Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

3 minutes ago, Lima said:

+ 7 years in the campaign

I was 11 years in, and it was running fine untill it entered into a endless loading. New campaign would not even let me return to the worldmap after designing, frustrating but still, It's a beta, I'm ok with it given that fact.

4 hours ago, o Barão said:

A few other things.

rgwftxM.jpg

Angle! to all main guns in the middle. Strange warning since all are working fine without any issues.

2UEIdfO.jpg

This is too much. Maybe is possible to limit the main guns numbers in the campaign? IDK. Anyway, beautiful ship, but 100% OP.

About the new shell ballistic flight pattern

Around 98%-96% of the time, if the shell is going to miss, is going to fall short. If was something around 60%-40% would be much better. Would be exciting to see shells flying above the ship.

Another thing. There is a little trend to see the shells aiming at a ship forward section. Would be best to see a random factor. Maybe is not possible.

The new steampunk in the neighbor.

Zp6m8mO.jpg

If you want to get 100% EE with the optimal speed in this hull, you will need funnels, a lot of them.

Torpedo cruiser hull

I have to wonder if the shells are [trying to] targeting the section of ship below the hull. 

6 hours ago, o Barão said:

I noticed this yesterday, and today happened the same thing. I don't know if this will happen with other hulls with mixed side / center line main guns.

IMPORTANT: This doesn't happen all the time.

7U0mEX2.jpg

Note the x10 accuracy values difference between the side main gun in comparison with the main guns in the middle. Not only that, one main gun is using HE the other two AP.

uisIV6v.jpg

Same thing. Almost a x10 time difference in accuracy performance.

1WzRuiy.jpg

And again today with the latest hotfix. I reported this in game.

🤣

Edited by Alnitak

Now the game has hung up on the 4th year. The world simply could not withstand the might of the Italian army.

w1231.jpg

When countries are in an alliance (and AI does this all the time), the distribution of the army suffers very much.

And yes, the army never attacked the southern territories of Austria-Hungary.

Edited by Lima

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*Quickfix Update 8*
- Major offensive mechanics rebalance so that the attackers have more chances to advance.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

Please keep reporting, we will offer more fixes tomorrow.

Problems still exist.Please fix it.

screenshot.jpg

Chinese campaign 1890 report

B9exE75.jpg

Impossible to click on the Tianjin port.

lM928aV.jpg

I can place a main turret in this place, but the lifeboats will stay there.

u1bGVxk.jpg

The exact same thing happens with the CA version. Coastal defense ship hull

5cN5fue.jpg

Hong Kong is missing from the list

AzKdclD.jpg

AI CL launched a torpedo against me in the wrong direction. Similar to the 180 degree torpedo bug. This time was a 90 degree error.

49 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

That means the game crashed.There is something wrong with the save.Do you use the previous archive before hotfix5 or have Modified save.

I tried 2 different campaigns, 1 saved before hotfix5 but not attempted to load in hotfix5 and 1 saved before hotfix5 and attempted to load in hotfix5, both didn't work

56 minutes ago, Nickthenuker said:

I tried 2 different campaigns, 1 saved before hotfix5 but not attempted to load in hotfix5 and 1 saved before hotfix5 and attempted to load in hotfix5, both didn't work

Hotfix5 added new things when you loading the save if the game can't Identify all things it should have in the save,it will crashed and stop moving.Please start a new campaige.

Japan 1890 Campaign update.

$NaN Bug still exists, first time I have ever seen it myself.  Unfortunately, this means that my glorious Japanese Campaign is over in January 1904.  Through Naval invasions, I now control the Caroline Islands, the Philippines, Kwang-Chou-Wan, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.  Through war compensation, I also gained Hong Kong, Weihaiwei and South Sakhalin.  My fleet was also in route to lay siege to Dutch Harbor.  Effectively, I controlled the Western Pacific nearly in total.  RIP save.

In game bug report was sent.

So far i've had no gamebreaking bugs. Ships are still drunk when i right click to turn, but if i instead use the manual rudder i can control them more finely so it's less of an issue. It would be great to have the turns not overshoot as it has been mentioned so far.

I'm about 8 years into a japanese campaign and the main issue i'm finding is that the turns are starting to take quite a lot of time (despite the UK and France being collapsed), and since i can't even alt-tab out of the game it gets quite annoying. It would be great if the computation could still happen with the game alt-tabbed (from fullscreen) or if we could get a borderless window mode, but this is secondary to the time itself.

Another suggestion: whenever we try to build or refit a ship (or accept a commission to do so), we should be told if we're about to go over capacity and asked to confirm if we're ok with it, because it's easy to forget how much capacity is free at a given moment and it takes a single misclick to add too much tonnage.
Related to this, if i suspend refits they don't get deduced from the current amount of tonnage being used by my shipyards, unlike when i'm building a brand new ship and suspend its construction.

• Like 2

Chinese campaign 1890 report (part II)

The enemy Task Force.

H2T2pVn.jpg

1 TB is enough to be considered a TF now?

But now comes another interesting thing about UAD mechanics.

zCgz13c.jpg

The enemy TB top speed is 28.7 knots. My TB top speed is 30 Knots. So surely I can withdraw from this battle, right?

r6QeBmv.jpg

Nope. This is wrong. The fleet speed in the campaign should be limited to the slowest ship in the "TF".  In this case, there is no EXCUSE for me not be allowed to disengage from battle.

q9WkK4j.jpg

My TB sailing at 30 knots. Waste of time for no good reason.

Serbia is king.

uptflI3.jpg

Ok this is interesting, but...

JKfyNtl.jpg

In the same turn, they also defeated the Ottoman Empire. So Serbia defeated two major powers in one turn? Ok. I am not saying is impossible, but is interesting at the same time.

The ambush

HvRgqaa.jpg

"Should we attack them?"

No, we should invite them for dinner. Silly question.

Battle issues

AAKy53Q.jpg

Shell Magnet issue is terrible. This needs to be fixed.

Here my TB was hit 4 times in a matter of seconds by my own ships. If this was not enough, the score damage is telling me that the enemy did more damage than me. So friendly fire is counted as enemy damage in the scoreboard. Frustrating situation that is very common in early years.

gFoYOYT.jpg

Another situation where the AI send the torpedoes to the wrong side. It was also sailing at 5 knots at this point for no good reason. I suspect this torpedo issue is related to my ships doing tight turns at full speed near them. Anyway, I reported this in game.

fmMnZ1o.jpg

A typical straight line division movement in UAD. How I miss the old days.

New hull construction.

4v8WU7l.jpg

Is missing a placement in this location for the secondary gun in this hull.

• Like 2

Oh boy, here we go again

qqkN033.jpg

t3lWATZ.jpg

5wRFs13.jpg

You know what? These so-called "minor allies" are just parasites. In one of the companies I saw Japan with a good dozen of such "allies". The entire Japanese fleet consisted of one cruiser and five torpedo boats. Obviously, the Japanese shipyards were too busy building dozens of battleships for these "minor allies".

• Like 5