Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

13 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Spain still needs a hull they can build from the start of the campaign! The current one absolutely minimum tonnage is (minimum beam and draught) is over the starting shipyard size!

Maybe you could add a modified version of one of the french Ironclad hulls which allows large size side guns so we can build something like the Pelayo? (was french built so a french hull fits)

Will be added.

• Like 4

Perhaps consider adding new endgame light cruisers for Austria-Hungary and Russia.

Austria-Hungary has only one light cruiser hull, "Modern Light Cruiser I", available for construction from 1925. It's a nice hull, but but it's just one hull, after all the early variety.

Russia has recently added  "Light Cruiser V" and "Modern Light Cruiser". This is less than all other countries (except Austria-Hungary) and only the last hull can be considered suitable for endgame. 

And God, what kind of hull is this. In short, because of the huge size of the Russian secondary guns, you have to choose what you will put on this ship, torpedoes or secondary guns (unlike the Italian original design, on which you can place all these weapons at the same time). It would be really great to have a simple flat hull in addition to "Modern Light Cruiser".

Edited by Lima
typo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Ok we will offer more variants for the USA to cover most pre-dreadnought examples.

Great to hear!  They've needed proper pre-dreads for a while.  As to hull complaints...

Cannot mount guns on the US flush-deck destroyer's elevated areas on the bow.  There are unusable mounts inside of them but you cannot put a gun on top.  Those barbettes on those sections should be able to mount up to and including 5" single mounts and 4" twin mounts as on certain ships of the Clemson-class.

image.thumb.png.a7468e66ce08a0550cac1e5df7f5290d.png

Can only fit the "Refit Dreadnought IV" tower on the US Large Scout Cruiser hull.  I and II versions of that tower will not fit inside the gap between the raised areas on the bow.  You also cannot mount a larger gun than a 4" on top of that raised section and 3" on the ends when they should be able to mount 6" guns for something akin to the Omaha.  Said raised section is also far too forwards, heavily restricting the fire arc for the bow guns.

1920px-USS_Omaha_(CL-4)_in_New_York_Harb

The Scout Cruiser II hull does a much better job of being an Omaha.  All it needs is main and secondary towers that can fit 6" guns on them.

Edited by SpardaSon21

just started a 1900 US game in the new beta (no mods or save editing, hard, historical, player designs off) in the new beta and found a particularly silly destroyer name
im assuming these names were pulled from a larger list, that just so happened to mention that some destroyers got reclassified to guided missile destroyers?
ultimate admiral: missile age?image.thumb.png.b2040a639be37398fd1dc66abd729a6a.png

Please note that no other new hull is planned to be added, unless you guys advise that is needed to fill the technology gap of a nation. No save wipe out is expected either before the finalization of the patch, unless a major bug is found that needs it. We expect to release the patch next week, when we add new  Naval Academy missions.

i will say yes we need some more bb and bc for the british to fill the tech gap love to see r class bb and queen mary queen elizabeth  duke of iron tiger class battlecruiser renown class just to get some early bc and bb hulls

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nuclearstonk said:

just started a 1900 US game in the new beta (no mods or save editing, hard, historical, player designs off) in the new beta and found a particularly silly destroyer name
im assuming these names were pulled from a larger list, that just so happened to mention that some destroyers got reclassified to guided missile destroyers?
ultimate admiral: missile age?image.thumb.png.b2040a639be37398fd1dc66abd729a6a.png

Ahh the Charles F Adams Class.  

These boats were initially ordered as DD but were launched as DDGs (DDG-2 onward to DDG-24.)  Short version is DDG designation did not exist when they were ordered.  So some sources (including Wikipedia) falsely designate them as DDs...

None of the CF Adams class were laid down as DDs however (the contract for the ships was amended while still in the design phase to be DDG instead of DD.

But yeah, that isn't probably helpful to the dev team :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HaMaT said:

@Nick Thomadis Could you please check the invasion of the territories of dissolved nations? In my current campaign, those territories don't have an army. 0 to be specific. Such territories could be captured within 2 turns. 99% after the first one and then a decisive victory.

it's the same in my campaign

35.png

36.png

• Like 1

I've observed that the tonnage required to successfully invade other major powers has scaled up quite significantly. Against minor powers I've found that you can generally get a 100% (or near enough) chance by bringing roughly three times the minimum amount, but against major powers that does not get you anywhere near. This is particularly bothersome when you are playing a nation like Austria-Hungary where your economy is incredibly constrained, and where regions in Italy require you to bring several hundred thousand tonnes of shipping to get a 50% chance of success.

Alright, couple things about Britain:

A: Battlecruiser V can currently only fit the smallest primary tower, and none of the larger secondary towers, meaning it can only ever slot 1 funnel on superstructure, meaning either alot of weight into funnel capacity upgrades or space for a hull-mounted funnel.

B: Maybe add some Pre-dreadnought hulls that can recreate the British 2nd class battleship concept? Faster speed for slighty less armour and smaller caliber main batteries? Cuz Britain only has 2 pre-dreadnought hulls right now, which feels kinda tiny compared to the amount of BB classes they churned out between 1885-1906

• Like 1

Japanese light cruiser hull 3 has options for medium refit tower I and II, as well as large refit tower I

None of them actually fit, even max hull size and beam turned up to max. there is no way to make them fit anywhere

• Like 2

I'm having a problem with my Technological level.  Despite having a full tech budget since the start of the campaign (1910), I've been behind in my technology for the last 5 years.  Occasionally it goes to "Average", but then falls to "behind" the next turn.

UADGermanProblem1.thumb.png.d06b2aa37a0b866e6dfdb5008409db8c.pngUADGermanProblem2.png.f073395ef704601dd29c8e780b4f2a78.png

• Like 1

Task force loses all fuel when crossing the edge of the map.

37.png

In addition, it would be really great to have buttons for quickly moving from one edge of the map to the other. Such things could greatly improve the gameplay in the Pacific.

• Like 5

Is anyone else experiencing a strange "Range Found" changes? Like most of the time "Range Found" is 100+, but sometimes jumps to 1000+. This often happens when ships run parallel. Which makes sense, I guess. But sometimes it happens for absolutely no apparent reason.

38.png

6 hours ago, Lima said:

Is anyone else experiencing a strange "Range Found" changes? Like most of the time "Range Found" is 100+, but sometimes jumps to 1000+. This often happens when ships run parallel. Which makes sense, I guess. But sometimes it happens for absolutely no apparent reason.

38.png

I’ve dug into range found a fair bit, it can climb even higher, up to +2900%. It grows over time, factors affecting it seem to be:

Range of target compared to the max range of the gun

Rate of fire

Aiming Speed

A veteran crew with a long ranged rapid fire weapon can build the bonus very very quickly. Also wing turrets seem to be able to build the bonus far faster for some reason but that’s harder to pin down (only some of them seem to do that)

I stand by my request to limit the range found bonus to a more sensible value, given the size of the other aim modifiers 100% would seem reasonable to me.

• Like 2

I should also say the AI overall benefits from this less than the player because they love to switch targets all the time whereas a player can micro their ships to not change targets (well unless they decide to change targets anyway but that’s a different issue 😅). It does make early battles very very swingy which feels bad whichever way it falls, either you feel cheated (rightly or wrongly) or that your victory was just dumb luck (or you are overconfident in your designs because you don’t know their actual performance)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lima said:

In addition, it would be really great to have buttons for quickly moving from one edge of the map to the other. Such things could greatly improve the gameplay in the Pacific.

Of all the things that could be added this far along to completed development, this is probably the biggest gain for effort spent.

It wouldn't even have to be buttons - hotkeys to immediately shift to the map edges would be just as if not more useful.

• Like 2

Can the destroyer's guns and bridge be replaced?The most classic British-style bridge is found in other countries.

IMG_20231004_125453(1).thumb.png.97469a8ffdaeef2d18ce84e39bea8196.png

8c02ce9311c7357e585698936c62a76f.jpg.773b214f62b4ee2d6e4163952551b30b.jpg

American gun appeared in Britain.

Forward_gun_turrets_of_USS_David_W._Taylor_(DD-551)_at_Hunters_Point_Naval_Shipyard_California_(USA)_on_23_April_1945.jpg.6fd462836c236b69def5caab4f31bfe6.jpg

My suggestion is using this for mk3 and mk4 in 4inch and 5inchIMG_20231004_124828.thumb.png.6d39966c8fed9cde7f6164b511e69b17.png

use this for mk5

IMG_20231004_124801.png.00a65bbb38e23249027ece940a179361.png

HMS_Meteor_(G74).jpg.b082e9b97d6680ba68e8c8725c5507b0.jpg

Return American single-mounted turrets to the United States.We can build destroyers like the Fletcher class.

images(2).jpeg.cf7313ed113e8641f3443dbd242cbcda.jpeg

The destroyer variety can be rich and historical without need new models.

You can reconsider adding new German destroyer hulls and bridges and guns. The destroyers are not German style.

IMG_20231004_125453(1).thumb.png.97469a8ffdaeef2d18ce84e39bea8196.png

dkm-z-39-1945-destroyer.png.70bd38d53d26c224952151de3d934f29.png1600px-Z-42_wows_main.thumb.jpg.f1f64438c6006d9759dc14b1e2608f6b.jpg

Just needs some model replacements to make the game better, thanks for your work.

Edited by SMS
  • Like 3