Game-Labs Forum

UAD Rebalancing Mod For [v1.4.0.5 R2]

admiralsnackbar

Hello admiralsnackbar! Been really loving your rebalance mod! Was also wondering if there is a way to make the funnel to boiler and engines a bit more realistic.  Something more like a backwards L then and upside down T... Ships always seem super bow heavy and balancing them out always ends up having funnels super far back and the ships looking kinda goofy.  Any Idea if there is a way to change it to be more prototypical?  

Something more like this?....

engine 1.png

On 3/20/2023 at 12:10 PM, mrfox1918 said:

Hello admiralsnackbar! Been really loving your rebalance mod! Was also wondering if there is a way to make the funnel to boiler and engines a bit more realistic.  Something more like a backwards L then and upside down T... Ships always seem super bow heavy and balancing them out always ends up having funnels super far back and the ships looking kinda goofy.  Any Idea if there is a way to change it to be more prototypical?  

Something more like this?....

engine 1.png

No way to do this afaict

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm trying to mod a couple of things, and haven't found a place to discuss modding, so figured this was the best place.

I'm trying to change the calculation for penetrating angled belt armor (not ricochet chance). In essence I'm trying to reduce the effects of angling on penetrating belt armor. Basically trying to make broadside-on ships less vulnerable, and bow-on ships less invincible.

This is because the game registers a lot of bow-on/stern-on hits as main armor hits, when really they should have a much higher chance of hitting perpendicularly the bow/stern armor. It seems that the chances to hit different area of belt armors are the same, no matter the facing of the target. Also, even if fore/aft armor is hit, it seems that the game uses the angle for main armor to calculate the penetration for fore/aft armor.

890064853_bowarmor.png.02682dfa02cf21c72f0ae9545fdd4fb4.png

So as a compromise I'm trying to change the calculation for penetrating angled belt armor. I've already changed the ricochet chances in params-resources, but it's not enough.

The second thing I'm trying to mod are the chances of over-penetration in relation to the facing of the target ship. Over-penetration chances should approach zero the more angled the target, since the shell would have more ship to go through.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Edited by mdesanta777

Hello admiralsnackbar

Would it be possible for me to isolate the economy/government changes from everything else in your mod
(Because I want to try and splice that into Naval Arms Race combat reword)

If yes, how would I do that?

(@Grey from Munro's mods discord server speaking here)
Question: What was your criteria for choosing your government modifiers?
I see they're oddly.. specific. not very round numbers, let's just say.
Was that the result of thorough fine tuning? Did you have any specific goals in mind?

Hopefully me asking isn't too annoying ._.

On 4/9/2023 at 2:08 AM, clavernever said:

(@Grey from Munro's mods discord server speaking here)
Question: What was your criteria for choosing your government modifiers?
I see they're oddly.. specific. not very round numbers, let's just say.
Was that the result of thorough fine tuning? Did you have any specific goals in mind?

Hopefully me asking isn't too annoying ._.

the multipliers are basically 1 + [original number] where original number might be positive or negative. 

My multiplier is 1 + [ original number * downscale factor] which I think was something like .25 

So a .6 gets to .6 by substracting  .4, if we downscale .4 to .25 we get .1, so the new multiplier is .9

So the differences between countries are preserved but the magnitude is severely reduced. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Really loving the mod changes so far, the submarine change in particular is very VERY nice. Quick question, would you happen to know where the devs made changes to the economy to make it slower? I'm mainly asking because I've noticed that the AI just outright doesn't make ships most of the time. They have so much money in the bank but since they have mediocre income they don't want to make any navies. 

This makes most campaigns quite boring because you won't encounter decently sized battles at all. I wish the economy changes made by the devs could be reverted to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Deathbringer221 said:

Really loving the mod changes so far, the submarine change in particular is very VERY nice. Quick question, would you happen to know where the devs made changes to the economy to make it slower? I'm mainly asking because I've noticed that the AI just outright doesn't make ships most of the time. They have so much money in the bank but since they have mediocre income they don't want to make any navies. 

This makes most campaigns quite boring because you won't encounter decently sized battles at all. I wish the economy changes made by the devs could be reverted to be honest. 

I wasn't tracking the game much over the course of april. If it exists it's probably some value in params. 

***It may have been implemented to prevent the AI from bankrupting itself. Which IIRC was an issue with prior versions***

Edited by admiralsnackbar

Hmm I don't know if the problem lies with the new update or the mod, but currently I am unable to "peace out" any of the AI factions in my game. The peace offer button is grayed out, even when the event "they ask for peace" launched it didn't go anywhere. I guess I'm stuck in limbo right now?

The good news is it looks like it was an upload issue, which explains why it was working on my end and not anyone elses. 

Try the new link posted and make sure you have a news message on launch that says it's for 1.3.3

in my experience the campaign load up times were a tad longer but they didn't crash. 

I can work on it more tomorrow if the need arises.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Is there any way you can mess with the battle iniciation logic? I'm so tired of fleets passing through each other or staying on top of one another and fights not starting

only if you sail your TF to the same spot as the enemy is (or is gonna be the same turn you are) will you get a TF vs TF engagement*. All other instances are created through a mission generator, that has set and strict rules for happening. There are min/max ship-/types in the rules though, so many times the TFs will create engagements. 

But yes, I also wish that if you block a port, straight or the dotted line of an enemy TF that an engagement was forced, rules be damned. It seems that the circle around the TF isn't actually being used for what it clrearly is (should be) used for. And I don't think we can do much about it unless devs actually add the parameter. 

*I can replicate this 100/100 times

Edited by MDHansen