Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

so the mechanism that ship in the home-port don't go home after mission is still exist in 1.3.9 Rx2.

VAa6jDB.jpg

this CL Spokane is stay in Davao, after a mission that near Kendari. she decide go to Kendari, not home-port which Davao (even not so far distant).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itolan1752 said:

so the mechanism that ship in the home-port don't go home after mission is still exist in 1.3.9 Rx2.

VAa6jDB.jpg

this CL Spokane is stay in Davao, after a mission that near Kendari. she decide go to Kendari, not home-port which Davao (even not so far distant).

My 2 campaigns that I was alternatly running prior to V1.3.9.rx2 bugged out.  If this is an old campaign the bug could still be in force.   My new started in V1.3.9.RX2 campaign does not seem to have any issues so....   Shurg

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JaM said:

I'm at war with russia, but at peace with China, Germany  and Spain.. yet, all of these are present as defending force fighting me.. why?

I wondered that at first in last night's campaign, but I assume they are all there anyway defending. Sort of makes sense to me they would help out instead of hitting the pub.

Playing as Spain. For 12 years I have denied my minors any ship at all. Yet they hang on and keep joining me. The Minister of FU has been hard at work, but they....will...not...go....away. Now I have seven of them, all bugging me for battleships every month.

No no no no NO NO NO NO NO!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have a bug that I am not sure how to write but I already sent a bug report.

a new 1.3.9 Rx2 campaign, UK start from 1890~1902.

BB & CL class with start tech,and design their refit blueprint and refit those ships after few year.

after next or a few turn. the refit blueprint and ship auto set themselves to the minor tech.

For example,if I upgrade armor type from "Iron plate" to "Harvey", those ships will reset to "Iron plate".

if "Iron plate" obsolete. it will set to "Compound".

I am still observe this bug. because at least it only happen on my 2 class that design before campaign start so far.

===============EDIT=============

after I test some case. I wrote what I found .(still need more TEST)

MAYBE this problem is about this trick (or bug) that make player copy a refit ship and keep copy ship in the same class. but it could still need others unknown factors.

this trick will make a problem that once player build a new "EX" class ship,the first ship still name "EX",which mean player have 2 EX class ship call "EX" now.

image below is my campaign.

WHcXkzg.jpg

I used the trick 3 times on "Canopus class", so I have 4 ships name "Canopus".

and I notice if I don't refit 4 "Canopus" at the same turn but refit them by different turn, the refit blueprint and ship's components will set to the minor tech after last "Canopus" got refit.

maybe I was wrong.but I still want to record my observation.

Edited by itolan1752
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, itolan1752 said:

and I notice if I don't refit 4 "Canopus" at the same turn but refit them by different turn, the refit blueprint and ship's components will set to the minor tech after last "Canopus" got refit.

maybe I was wrong.but I still want to record my observation.

The immediate workaround to this is to just rename the ships by double clicking the ship name and typing it in. I've already had several cases recently of being unable to refit due to the fact that ship names have copied.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JaM said:

I'm at war with russia, but at peace with China, Germany  and Spain.. yet, all of these are present as defending force fighting me.. why?

image.thumb.png.cc72a7759518a32c304aa24f8641f2fc.png

A very old problem. If they are Russia's allies, they will help Russia, even without declaring war on you.

OK now I'm starting to get pissed off it was mentioned a few times in previous posts and OBVIOUSLY has not been fixed. Playing as the US and I had 2 province invasions occurring on mainland England and Ireland and India. 5 at 75% or greater I was almost done with conquering the British primary provinces then bam economic collapse. All invasions stopped and the 250k vp I had against the British gone because they collapsed! 4 years of war and conquering down the drain FIX THIS!!!! Its absolutely absurd that I didn't not get the provinces I was almost done conquering or even the reparation's for VP I had. At this point until this is changed I'm done with the game and I'm sure that doesn't mean much to you guys as you have many others playing but I wonder if anyone else has had this happen. It is a massive flaw in the game that needs to be fixed ASAP! Bug report even submitted. Is there an idea on when this can issue can be fixed? @Nick Thomadis

• Like 2

Uploaded Repaired Version x3 including the following:
- Further aiming repairs and optimizations. The aiming progress should now work as good as possible without too frequent maximization to 30x level. Furthermore, the battle fps should be better optimized due to the new code.
- Fixed issue which could cause guns or ships to freeze during battle due to a code exception.
- Fixed error that did not allow to reset aiming with Ctrl + Space.
- Fixed old issues of the Destroyer Tech tree in 1900-1910 era. (1100 ton Destroyers not becoming available for some nations in the correct techs and other).
- Various UI fixes and minor improvements.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 7

That bug where your refit design suddenly is a down fit design that converted all your top of the line ships into heaps of decrepitude, and ancient decrepitude at that, now takes 11 months to destroy your work while locking up shipyards and combat capability.

Nailed me twice this time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kineuhansen said:

man one thing i would love to see fixed is the text in the game like when i hold my mouse over the main gun is outside the screen so i cant see what mk the gun is

Yes. It should be easy to correct. I do this with MelonLoader and UnityExplorer live. Takes 20 seconds. Sadly I have to do this every time I start the game, but so worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

Yes. It should be easy to correct. I do this with MelonLoader and UnityExplorer live. Takes 20 seconds. Sadly I have to do this every time I start the game, but so worth it.

Can you post a tutorial on how to do this in another thread? I'd appreciate it as this is one of my biggest gripes with the game.

• Like 1

Taking my BC from Sicily and stuffing it into Spalato and blocking it behind all sorts of crappy Italian enemy is just plain wrong. I want to break out and shoot them all, why can't i do that? It's not real game play, it's not close to real

Put the Ships back where you get them, you are screwing up my station plan, which is my game, I'm playing here. If the ship is damaged more than 10-20% I might consider it moving to closest allied or own port, but they're not even touched. Not only that, when you do put the ships back in my ports, you put them in the wrong ports. I have each port filled just the way I want, everything supports everything else, and you keep picking them up and dumping them two to three seas away. If your goal is to Frustrate the Player, congratulations, I'm getting frustrated. If your goal is to provide a game with real challenge and fun replayability, this ain't it.

This whole; "one little minelaying sub can block an entire straight from my pack of sub eating top of the line destroyers and cruisers" is not real gaming, it's just not real. force a confrontation or kill the behavior entirely.

The whole blocking function needs to be reworked into something playable. I should be given the choice to turn back or to force entry, that's essentially the whole Art of Naval Warfare. It makes the Med and Southeast Asia just a cess pit like the land battles

I'm not playing land battle for the moment because what the heck? It's ok, AI needs to be solid for end game, I just want all the islands, but maybe naval support of land battles could be expanded upon.  If the AI is keeping 10 BB's in that small 2000T harbor I want to force a confrontation to get them out. If I put Naval Forces alongside a land battle I want to affect that battle, right now it sort of feels like I'm just along for the ride. Something needs something here is all I'm sayin...

The Map, the Map Notes, The not really useful Log, the hidden map notes in Italy blocked by other text, the hidden info in the battle screen because the Font is still messed up and the windows are allowed to float off the edge of the screen

It might be worthwhile to add a Minor Nation Political Screen where we can suggest the govt allow us to attack various nations or cancel/seek alliances etc. See my previous notes on anti-piracy missions for political favor with minors.

If a minor nation is allied with a major nation attacking me I should be able to take their land. They should be open to conquest.

On the Ship Design page all the refits should be collected in drop down menus below the root vessel. We should be able to build to refit plans like the AI wants us to for them, There should be a check box if the design is allowed for foreign sale. There should be a count of how many you have and how many you are building, there should be a count of how many of each refit.

I wouldn't say a word if i didn't enjoy the game so much. Very relaxing for me, highly creative and explosive. These things and a few others are what stands between this game getting a triple A.

Wow, what a S**t show next door! Keep your heads down, light at the end of the tunnel, still far off, but I think it's there. Don't get cocky, keep up the good work.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

CTD again while trying to design a battlecruiser.

Steam again. I went and checked for updates, and...nothing came up at all. I used task mangler, Steam was chewing up HALF the memory on my computer. So I rebooted. Then all the updates came in a torrent, so to speak. Should be fine. Once again, my apologies if you did any extra work for my comment. Please disregard.

Hi there so i played a bit more and have some feedback

Game is awesome - that is fact. It is enjoyable but feeling of "not ready" "incomplete" or flat out "broken"  is something that returns over and over again.

After some deliberation i have few issues with suggested fixes.

1 - Formation system is most flat out infuriating thing in this game and main reason why my task force is always les then 20 ships. - Please have additional option in game to have ships: only in line abrest, line ahead or default formation when entering battle

2 - lack of hulls in general and hulls that would support meta hurts game. We and AI (espiecally AI) should have acess to at least 1 hull a year. - Please add hulls such as nb torpedo battleship, tumblehome BC or aft castle type ships. I have the fact that only pre 1910 i can create interesting ships, especially when my preferred engagement range is 5km or less.

Why i cannot put guns on elevated positions in older hulls? Why i cannot put barbets on those? Why i cannot decrease size of this hull more? Some things are to restrective which really hurts game enjoyment

AI tends to stick to out dated designs to much - far far to much. They are definition of quantity over quality and that causes engagements in which 10 vs 30 (my vs enemy) is easy.

Please have AI to design and build ships in batches one time per year with newest technology avalible and if not in war then scrap ships that are more then 5-6 year old.

I know it is unrealistic but in this game ships from 1905 will win with better designed ship from 1900 any time.

3 Steam workshop - please add option to easly share and download packages of ships for the AI (there is a lot of people that would love to make historically accurate ship models in packages to share) i know that those may be broken by updates but there is no point in delaying feature that would solve A lot of problems in the game

4 UI - please move side windows that overlap so we can sea both (there is a lot of those that are flat out invisible)

5 - Ship painting scheme - i know it is not a priority but ships do look really really boring and we should be able to add cosmetics to them

6 - Nations should not collapse and disaapere from the map. They should change into minor nations (and potentially some major? playble?) - like GB turning into Scotland, Australia and India for example and if we won the war agains them we should be able to get some compensation

7 - Limit political intereactions depending on cultural sphere. There is no point in China owning islands near Spain or Me (Italy) deciding to invade China and Soviet Union

8 - There is alot of empty technologies in tech tree

9 - Please simplify war reparation wndow with go to sign near provinces. I really do not know geography of South east Asia...

Thats all i can think of.

Great job so far guys, cannot wait for 1.4 :)

• Like 1