Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

@Nick Thomadis

In short, the bug with the speed of the damaged ship in the formation is still here. But another bug was added to it.

At the beginning of the video you can see how the ship is going at 29.5kn. After the separation of the ship, she goes at a speed of 28.5 kn, this is her maximum speed due to damage. After joining the ship to the leader, she reduces the speed, this is observed at normal/tight distances. If you choose the loose, the ship will go again at an impossible speed of 29.5 kn.

Just now, o Barão said:

This is maybe not a bug, but instead the changes to formations to help ships keep their position in the division.

I do not know what it is, but when a ship with 10% of the structure and two knocked out engines goes at full speed, this is a problem.

In addition, the speed reduction is clearly a bug. I think this is exactly done to maintain the formation, but it doesn't work mow.

16 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

Finally! No more 80%-100% hit chances in early era battles. 

Good job devs!!!

80%-100% hit chances in early era battles?Previously to get this accuracy you have to go into 1km.🤣

Edited by Alnitak

8 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

80%-100% hit chances in early era battles?Previously to get this accuracy you have to go into 1km.🤣

Which is accurate for the 1800s, as they were essentially all aiming with the Mk I Eyeball.

• Like 3

Had a battle (new patch) with a single veteran crewed CA against US fleet consisting of some 20 CAs snd CLs. Before this patch I could with little effort destroy that fleet to the last ship while taking only minor damage. Now, my CA was sunk  managing only to sink 3 enemy ships. 

So, great job, devs! Battles are now much more realistic!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

Had a battle (new patch) with a single veteran crewed CA against US fleet consisting of some 20 CAs snd CLs. Before this patch I could with little effort destroy that fleet to the last ship while taking only minor damage. Now, my CA was sunk  managing only to sink 3 enemy ships. 

So, great job, devs! Battles are now much more realistic!!

AI should be made more like a human instead of bringing both sides down to the same level
ps: Facing the 1930 French battleship with a 20-inch head designed by myself, I fell into contemplation

22 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

Why do you expect a 20km mine to hit? I don't understand.

If a torpedo have 23 km range, I expect the torpedo to sail for 23 km unless there is a mechanic failure. To hit or not is another matter. That is not the point. What matters is when the dud mechanics were implemented, the mechanic failure rate were so high that you could launch a salvo of 15, 20 km range torpedoes and not a single one would reach the destination. That was the issue. Now it seems much better. But I will run more tests.

28 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

But you know fear when the enemy's large fleet torpedoes your attacking fleet at 20km and you have no effective way to fight back.AI can control multiple ships at the same time but you can't.

This is not true for many reasons. In fact, you, the player, have all the advantages against the AI in these situations.

• The moment the torpedoes are spotted, all AI ships in the area will start doing maneuvers to avoid them and guess what? The same will happen with your divisions unless: A ) you disable the avoid torpedoes function or B ) is your main ship. The game wants you to be the admiral and the captain at the same time. I don't agree with this, but it is what it is. Anyway.
  • The player can cheat, the AI can't. You will know for different sources when the AI launched the torpedoes in the water. The AI will never know unless it was spotted by sonar or by visual contact. So this give you a BIG, UNFAIR advantage in the battlefield.
  • The AI will launch torpedoes to the closest target, what this means is that you can bait them to launch them to a place that will not put your capital ships in danger.
  • And if everything else fails, there is always the golden rule. Never sail in a straight line for too long when you know there are enemy ships armed with torpedoes in battle.
    56 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

it is possible that the large-sized torpedo of the high-speed battleship directly hits water leakage in melee combat is the best solution.

Well, if you think that torpedo damage is too high, let's run a simple test to know if it is true or not what you are saying.

YpTWAGK.jpg

16x 24 inch torpedoes hit this BB. Sure, he's going down.

7LnUs1K.jpg

And flash fires!!! Is the end. I know for sure.

hOe9HiI.jpg

9hhBhJK.jpg

And the answer is NO! It didn't sink. 16x 24 inch torpedoes!!! , plus flash fires, is not enough to sink this monster. You can tell by the clock that it is already 20 minutes since it was hit. He is not going down.

For comparison, the Yamato was hit and sunk by 11 small torpedoes. So is impossible for me to agree with you that torpedoes are too effective when you have too many tools to avoid them, some are unfair against the AI and when they hit they still don't look to be effective as they were IRL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, o Barão said:

If a torpedo have 23 km range, I expect the torpedo to sail for 23 km unless there is a mechanic failure. To hit or not is another matter. That is not the point. What matters is when the dud mechanics were implemented, the mechanic failure rate were so high that you could launch a salvo of 15, 20 km range torpedoes and not a single one would reach the destination. That was the issue. Now it seems much better. But I will run more tests.

This is not true for many reasons. In fact, you, the player, have all the advantages against the AI in these situations.

• The moment the torpedoes are spotted, all AI ships in the area will start doing maneuvers to avoid them and guess what? The same will happen with your divisions unless: A ) you disable the avoid torpedoes function or B ) is your main ship. The game wants you to be the admiral and the captain at the same time. I don't agree with this, but it is what it is. Anyway.
  • The player can cheat, the AI can't. You will know for different sources when the AI launched the torpedoes in the water. The AI will never know unless it was spotted by sonar or by visual contact. So this give you a BIG, UNFAIR advantage in the battlefield.
  • The AI will launch torpedoes to the closest target, what this means is that you can bait them to launch them to a place that will not put your capital ships in danger.
  • And if everything else fails, there is always the golden rule. Never sail in a straight line for too long when you know there are enemy ships armed with torpedoes in battle.

Well, if you think that torpedo damage is too high, let's run a simple test to know if it is true or not what you are saying.

YpTWAGK.jpg

16x 24 inch torpedoes hit this BB. Sure, he's going down.

7LnUs1K.jpg

And flash fires!!! Is the end. I know for sure.

hOe9HiI.jpg

9hhBhJK.jpg

And the answer is NO! It didn't sink. 16x 24 inch torpedoes!!! , plus flash fires, is not enough to sink this monster. You can tell by the clock that it is already 20 minutes since it was hit. He is not going down.

For comparison, the Yamato was hit and sunk by 11 small torpedoes. So is impossible for me to agree with you that torpedoes are too effective when you have too many tools to avoid them, some are unfair against the AI and when they hit they still don't look to be effective as they were IRL.

What's the use of not sinking? Your ship has completely lost its combat effectiveness. You will find that the ship has tilted greatly and the main gun has lost its shooting angle, and its power has almost completely lost, just a floating coffin.

ps:My H-Klasse battleship was Martyrdom explosion of ammunition by torpedo hits at least three times today

Edited by Alnitak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

What's the use of not sinking? Your ship has completely lost its combat effectiveness. You will find that the ship has tilted greatly and the main gun has lost its shooting angle, and its power has almost completely lost, just a floating coffin.

You don't get it? A ship hit by 16 x 24 inch torpedoes should be dead period. But no, is afloat. The battle will end, the ship will go back to port for repairs, and the crew for the most part is alive. That is the point. Torpedoes are not powerful enough for what they should do. This is not a discussion, it is a fact.

59 minutes ago, o Barão said:

You don't get it? A ship hit by 16 x 24 inch torpedoes should be dead period. But no, is afloat. The battle will end, the ship will go back to port for repairs, and the crew for the most part is alive. That is the point. Torpedoes are not powerful enough for what they should do. This is not a discussion, it is a fact.

His shipbuilding structure is purely torpedo-proof, can't you see😅In fact, when your battleship tilts significantly, it will lose its combat effectiveness. Generally, 5-7 torpedoes are enough.Also, don't hit the same module area.

5 x 22 inch torpedoes

1.thumb.PNG.737515b6f5c7c1bccc53ce310d82e273.PNG

Edited by Alnitak

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Neither of these two are a thing.

For the first, the enemy AI has always been far better at avoiding torpedoes than friendly AI, often making absolutely absurd turns to be able to do so- Players have always had to launch at far closer ranges to ensure torpedo hits than the enemy AI has. The AI is able to maneuver its ships as though each is operated by an individual perfectly attentive player.

For the second, there's only ever a very brief warning that a tropedo has been launched- there's no constant notification of a torpedo path after the fact. The AI, however, is able to react to torpedoes as though they have neon signs, while the player may be occupied with other matters of battle.

Edited by StoneofTriumph
  • Like 1

Gunnery still needs a bit of work imo. 
1948 convoy raid here, 2 German CL's vs a British CA and DD.
CA is aiming for the 2nd CL in formation, Regensburg, but hasn't hit her yet though.
JEGpIBx.png
Much to the bemusement of Sperber, the formation's leader, who has been hit by 22 7in. shells from the Brits and counting.
This is the most accurate British cruiser I've encountered over the past decade, and the only reason for it is because it is hitting a target it's not even aiming for. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

Gunnery still needs a bit of work imo. 
1948 convoy raid here, 2 German CL's vs a British CA and DD.
CA is aiming for the 2nd CL in formation, Regensburg, but hasn't hit her yet though.
JEGpIBx.png
Much to the bemusement of Sperber, the formation's leader, who has been hit by 22 7in. shells from the Brits and counting.
This is the most accurate British cruiser I've encountered over the past decade, and the only reason for it is because it is hitting a target it's not even aiming for. 

If you line up with the target, not try to increase the distance, the targeting should aligh in a few salvo shots.

The targeting should work, in general, more realistically, as we should not expect ships to find targets without trying to stabilize their ship course.

56 minutes ago, StoneofTriumph said:

Players have always had to launch at far closer ranges to ensure torpedo hits than the enemy AI has.

Ok, it seems there are still inexperienced players here, that are not aware how this game works and how unfair it is against the AI when the subject is about torpedoes. Very well, a simple guide how to exploit the game mechanics in battle vs AI armed with torpedoes.

aAkMfQx.jpg

1) When you click on an enemy ship, you will know if the ship have torpedoes or not, and more important the range on those torpedoes. To have the target identified is irrelevant. To disable the gun's range option is also irrelevant. This BS info is always available for the player.

UqhWOAy.jpg

2) After the target is identified, the player will know exactly how many torpedoes (ammo in general) the AI ship have to use. BS info available for the player.

3) After the target is identified, the player will know exactly when the torpedoes are launched by looking at guns panel info. Another BS info available for the player.

4) The player can also use the ears to know when the torpedoes are launched if you are near the enemy. This is useful against non identified targets. How is supposed for us to ear when a torpedo is launched from a ship miles/km away? More BS info available for the player.

Pj279Tv.jpg

5)  Look at info available for the player in the log report. Not only tells you that torpedoes are in the water, but is also telling you that the enemy don't have more reloads to use. To make things worse, in this example, the info is about a non identified target. Big BS info that completely ruins any chance of a successful torpedo strike.

6) The AI is so dumb, that will always launch torpedos against the nearest target. A smart player will use this to bait AI to launch all torpedos to an area far away from the capital ships.

7) If everything I told you so far fails in battle for whatever reason. There is always the golden rule. Don't sail in a straight line for too long if you are aware that can be enemy torpedoes in the water.

Now, if this is not enough for you to understand how unfair it is for the AI to fight a smart player, I have no idea what more the game can do for you. You have all the cards in your hand.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I just got a wonderful choice to make: Either go to war with italy or pay literally ALL of my money.

image.png.123433f6b6bdb235c2d82b20809f13dd.png

Who's bright idea was it to make an event that takes 100% of your funds?

well it's 100% of your  income not your balance. It buys you time but it's not a way of keeping you out of war forever. 

9 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

You mean allowing the captains to get into jousting range isn’t how I should play? captains to get into jousting range isn’t how I should play?

To be precise, year 1890 100% should enter 0.3km, but the torpedo range is 1km. You have to think about whether to enter this field

Thank you Fireworks are really nice to see.

First of all, I want to declare that this is a MK4 18-inch gun not MK3

1.thumb.jpg.00b4fcc48c7648f951556538d097ad58.jpg

I hope that the large-caliber main gun will have the same effect as attacking the cruiser. The 18-inch shell only penetrates 700 damage, how long will it take to fight.

10km in 20 minutes, none of them were sunk

1.thumb.PNG.a0a20934a0bcf343b9c9b3619c058568.PNGI don't understand how their armor bounces off or resists 18" shells1.thumb.jpg.5fb1d034357bad9c8dd9daf6ce0c08ce.jpg

Edited by Alnitak

40 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

Thank you Fireworks are really nice to see.

First of all, I want to declare that this is MK4 18-inch gun not MK3.

1.thumb.jpg.00b4fcc48c7648f951556538d097ad58.jpg

I hope that the large-caliber main gun will have the same effect as attacking the cruiser. The 18-inch shell only penetrates 700 damage, how long will it take to fight.

10km in 20 minutes, none of them were sunk

1.thumb.PNG.a0a20934a0bcf343b9c9b3619c058568.PNGI don't understand how their armor bounces off or resists 18" shells1.thumb.jpg.5fb1d034357bad9c8dd9daf6ce0c08ce.jpg

I hope it will be optimized soon

Edited by Alnitak