Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.1.1 Opt x2 latest version)

Nick Thomadis

3 hours ago, ioulaum said:

The New AI just charging in without considering to bring all guns to bear, even a dedicated plunging shooter will try to closing in and get stern/bow belt penetrated.

For some reason, AI doesn't want to show broadside and forced into a bow-in position.

Untitled.thumb.png.51870689201e00aac3670d90d128e8fc.png

Untitled(Small).png.50d2c20f0f3e314147f6a16571629d14.png

If the AI is closing in directly like that it is because it is trying to get enough belt pen to go through your armour, regardless of if its a long range lobber or not if it can't pen your deck armour at long range it'll instead try to close in for a knife fight.

7 hours ago, ioulaum said:

The New AI just charging in without considering to bring all guns to bear, even a dedicated plunging shooter will try to closing in and get stern/bow belt penetrated.

For some reason, AI doesn't want to show broadside and forced into a bow-in position.

That seems to depend on the ship. I had a cruiser duel with a British cruiser, that had better guns than my own cruiser, staying at a good range for him to hit me but a less than ideal range for me to hit him. On the other hand i just had a British BB try to close in on my own BB and its BC support, very much to the detriment of the Britsh.

Edited by Tortenschachtel

After 1900 shielded guns are just becoming unavailable. And sometimes I woul'd rather use shielded guns than turreted ones. They are lighter, cheaper and can fit in places where turrets can not. Not to mention you can fit 2-3 shielded gun mounts in the same place required for 1 turreted equivslent. Please let us have option to use shielded or turreted gun placement.

• Like 3

are there any change to fix the ai disappearing act even if they are only 5 km out its like they are using the superior klingon cloaking device its so annoying to fight them also in my last campaign the minor nation dont know what refueling means since all of the battles i had with a minor nation ship it had low fuel and please remove the auto targeting ship have in game i hate that when a enemy ship its about to die my ship change target on its own and never stay more then 5 seconds

Auto targeting shoul'd be switched off the moment player interfere and assign the target to the ship manually. It is quite annoying to assign the targets to each ship manually and then suto targeting changes this completely messing up targetting and range found bonuses in the process.

• Like 1

There shoul'd just be a way to interact with minor nation. Now I've got the case of being at war with Turkey (since it is allied with France which is at war with me) but I just can not do:

-naval invasions

- attack their fleets

- strike their ports

• Like 4

Another minor request, for a friend who just witnessed a screening destroyer grind itself into a friendly BB and becoming a shot trap: make screening ships NOT REPEATEDLY RAM INTO THE FRIENDLY SHIPS THEY ARE SCREENING IF THEY ARE MOVING POSITION. Not only did my friend's BB get pushed out of position (a 25k tonne BB going at 22 knots losing to a sub 1k ton DD doesn't seem right due to momentum), but the DD then became an instant shot trap catching every single shell fired by the hostile fleet and sinking.

As you can tell, my friend is very annoyed by this.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, brothermunro said:

If the AI is closing in directly like that it is because it is trying to get enough belt pen to go through your armour, regardless of if its a long range lobber or not if it can't pen your deck armour at long range it'll instead try to close in for a knife fight.

I did some further digging into this. The problem are not enemy AI divisions. It's player AI divisions. They just sail straight forward, pass the enemy ships directly and keep going. So I can also confirm his report (no mods used and reported ingame):

On 1/17/2024 at 12:29 PM, ioulaum said:

Just do a AI vs AI custom battle and watch the player side AI ships be brainless. It looks like they lock on the enemy ships, but then do not engage like the regular AI - it looks like their scripting is not triggered at all.

Edited by Astor

How to attack enemy ports?

A few day ago I report that I can't attack minor country's fleet which in the port.

and now I start a new campaign with 1.4.1.0 Live optx2.

I can't even attack French' unarmed ports. no matter how my fleet close them, fleet just didn't attack the port.

Maybe mechanism about attack port changed or I missed something?

12 minutes ago, itolan1752 said:

How to attack enemy ports?

A few day ago I report that I can't attack minor country's fleet which in the port.

and now I start a new campaign with 1.4.1.0 Live optx2.

I can't even attack French' unarmed ports. no matter how my fleet close them, fleet just didn't attack the port.

Maybe mechanism about attack port changed or I missed something?

Do you have 100k tons in the sea region?  Are you at war?

6 hours ago, flaviohc16 said:

Do you have 100k tons in the sea region?  Are you at war?

yes, and I already active a "Naval Invasion" event.

xpLAhM7.jpg

According to this image, Mers el kebir has 0 ships and it is a invasion target, but my fleet didn't spawn a mission to weaken the port after a few turns.

not only in this case. others ports that belong the enemy, the mission don't spawn ,too.

So I would to know is something I missed? or it just a bug? already sent a report.

==========================================================

edit: after this case, Italy declare war on me, and I let fleet go to Sardinia, this time the game normally spawn attack port mission in the next turn.

Edited by itolan1752

Any chance you could stop technologies changing the weight of ship templates?

It is very frustrating to design a ship and then have the template rendered impossible to build two month later, because it's suddenly "overweight" and having to copy/paste it with a new name and now having two upgrade pathes to deal with, since I already built a couple of the original design...

• Like 3

On 1/16/2024 at 1:44 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

Uploaded Optimized x2 version including the following:
- Fixed issue of the torpedo friendly fire mechanics, making torpedoes unreliable in shooting, in several cases.

Ironically, after this update, I have already lost several dozen ships due to ships with torpedoes that launch them from the second line. This has never happened before.

And please disable this annoying feature that constantly switches shooting between targets. The ships do not even fire 2 volleys and immediately change it. And manual reassignment does not help at all, the target is immediately reset, and without any logic to the distance and importance of the target.

It is also very common to shoot at a target, but the firing lines do not indicate it as a target. The shells just fly "there"

In general, I am afraid of the desire to make the game uncomfortable for the player: longitudinal weight shift (which is disabled in mods), barrel elongation (does not make much sense due to a drop in performance), heavy nerf shells, shipyard limitation (which does not greatly prevent AI from building 10 BB per year), unsinkable submarines, and now also constant target switching and friendly fire with torpedoes.

Maybe it's worth stopping at the constant changes in the stable version and checking the changes without testing in beta? With these constant edits, people who have not updated the game since version 1.3 are no longer surprised.

Edited by flashmozzzgg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, flashmozzzgg said:

And please disable this annoying feature that constantly switches shooting between targets. The ships do not even fire 2 volleys and immediately change it. And manual reassignment does not help at all, the target is immediately reset, and without any logic to the distance and importance of the target.

This!
It's been a problem since forever, so much so that usually 90% of my attention during a battle is focused on ensuring that my BBs stay on the designated target. Please add "stay on target" firing mode, where the ship will not switch targets unless target is sunk or the player manually selects a new target (EDIT: or if the target goes out of sight I guess, although even then I'd implement a waiting period of a few seconds in case the enemy pops back in sight). Even if the ship is at the moment unable to fire at designated target, please let it stay on it. Even if it still loses the aim bonus due to whatever whatever, just make it so we can tell a ship not to switch fire from an enemy BB 10km away to some crippled CL 16km away that will immediately pop smoke and disappear when fired upon, thus triggering yet another target switch.

Also of note, can we please have some way not to alter the course of the ship while trying to select targets? It's *SOOOO* annoying to try and pixelhunt an enemy ship 20km away only to realize you accidentally changed course 4 times in the process and your ship is now headed directly at the enemy while this was never the intention

Edited by Abuse_Claws
  • Like 5

I know I suggested it, but can enemy fleets sail right through Gibralter if I own but don't have a fleet in it now? Just sayin cause I thought I'd finally trapped that big German fleet in the Med and next turn they are happily cruising up the english channel.

took a break and came back. many improvements. still some annoying stuff. but on the whole many improvements.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:45 PM, Norbert Sattler said:

Any chance you could stop technologies changing the weight of ship templates?

It is very frustrating to design a ship and then have the template rendered impossible to build two month later, because it's suddenly "overweight" and having to copy/paste it with a new name and now having two upgrade pathes to deal with, since I already built a couple of the original design...

You do not need to create two update paths.
Assuming you have class A, which is the class you originally designed. Create a refit for class A, for example A-2. Then create a copy from that refit, for example class B, and build a few ships of that class. If you now create a refit for A-2, let's call if A-3 because we are really creative today, you can then refit ships of class B to A-3. It's still more annoying that just building A-2, but at the end of the day you can keep one upgrade path, regardless of how many refits you do and how many classes you branch off the original path.

Edited by Tortenschachtel

while agreeing with most of the bugs mentioned above, I'm struggling to make sense of how invasion is supposed to benefit a player. Countries are split into provinces, and (I'd imagine) their GDP and ship building is devided proportionally between the provinces. Anyone who has invaded another of the major countries will be familiar with the AI's ability to spawn hulls at a rate that beggers belief, and that rate isn't affected in the slightest as you pluck each province off the vine, one by one... and yet... if you succeed in completely conquering... the provinces you now control don't contribute a damned thing towards your own shipbuilding. So... what happened to that capability?

The result is that as you spread yourself thinner and thinner, making yourself increasingly more vulnerable while the AI continues to spawn cannon fodder at mind-numbing rates. Which begs the question... what's the point?

If you put ships in to repair at a port you've just captured, it counts against your "home" shipbuilding capacity, always to the detriment of builds in progress until those damaged hulls are repaired. How can that make any sense?

Edited by justMike247

13 hours ago, Tortenschachtel said:

You do not need to create two update paths.
Assuming you have class A, which is the class you originally designed. Create a refit for class A, for example A-2. Then create a copy from that refit, for example class B, and build a few ships of that class. If you now create a refit for A-2, let's call if A-3 because we are really creative today, you can then refit ships of class B to A-3. It's still more annoying that just building A-2, but at the end of the day you can keep one upgrade path, regardless of how many refits you do and how many classes you branch off the original path.

I've heard people say that before, but it just doesn't work on my end. I just tested it again right now, in the current 1.4.1.0 Live Optx2 version.

I made a copy of my A type ship, and saved it as B. Well, actually "Dinara (<year>) -2" and "Meteor", but lets keep things simple.

After building and fully commissioning 4 ships of type B, I made a refit templates for A, and the B ships don't show up in the list of refittable ships. To test things out, I also made a refit of B, were I made some minor changes, and there too only it's own Type B ships show up in the list of ships you can apply the refit to, but not the type A ships.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I've heard people say that before, but it just doesn't work on my end. I just tested it again right now, in the current 1.4.1.0 Live Optx2 version.

I made a copy of my A type ship, and saved it as B. Well, actually "Dinara (<year>) -2" and "Meteor", but lets keep things simple.

After building and fully commissioning 4 ships of type B, I made a refit templates for A, and the B ships don't show up in the list of refittable ships. To test things out, I also made a refit of B, were I made some minor changes, and there too only it's own Type B ships show up in the list of ships you can apply the refit to, but not the type A ships.

That's odd, i've been using this for decades in my current campaign since i found it. Maybe there are further restrictions i am not aware off.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.1.1 latest version)