Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

On 7/6/2023 at 11:12 PM, brothermunro said:

That’s very interesting! Turning those into plainer English for those who don’t speak computer 😄:

1.    The difference in VP between you and your enemy must reach or exceed 10,000 before the initiation of peace negotiations.
    2.   In order to trigger peace negotiations, the winner must have a VP ratio that is at least 1.5 times higher than the loser’s VP.
    3.   The combined VP of both you and your enemy must reach or exceed 45,000 before the game triggers the evaluation for potential peace negotiations.
    4.    Once the conditions are met there is a 20% chance each month for peace to be triggered.
    5. There must be a cooldown period of up to 5 turns before the game can initiate new peace negotiations after a peace event has occurred.

For example if you have 30,000 VP and the enemy has 15,000 VP you’d meet the criteria and the option would be available to push for peace if there hasn’t been an attempt by you or the random peace option in the last 5 turns. On the other hand if you’ve got zero vp and so does the enemy then pushing for peace is impossible.

Problem with this formulae is, that sometimes, certain countries might not have sizeable navy.. so getting to 10000 VP id quite problematic.. Also, sometimes, its very hard to blockade them because they have ports on all oceans (russia for example)

I think there should be some bonus to VP value, based on  number of ships country has. some dynamic value, where value of the ship is increased in small navies, and values of ships is smaller for huge navies.. after all, historically speaking - if small nation loses a CL its a sizeable bigger problem for them to replace it, than losing a BB for Great Britain..

2 hours ago, JaM said:

Problem with this formulae is, that sometimes, certain countries might not have sizeable navy.. so getting to 10000 VP id quite problematic.. Also, sometimes, its very hard to blockade them because they have ports on all oceans (russia for example)

I think there should be some bonus to VP value, based on  number of ships country has. some dynamic value, where value of the ship is increased in small navies, and values of ships is smaller for huge navies.. after all, historically speaking - if small nation loses a CL its a sizeable bigger problem for them to replace it, than losing a BB for Great Britain..

The Most confuse thing for me is why blockade and destroy merchant ship by auto event can not gain VP.

Also,refit time is outrageous now, does it really need 11 months to remove/add some 2 inch gun?

even in a new game in 1.3.9.2R, too,so it is not because playing old version save.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.3)

Yes.before 1.4, this version is most complete version I ever seem.

global campaign totally work. most major bug are solved. remaining bug is too small that can ignore or able to avoid.

though it still ridiculous that failed to withdraw a attack that starting by us (why? how?), and enemy keep escape at battle but also keep dragging player into battle.

• Like 1

I think there is a weird bug with refit times, sometimes it may say 2 months in the builder, but then when i refit the ship it jumps up to 10 months. I seem to recall the same issue 2 patches ago, but was fixed with the patch before the current one.

22 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I think there is a weird bug with refit times, sometimes it may say 2 months in the builder, but then when i refit the ship it jumps up to 10 months. I seem to recall the same issue 2 patches ago, but was fixed with the patch before the current one.

Is your Shipyard capacity full?

57 minutes ago, Urst said:

Is your Shipyard capacity full?

Nope, plenty of space available, i'll check again in case i missed a change that increased the time, but i was making sure of taking like 2-3 months at most to do it because i was at war and i didn't want to lose too many active ships.

Please check in custom battle the error message "Your fleet has an unfinished ship".

I get this error always after I designed several ships and it's a horrid experience to have to kill the custom battle bin to start over (Having to redo 100+ ships each time).

I would prefer to use the shared designer instead, but at least allow us to manually pick designs for both sides. Why can't I select shared designs for my enemy myself? Yes they use shared designs, but they pick a random design, but what should I do if I want specific shared designs used? If you allows us to pick the shared ones on both sides, I then don't have to nuke my bin file like mentioned above because of that annoying error.

Edited by Astor

48 minutes ago, kineuhansen said:

man one thing i would love to see them fix is the ship behavior when the weather change if you ever notice that it makes the game look unfinished

Þe game is unfinished.
But, yes. Ship rocking at starting a battle as well as sometimes during weaþer changes is happening for me. Also stalled at Preparing for Battle.

Edited by Urst
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jw62 said:

I've gotten a number of Conquest missions that don't actually show up. I also get some that work.

Just something to tweak

I get that too, but it's better with the recent patch than it was previously.

Also, related to Conquest missions: While a conquest defeat adds Unrest (like a regular naval invasion), a Victory does not decrease Unrest. This makes Conquests VERY risky in peace time where you have no enemy fleets to beat up to remove Unrest...
Not sure if this is intentional, or an oversight.

Also it seems the Army very rarely (if ever?) tries to conquer ungoverned territories, even if I have army forces garrissoned in bordering regions.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 3:43 AM, Panzergraf said:

Also it seems the Army very rarely (if ever?) tries to conquer ungoverned territories, even if I have army forces garrissoned in bordering regions.

It's happening more often now that the Nationalist party won the election, I'm not sure if that's by design or just random chance, but if by design then that's a pretty cool bit of flavor.

However, successful Army Invasions still add Unrest, for some unknown reason. Shouldn't a successful invasion decrease Unrest instead? This is the case when invading regions held by enemy major powers while at war too, but it's more problematic when it happenes in peace time VS Ungoverned territories, as you have no enemy ships to sink to reliably decrease your unrest level.

To me this seems unintended.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

It's happening more often now that the Nationalist party won the election, I'm not sure if that's by design or just random chance, but if by design then that's a pretty cool bit of flavor.

However, successful Army Invasions still add Unrest, for some unknown reason. Shouldn't a successful invasion decrease Unrest instead? This is the case when invading regions held by enemy major powers while at war too, but it's more problematic when it happenes in peace time VS Ungoverned territories, as you have no enemy ships to sink to reliably decrease your unrest level.

To me this seems unintended.

It increases unrest because now you've got a pissed off population you just conquered adding to it.

2 minutes ago, Urst said:

It increases unrest because now you've got a pissed off population you just conquered adding to it.

Then that's inconsistent. When a Naval Invasion is successful (against another major power that is) your Unrest goes down. Why is the conquered population OK with being invaded by sea, and not by land?

And when a Naval Conquest (against Ungoverned) is successful, Unrest doesn't change at all. However, it goes up when unsuccessful (as expected).

I would just like to see it consistently applied, either:
Success: Unrest goes down 

Fail: Unrest goes up

Or the other way around.

• Like 1

I think the refit option for ships needs a calculation overhaul. Some calculation don't make sense. For instance I swapped the steam engines for a turbine drive in some older ships. This but the refit at a couple of months, however increasing the ship speed limit decreases the time to refit. That makes no sense. The same is true for replacing guns or armor. Some options take huge amounts of time whereas others decrease it even though it is still a change to the ship.

I feel that some changes really fall into the rebuild category (take a lot of time to complete) whereas others are an upgrade or even minor improvement. 

Changes that require a rebuild (taking at least 1/2 of the full build time):

- Changing the citadel type (should this even be allowed??)

- Changing the armor technology (e.g. from Krupp I to Krupp III)

- Changing the main gun type or location (e.g. going from 12 inch to 13 inch)

- Changing the engine type (especially when implementing Steam to Turbine or Turbine to Diesel)

Also the time required for a rebuild should be mostly limited by the component that takes the longest, meaning that replacing all of the above would hardly further increase the time to rebuild even further. 

Components that are upgrades (taking up to 1/4 full build time at most)

- Changing the main gun calibre and barrel length (e.g. going from 12 inch to 12.5 inch)

- Changing the torpedo protection

- Changing the range finding equipment (including adding radar or radios)

- Changing ammo types or composition

- Changing the gun reload mechanisms

- Changing secondaries

• Like 2

I think, there is an issue with AI priorities in campaign when the state which is not even your neighbor suddenly declares war to you out of blue. 

In my last game I had a long, bloody and successful war with Japan as Russia and suddenly Spanish AI decides that having simultaneous wars with USA and Germany isn't enough and jumps on me. Worst part of it was that they had literally NO navy at all at this point. 15 torpedo boats certainly don't count as one. Absurd of the situation was that my conquests didn't threaten Spanish interests in the slightest, I wasn't allying any of Spanish enemies, and I wasn't operating anywhere close to Spanish territories. So I had to waste a lot of time just to blockade Spain while trying to catch at least anyone to sink and gain VP.

I'd really like AI behavior to be optimized in the future - because right now it leads to suicides of countries without any player intervention. In the game I am talking about such behavior led to the following situation: around 1923 there was no Spain, no France and no Italy - all gone bankrupt due to war with Germany and someone else they picked just because "why not", so they were overwhelmed and dissolved. 

AI certainly must weight the size of enemies fleets and economics before jumping into wars with multiple actors.

4 hours ago, Tycondero said:

I think the refit option for ships needs a calculation overhaul. Some calculation don't make sense. For instance I swapped the steam engines for a turbine drive in some older ships. This but the refit at a couple of months, however increasing the ship speed limit decreases the time to refit. That makes no sense. The same is true for replacing guns or armor. Some options take huge amounts of time whereas others decrease it even though it is still a change to the ship.

I feel that some changes really fall into the rebuild category (take a lot of time to complete) whereas others are an upgrade or even minor improvement. 

Changes that require a rebuild (taking at least 1/2 of the full build time):

- Changing the citadel type (should this even be allowed??)

- Changing the armor technology (e.g. from Krupp I to Krupp III)

- Changing the main gun type or location (e.g. going from 12 inch to 13 inch)

- Changing the engine type (especially when implementing Steam to Turbine or Turbine to Diesel)

Also the time required for a rebuild should be mostly limited by the component that takes the longest, meaning that replacing all of the above would hardly further increase the time to rebuild even further. 

Components that are upgrades (taking up to 1/4 full build time at most)

- Changing the main gun calibre and barrel length (e.g. going from 12 inch to 12.5 inch)

- Changing the torpedo protection

- Changing the range finding equipment (including adding radar or radios)

- Changing ammo types or composition

- Changing secondaries

Changing armor tech level doesn't require a rebuild, just taking off þe old armored plate and putting on new armored plate. If you assume your industry is already mass producing þe armor'd steel you need it wouldn't take very long to do þat on a small ship, but you're correct on a battleship.

USS Texas is presently having her entire outer hull replaced and all of her secondaries removed and cleaned. It will likely take anoþer year before she's finished. It would take a quarter of þe time if þe U.S. were still MAKING her armor for oþer ships her size and making her guns due to speed of manufacture and pre-produced material, and þe fact þat she'd have a LOT more men working on her if she were an active ship.

Upgrading a lot of shit at once still takes a long time, þough. It took 30 monþs for USS Bush to finish her modernization program after being 10 years out-of-date.
https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2021/08/26/aircraft-carrier-bush-leaves-norfolk-naval-shipyard-after-30-months-of-maintenance/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tycondero said:

- Changing secondaries

These would absolutely fit into your rebuild category. You're talking about adding/changing magazines, hoists, barbettes, turrets, etc.

1 minute ago, Urst said:

Changing armor tech level doesn't require a rebuild, just taking off þe old armored plate and putting on new armored plate. If you assume your industry is already mass producing þe armor'd steel you need it wouldn't take very long to do þat on a small ship, but you're correct on a battleship.

USS Texas is presently having her entire outer hull replaced and all of her secondaries removed and cleaned. It will likely take anoþer year before she's finished. It would take a quarter of þe time if þe U.S. were still MAKING her armor for oþer ships her size and making her guns due to speed of manufacture and pre-produced material, and þe fact þat she'd have a LOT more men working on her if she were an active ship.

Upgrading a lot of shit at once still takes a long time, þough. It took 30 monþs for USS Bush to finish her modernization program after being 10 years out-of-date.
https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2021/08/26/aircraft-carrier-bush-leaves-norfolk-naval-shipyard-after-30-months-of-maintenance/

Texas is getting some of her hull plating replaced, not her armor. To replace her armor (which you'd have to do to change the steel type), she'd have to go into drydock, have her upper hull plating entirely removed, have all of her armor plates removed, have new armor plates installed, and have hull plates reinstalled. That's an incredible amount of work.

You're absolutely right about modernizations, though. Just look at the Andrea Dorias and the Conte di Cavours for an example relevant to the game's time period.

• Like 1

US late battleship and battlecruiser towers don't allow for 3" guns in most of þe secondary positions. Additionally, you can't place secondaries in þe top-most secondary positions if a funnel is placed in þe tower.

It is also impossible to place most of þe battleship / battlecruiser funnels inside of þe towers.

Edited by Urst

Still having issues with being able to move fleets past enemy fleets. My fleet (2BB, 2BC, 4CA, 2CL, 6DD) is currently trapped in a bay and I cannot move them out due to an enemy fleet of 3CLs at the mouth of the bay. This is absurd to say the least that my large fleet is trapped by a tiny fleet and this bug should have been fixed by now. Also in what world does smooth waves and clear skies have an accuracy penalty??? If anything it should give a bonus

Edited by Kiknurazz91
  • Like 2

Several thing are again playing out:

-Hanging at the “Building New Ships” turn transition. Have had to close the game out several times. If it does get “unstuck” I’m playing my cellphone for 3-5 minutes.

-National Unrest is getting nuts again, it just continues to grow out of your control. Makes taking any action that increases unrest ugly options to take.

-GDP growth, even during extended times of peace the random nature of governments will make this crawl.

-Conflicts, I have lost SOOO many naval invasions of neutral powers I don’t even bother anymore. Germany against a tiny Netherlands (55k) Army? 3x required tonnage? Loss. Naval invasion against Latvian with 400k tons of ships against 53k troops? Loss. What do you gain? Negative prestige and hideous unrest because the random number generator worked against you. (Both scenarios had 100% Army Logistics).

-Weather effects, when the blue overcast haze turns on, game enjoyability drops too. Because you can’t see anything. Let alone with the murderous effects of “smooth waves” “daytime” and the other cabal member effect that results in me usually just retreating rather than play an hour long real time battle at .01% accuracy.

-Torpedoes, again, the AI can reliably put deadly strikes on target in a hurricane, using 1900-1910 torpedo technology at ridiculous ranges. While your ships are forced to flee or fire 3,000 shells for one hit for close to no damage.

I want to love this game, but it’s a bug filled S&M experience.

My latest fun experience:

Started Germany in 1910, failed to gain ANY traction starting a war with ANY major power (fleet activity and tension increases). Two neutral invasions failed for god knows why. Heligoland rebels due to failed invasions and random unrest creep. 450k tons of ships fail to win the “conflict”. Revolution and I’m out due to low prestige. FUN GAME GUYS!

Edited by Halcion
Update
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1930s campaign, I have 4 CAs vs 3 CA, managed to sink one of the enemy CAs early and the last two attempt to flee, I split my ships into two divisions and begin pelting them from multiple sides.......and then three of my CAs randomly stop following my orders and start sailing in random directions unless I manually rudder them, even if I turn AI on the ships do a bunch of random nonsensical maneuvers like sailing in circles or sailing away from the fight. Excellent.........

• Like 1