significantly change the scenario however.

All that being said, I dont care enough to look for it, but I'm 95% certain someplace around here the dev team said 'griefing' newbies outside of capitols is

not acceptable behavior and can be punishable. One would assume that if you feel taken advantage of or being purposely grieved outside a zone of capitol

control than file a report.

that last paragraph was for new players, not specifically for Justme. I know Justme isnt a new player and is not concerned HE is being victimized. It was more a PSA not directed at any particular person.

I use a basic cutter and generally join fights where the Americans have a higher BR. I can understand why he would be mad about it though, I've sunk better ships then cutters and caused others a higher repair bill

I use a basic cutter and generally join fights where the Americans have a higher BR. I can understand why he would be mad about it though, I've sunk better ships then cutters and caused others a higher repair bill

When I get into an OW PVP fight I want challenging gameplay. I don't want to pick on new players who are just learning how to play. The majority of the experienced population don't spend a whole lot of time around the U.S capital.

There is a big difference between attacking new players for easy xp who don't know how to play vs experience players who can put up a fight. The lack of in game tutorial and you are doing it in groups makes it even a bigger problem.

Add to the fact it is no longer possible for experienced players to join your victims side due to the update and even give them a chance also paints you in a very poor light.

When I get into an OW PVP fight I want challenging gameplay. I don't want to pick on new players who are just learning how to play. The majority of the experienced population don't spend a whole lot of time around the U.S capital.

There is a big difference between attacking new players for easy xp who don't know how to play vs experience players who can put up a fight. The lack of in game tutorial and you are doing it in groups makes it even a bigger problem.

Add to the fact it is no longer possible for experienced players to join your victims side due to the update and even give them a chance also paints you in a poor light.

People have been whining on the forums about pirates not being pirates and playing like a nation. So here I am, off the American coast, sinking traders, and bigger ships and yes, some cutters. I have fought plenty of bigger ships with my cutter, if you Americans don't like pirates off your coast then you should try and kick us out mate. Until then the plunderin won't stop

Being a pirate has noting to do with trolling newer players.

You can redefine things all you like. I've been patrolling the coast from mid Florida and Charleston, taking prizes, some are new people, some aren't, some are traders. That is Piracy, don't like it? Come kick me out.