Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We will offer the beta within this week, hopefully, without the new hulls but with the improved campaign loading times, the new weather visuals and various other. From then on we will update the beta frequently, until the patch becomes released fully stable.

Thanks for the answer! Looking forward to the beta

Are weather visuals going to finally be indentical to weather conditions as described in weather icon? 

Night battles? I've noticed night visuals in few recent battles although weather icon description indicated it was daytime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

Are weather visuals going to finally be indentical to weather conditions as described in weather icon? 

Night battles? I've noticed night visuals in few recent battles although weather icon description indicated it was daytime.

Yes, night battles, of course, will be possible.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Would also still like to see Flags Communication as the default tech for Naval Communications tech tree.  The fact that the default tech, which I assume is hand signals and sailors yelling at each other, is somehow +95% better than signal flags.  To replace the Flags Communication spot on the tree, something like signal lights can be used which would have a slightly better range than flags and a bonus during bad weather or at night.

• Like 2

Mothballed ships are often un-mothballing themselves (did send a bug report about this)

It's a bit annoying, as I'm kind of sentimental and attached to some of my ships - I like preserving obsolete ships, at least one of each class, mothballed in a designated museum port. Enemy ships gotten from War Reparations too.
It's happened a few times now that my museum ships have commissioned themselves and entered battle.

3 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

Mothballed ships are often un-mothballing themselves (did send a bug report about this)

It's a bit annoying, as I'm kind of sentimental and attached to some of my ships - I like preserving obsolete ships, at least one of each class, mothballed in a designated museum port. Enemy ships gotten from War Reparations too.
It's happened a few times now that my museum ships have commissioned themselves and entered battle.

This happens when you have the "Add Crew" box checked.

2 hours ago, StrikerDanger said:

This happens when you have the "Add Crew" box checked.

But it didn't use to, at least I don't think it did?
Should be able to keep it on to add crew back to ships that have taken damage in combat, and still be able to mothball ships.

7 hours ago, Lastreaumont said:

I have a question to the developpers:
Why, when I win a war, I don't always have what I asked for war reparations but, in the same time, when I loose a war, I can't choose if I give what the winner asked for or money?

Already, if I'm not mistaken, there was an answer: we play for the head of the Admiralty, the Minister of the Navy, etc., but not for the head of state. We can only recommend whether to make peace or fight further, as well as what to take as a prize or give to the winner.

Not a bug, but a feature 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grizli60rus said:

Already, if I'm not mistaken, there was an answer: we play for the head of the Admiralty, the Minister of the Navy, etc., but not for the head of state. We can only recommend whether to make peace or fight further, as well as what to take as a prize or give to the winner.

Oh! I see! This simulates the typical incompetence of politicians ruling the country. Sounds legit. ☺️

• Like 3

On 4/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, Grizli60rus said:

And that's fair enough. But since we, as the Admiralty, Minister of the Navy or what ever, earn prestige, that prestige should be a currency we should be allowed to use in such cases. For instance, if the government want to one thing, but you as a player want do something else, you should be able persuade you government to your views, by sacrificing some of your prestige.

That's good gameplay.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ribba said:

And that's fair enough. But since we, as the Admiralty, Minister of the Navy or what ever, earn prestige, that prestige should be a currency we should be allowed to use in such cases. For instance, if the government want to one thing, but you as a player want do something else, you should be able persuade you government to your views, by sacrificing some of your prestige.

That's good gameplay.  

This sounds pretty good. If we're the most respected naval officer in a nation's history, it would make sense to have a bit more influence over internal politics. I'd personally like to see political party endorsements/condemnations, in order to promote the party that gives you +30% GDP growth, or, you know, tell the Nazis and Commies to go f*** themselves. 

On 4/5/2023 at 5:16 PM, Panzergraf said:

Send them in for a minor refit and then suspend the refit.

5 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

First time had enemy ship surrender to me in combat due to high losses. After combat surrendered ship is listed as sunk and is not in my ship roster. Is that a bug??

I don't know if it's a bug or it's by design. I've also had enemies that had surrendered due to high losses, but I've never gotten a ship.

And if it's by design, it's not that implausible either if we put on our realistic glasses. Those ships are highly damaged, with probably fires raging and maybe flooding. The remaining original crew is most likely abandoning the ship, meaning that nobody are fight those fires or trying to stop the flooding unless you put your own crew onboard that ship. And that would be a huge risk for your crew. If the ship is burning to much, you wouldn't be able to put your crew onboard. So the ship had to burn out to such degree that the ship would nothing more then a burnt out hulk of little value.

And if you crew are put onboard, your fleet is at risk against submarine attacks and so on, while your crew are working to save the ship. Then you have to get the ship back home. It's ok if you're near a friendly port, but quit a problem if you far from such a port. And you would also allocate resources to tow this ship to safety. 

So in most cases, it wouldn't be practical to save ship. 

In WW2, USS Hornet was such an incident. It got heavily damaged, and the US tried to scuttle the ship to avoid it becoming a war trophy, but they had to retreat before they managed to scuttle the aircraft carrier. So it was still afloat when the Japanese arrived, but they sank it rather then trying to save it.

But it would be cool if we, in the game, could get some ships this way. Not all, since that it's probably unlikely that such ships are worth saving. But sometimes, with some RNG, a surrendered ship is saved and kept as a war trophy. Or for instance we get the option if we want to try to save the ship with a text based mini game or something.

Edited by Ribba
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

naval invasions seem to be bugged atm i tried 2 invasion of austria i had enough tonnage both times but they both failed then i tried one in baltic state and that failed as well

It's absolutely historical.