Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Hey Tuefelhunden,

Santissima owners will be invited into the Open Word test next. (cpt. Obvious I know :P)

Some testers who gave extensive feedback and prove themselvs very helpful on the forums got invited into this current OpenWorld test.

Right now it still is very basic testing and all those who preordered will have the pleasure to test the OpenWorld once the biggest bugs, gameplay features etc. are ironed out. There is more than we can see. Servers have to be optimized for the masses, program data has to be optimized etc.

We can only politely ask you to wait just a bit longer until the important things are taken care of.

thanks so i only have 2 more questions.

1. How much is it?

2. How much are add ons?

The price is 40$ and the game is buy once, play forever.

Will there be joystick support in the game? Cause i have a logitech g25 that i would love to use as ruddercontrol (i might even put a big shipwheel on it :D

There isn't joystick support at this stage, but there will be some day in the future.

I have two questions that i didnt found via search.

1. Do you consider to let the player move freely on deck?

I would love to and i always play with camera near deck!

2. Will there be dolphins?

The current goals are ship combat and open world. Avatars, walking in ports and captain's cabin may be added at a much later stage. There will be some beautification additions (later though).

Hello

1.) i would like to know if ships are always delivered with full crew or do captains need to hire seamen, marines and officers themself and have to pay them wages?

2.) are there special crewmembers (e.g. Warrant Officers) planned? Like a Master Gunner that improves gunnery, or a carpenter that improves repair ability, trained marines to help in boarding fights, etc. etc.?

3.) Do ships and Crew need maintenance? Like buying Timber or spare Sails to repair and improve while on Sea, or to have enough portions of food, water and a cook aboard to keep the crew alive and their morale high?

4.) Can players flee from battles? :D

5.) Are there secret places and treasures to be discovered :D ?

6.) Can enemy ports and towns be raided?

So a lot of questions but thanks in advance :)

1) not decided yet

2) probably

3) possibly

4) yes

5) yes

6) yes

Hello!

1. Is there going to be more ALPHA test invites sent?

2.How do you choose to whom you send these invites?

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to play this game.

If you buy the game you gain automatic invitation to the alpha testing. Currently, only motivated forum users can buy the game by sending a mail to info@game-labs.net. The open world prototype is open only to testers who unlocked the Santissima ship (if you unlock it now you get the access), but every tester will be invited later.

• Like 1

but every tester will be invited later.

is there a rough time frame on this at all? i'm sure there are many like myself who bought the game late in testing and didn't make it to the Santi, and are now waiting on an invite to OW.

if we could get some idea as to when that would be, to save us checking the forums twice a day that would be great.

Can you be more specific regarding the purchase games.Thanks:)

What do you want to know ?

is there a rough time frame on this at all? i'm sure there are many like myself who bought the game late in testing and didn't make it to the Santi, and are now waiting on an invite to OW.

if we could get some idea as to when that would be, to save us checking the forums twice a day that would be great.

I agree with Aussie_Fox. Is there any rough time frame on OW being opened to the masses so I can stop checking my email 15 times a day?

You can still unlock the Santi now and get your access to the open world. There's no ETA on the invite to all testers yet.

What do you want to know ?

You can still unlock the Santi now and get your access to the open world. There's no ETA on the invite to all testers yet.

Unfortunately with the large influx of experienced PvP players into OW, getting the Santi now is excruciatingly painful. With an average of 20 PvP players on at peak hours I often find myself sitting in a lobby for 10-15 mins before getting frustrated and quitting the game. I've also tried to grind my way up to the Santi by playing PvE but that is just as frustrating as sitting in the lobby due to the poor AI. Getting the Santi through conventional methods is like pulling teeth; quite honestly I would probably sooner have my teeth pulled than grind my way up to the Santi with the way things are now. I find myself getting more frustrated by the game than truly enjoying it these days.

Unfortunately with the large influx of experienced PvP players into OW, getting the Santi now is excruciatingly painful. With an average of 20 PvP players on at peak hours I often find myself sitting in a lobby for 10-15 mins before getting frustrated and quitting the game. I've also tried to grind my way up to the Santi by playing PvE but that is just as frustrating as sitting in the lobby due to the poor AI. Getting the Santi through conventional methods is like pulling teeth; quite honestly I would probably sooner have my teeth pulled than grind my way up to the Santi with the way things are now. I find myself getting more frustrated by the game than truly enjoying it these days.

The goal of the grind is to test the build, but if you can't find opponents then maybe better wait until the full opening. The AI is being improved in the open world build.

if you can't find opponents then maybe better wait until the full opening.

^^this. for a period of at least 2 weeks i couldnt even get a PVE game, there would be less than 20 people online and i'm guessing they were all playing PVE solo. that pretty much killed the game for me.

also you are saying that if you get the santi say tomorrow, you will be invited straight away to open world testing? or is there a grace period?

asking for friends of mine that are waiting for OW as well.

• Like 1

^^this. for a period of at least 2 weeks i couldnt even get a PVE game, there would be less than 20 people online and i'm guessing they were all playing PVE solo. that pretty much killed the game for me.

also you are saying that if you get the santi say tomorrow, you will be invited straight away to open world testing? or is there a grace period?

asking for friends of mine that are waiting for OW as well.

Yes I had misexplained it in the post before - if you unlock the Santisima now, you get the access (and it will stay like that). Still if you don't want to, you can also wait for the future invitation.

• Like 1

Nice videos! I noticed that while sailing in the OW, the gun ports are all open. I know that earlier there was a discussion about gun ports opening and closing in battle, but this was dismissed for performance reasons, which I understand. But while navigating in the open world they could as well be shown closed, right? Then, when you enter the battle instance, the ports are shown open. Will this be implemented later?

We suggest that you stop grinding and start enjoying :), because everyone will get access to the open world in the near future

What would you feel when we start giving open access to all buyers, even those who dont have anything?

We are not sure why you self-impose some obligations on yourself. we are not forcing you to do it. Just play normally and enjoy yourself.

Once the servers are ready for more people we will invite everyone.

What would you feel when we start giving open access to all buyers, even those who dont have anything?

We are not sure why you self-impose some obligations on yourself. we are not forcing you to do it.

1. i don't think it will bother anyone to allow people into OW testing who have payed for the game, regardless of experience.

2. it's not soo much an obligation, as it is we are super excited to see more of the game. sure some people take the whole alpha/beta super seriously, and without them the game wouldn't be where it is. but for the vast majority of us, we just want to play :)