Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

this is also a question regarding the game, not the developers attention.

lock sector is enabling your guncrews to either aim straight forward (locked sector) 90° to the hull or (unlocked sector) aim towards the aiming recicle.

The gunners will swing their guns towards the position of your mouse. Not only elevation but sideaim.

You can see this with the aiming cone. It becomes narroe-er when you enable the unlocked gunnery.

There are two other unlocked modes. unlocked to 250 and to 100. Which does this: The gunners aim at a fictional point in the middle of your gundeck exactly 250 or 100m away. elevation is still determined by yuor mousemovements.

I think the firing modes: random, rolling front fire, rolling back fire explain themselvs.

Rolling broadsides from to aft or vice versa. And the well known random shot.

its exactly that.

Its will automatically aim your guns at the repative point where you aim at.

If you aim 600m orthogonal to your mid gun port (just entering gunview for the first time fror example) you will hit just around the point "drawn" by your mouse.

600m away in between all your guns.

That doesn't sound right to me. They still have much to add I mean fleets for example?

When will we be able o create fleets again.

The skirmish option is not functional yet and neither is the send to admiralty option?

With all those to add I think we can make that 2 months 8 months to a year.

We are talking about 5 or even six individual patches before all this comes in.

That can't happen in just 2 months!

Dear sirs developers, whether you to release of game can build in a voice communication it how it was made now in tanks? When directly in fight the group is formed and can communicate. Very convenient thing, especially when not acquaintances to the aid come.

Tools like voice communication would delay other features. Also, voice comm isn't planned because of potential abuses and harassment.

- When or will we ever be able to use these stern and bow ports on small ships ?

- Will the use of the nearby gun to fill the empty stern and bow ports be implemented in NA ?

It could be a great feature : one would have to wait awhile before firing stern and bow guns (some could think that it's too easy and unrealistic right now).

It isn't sure yet - maybe.

My big question is how far away do you think the Pirate mechanics are?  I would love to play as a pirate but at the moment its basically just a FFA nation, nothing too special about them, cant wait for chances to be sneaky :D

Not sure about some special pirate mechanics yet.

Is an ingame map coming? I'd vote for one without player location, and with the option to trace routs and mark locations...

Yes some kind of a map is coming.

After patch 4.0 certain things have changed when it comes to the ships being sold in the different ports. 

1. The highest quality level offered is still "fine" (Blue). Is this still true?

2. The highest number of "upgradeable slots" on ships sold is now 2. Is this true?

Yes the highest quality level is blue, and the number of upgradeable slots is 2.

1. are you aiming for more realistic ship Management regarding the outfitting of the ship before going into the seas? like every ship has a certain space for cargo depending on the ships size and a Player would Need to manage Food, water, shot and and powder, spare parts?

2. are you going to Exchange those "repair kit mechanics" for more realistic mecanics like buying rope, Wood extra sails and Tools in port and have a the amount of available repair being dependent on the amount of parts you bought? possibly further influenced by a master carpenter and the experience Level of the carpenter mates?

Currently, your ship pursuer is managing the supplies. Naval captains were more focused on the tuning of the ship.

Is the development of an exploration gameplay stil topical, in redesign, on hold or abandoned ?

Any detail ?

Exploration gameplay will be decided after crafting is tested.

You guys were talking about a new gamemode for the pvp part. the day long mode or something (cant remember exact). will it ever be released? I like the open world but it would be awesome to include your pvp in the open world stuff (like a menu so you can choose what to do).

Such mode may happen if the problem of the long instance stability is solved. Other game modes incorporated into the OW (a-la battle royale) are being considered.

Any news or updates of the commerce de Marseille (classe Océan) 118 gun first rate??
Is it being modelled?

No update on the Océan-Class yet. All promised models will be in the game.

Are module drop's completely random? 

Yes.

• Like 3

Question to developers: what next ? what is your road map after summer holidays?

Crafting and Port battles are the current priorities. Basic clan/guild features will come next. These 3 next priorities will finish the basic feature set for the Early Access. The rest will depend on the success of the game and the general reception of the public.

I would like to change my player name without creating a new player, can that be done?

Currently it isn't possible. Not sure whether it will be proposed in the future.

Can we augment group limit?  6 is like potbs.

The current limit is 5 to fit to 25v25 battles. The group limit could be expanded if there are many requests.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

• I saw that the game had naval battles with storm, it will be included to the game according to the climate of open world ?, and nighttime battles?

• if you start a naval battle in the open world near a port or coast, background'll see the landscape of the island or continent?

• it was mentioned that a system is available to take enemy ports, these ports will have naval artillery defenses?

@1-2: The devs have said that they will eventually tie the battle instances in with the open world, so whatever conditions you're encountering in the open world (night time, storms, a narrow bay, etc.) when you enter battle, you'll have the same conditions in the battle instance.

@3: I assume so, yes. A while ago, the devs did test NPC artillery fortifications in Sea Trials. I can't recall reading anything specific about that since, though.  

Question: any possibility to happen that u let use more (maybe only 2) ships and let them change (with thier home port) at any time?

If i wanna do ECO i just have to sail to my ECO ports, what is usally 20-30 min, make ECO run, what usually 20-30 min again, get back to my hunting area,what 20-30 min again. That means 1, 1.5 half hour without fun factor. Thats the time i have for playing/ day. So many waste of time just will force me to stop playing, and i think i wont be alone. if u dont want to let multiplie ship system, u should let a primary, secondary (maybe third at admiral level) ship system to decrease a bit the OW sailing time. Btw if somebody dont want to do ECO (what i doubte, as after certeain time u cant get better ship), can have with this system 2 paralell hunting area what boost fun factor again gives more goals to make more capable fighting ships.

Edited by DrZoidberg

Question: any possibility to happen that u let use more (maybe only 2) ships and let them change (with thier home port) at any time?

You can have multiple ships at different home ports, each one has to an outpost.

Then you can use the teleport to get to an other outpost of yours and then sail from there.

Example: Yor trading outpost is Plymouth and you have a traders cutter there and in Jeremie you have a frigate.

Monday you do your trading run and when you stop playing you teleport to Jeremie, then on Tuesday you go hunting and right before logoff, you take your cutter and teleport back to Plymouth.

You can have multiple ships at different home ports, each one has to an outpost.

Then you can use the teleport to get to an other outpost of yours and then sail from there.

Example: Yor trading outpost is Plymouth and you have a traders cutter there and in Jeremie you have a frigate.

Monday you do your trading run and when you stop playing you teleport to Jeremie, then on Tuesday you go hunting and right before logoff, you take your cutter and teleport back to Plymouth.

Its not the same i mentioned. I just told that if u want players to play so much OW sailing time will force some player out. What i suggested seems a good way between too much OW sailing but too easy to play...

any possibility to happen that u let use more (maybe only 2) ships and let them change (with thier home port) at any time?

So, can you lease tell me what you are trying to say here?

You want to have more than one ship, your ships change (like a surprise on monday and a frigate on tuesday or what?), and the "home ports" (outpost?) change aswell.

It might be because English is not my first language but I do not understand what you propose here.

i suggested to have 2 ship (main and secondary) players can change at any time (with the port they are in). Players should mark thier main and secondary ship from thier "shippool". So u can do ECO run with ur trader, after do hunt run with frigate, and no OW sailing between the two playtype, what is really boring and waste of time. For example i do ECO run at Prinzapolka, hauling there Pine log from bluefilds and make fittings, after i just change to my frigate at Jeremi, and hunt. If i do this with teleport system, i do my ECO run at Prinzapolka, then i just teleport to Kingston with my full trader to haul the stuff there, and then i have to sail to Jeremi, what usually 15 min boring, useless sail. With my system u just skip this sail.  If player dont want to do ECO, he can have 2 hunter ship at another ports. Its good for PVE players, and PVP players too i think. This system just eliminate the most annoying thing in the game for me, much common yacht OW sailing, while about half OW sailing (with real target like hunting and hauling) just still needed to do. Plus with this system u are more free abot the time, when to do ECO, its not bounded to ur teleport time.

Edited by DrZoidberg