Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Animation issue.

This is in game since we have the option to go on reverse. Nothing serious.

CAm7fMM.jpg

I am sailing in reverse, but the waves created by the propellers or the waves splash in the bow suggests I am sailing forward. Only the smoke coming from the funnels are in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lima said:

War is hell (how to get generals to stop sending soldiers to certain death)

Stats. I think the more logistics, the better, right?

R1.jpg

Slaughter in the colonies

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

50 times more soldiers were needed for "success"

R5.jpg

These are quite adequate losses. Even too small for Germany. I can believe that, but not what is happening in the colonies.

R6.jpg

Edit: Britan

Y1.jpg

y2.jpg

Y3.jpg

For some reason, Britain is doing better (although still poorly). Why? Their army is worse and smaller, their fleet is not nearby.

I do you one better. Ha d a 21k army vs. a 4k army land offensive going. My army was crap, as it lost the same amount of soldiers each turn as the defenders even though they outnumbered them 5 to 1, but managed to progress to 25%. Checking in on the next turn, 20.900 of my soldiers just vanished and I was left with an army of 100 men. Went to the ship designer, came back and checked again, now I only have 95 soldiers...

So yeah, land battles are still pretty broken.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

Hull pitch issue (report)

Battleship V - Russia

XCAgejJ.jpg

• All main guns in the stern
  • The belt citadel is also mainly situated in the stern

With all that weight in the stern, I have a fore weight offset small issues. Very well, let's increase the main belt thickness to increase the weight and balance the ship, right?

bcLv3Zy.jpg

• I increase the main belt thickness from 10 inches to 25 inches.
  • The main belt weight went from 449 tons to 2611 tons.

Result? The weight offset increased from 17% to 22.6%. This make any sense?

Let's revert and try a different approach.

YCZiNhD.jpg

• Revert the main belt thickness to the original 10 inches.
  • Move all the main guns further back.
  • There is a small increase in weight because the main belt cover a bigger area.

Result? Now there is a decrease in the fore weight offset from 17% to 11.5%.

Make sense?

Let's continue.

I removed one funnel and made sure that CoG is behind the middle.

04rK7Dp.jpg

So if I increase the main belt thickness now, sure I will lower the fore weight offset, right?

JWqixEu.jpg

Wrong answer.

The fore weight increased, but the pitch values decreased.

This make sense to anyone?

ShqsvNX.jpg

I made maybe a junkier one!

• Like 2

You know, Russia has something much worse than this hull. Let me introduce: one gun that weighs like 4 guns.

Soviet

IU2.jpg

Italian

IU3.jpg

All modules are the same, there is no turret armor. I discovered this when I was trying to make historical 130mm guns. This problem is especially noticeable on 4-inch and 5-inch guns mk 4/5, but it is also present on mk3.

• Like 3

A few other things.

rgwftxM.jpg

Angle! to all main guns in the middle. Strange warning since all are working fine without any issues.

2UEIdfO.jpg

This is too much. Maybe is possible to limit the main guns numbers in the campaign? IDK. Anyway, beautiful ship, but 100% OP.

About the new shell ballistic flight pattern

Around 98%-96% of the time, if the shell is going to miss, is going to fall short. If was something around 60%-40% would be much better. Would be exciting to see shells flying above the ship.

Another thing. There is a little trend to see the shells aiming at a ship forward section. Would be best to see a random factor. Maybe is not possible.

The new steampunk in the neighbor.

Zp6m8mO.jpg

If you want to get 100% EE with the optimal speed in this hull, you will need funnels, a lot of them.

Torpedo cruiser hull

• Like 3

Maybe it's good thing defenders have some bonuses. It is easier to defend. Maybe it's the balance issue or the way battles are represented.

Anyone ever seen AI scrapping old ships? I won't ask for refit...

Edited by Zuikaku

1 hour ago, ZorinW said:

I do you one better. Ha d a 21k army vs. a 4k army land offensive going. My army was crap, as it lost the same amount of soldiers each turn as the defenders even though they outnumbered them 5 to 1, but managed to progress to 25%. Checking in on the next turn, 20.900 of my soldiers just vanished and I was left with an army of 100 men. Went to the ship designer, came back and checked again, now I only have 95 soldiers...

So yeah, land battles are still pretty broken.

The thin red line. God save the Queen!

Testing the war on land, I looked at the size of the population, and it turned out to be a rabbit hole. I don't remember the exact numbers for each year, but I can tell roughly.

Italy 1920

It.jpg

There's no way this can be true. It was less than 40 million in 1920 (now about 60).

France 1920.

Fr.jpg

The same situation. As I think, the error is about 20 million. As if there was no Great War.

Britan 1920.

Br.jpg

Whether Ireland counts or not I do not know, but it is still much more than in reality.

SPain 1920

Sp.jpg

The error is about 7 million.

Japan 1920

Jap.jpg

I'm not too strong here, but wikipedia says that the population is larger than it should be.

China 1920 - I won't even try to count it.

Austria-Hungary 1920 - maybe later.

The US 1920 - very similar to the truth.

S.jpg

Germany 1920 - similar to the US.

Ger.jpg

Soviet Russia 1920.

SR.jpg

This thing is just a pain to count. But I was interested in it because it seems to me that it is the only country in which there is less population than in reality. There is no exact data for this time, but all the major calculations that I have seen converge at about 90 million (at least).

I will also say once again that the population of Ukraine and Crimea has changed places.

• Like 1

Well, let's count the population of Austria-Hungary.

1. Croatia - more than IRL
  2. Slovenia - what the hell, the difference is 3 times and even more than in 2022.
  3. Bosnia and Herzegovina - more than IRL.
  4. Austria - X2, more than in 2022
  5. Hungary - X2, more than in 2022.

Well, I still tried to find relatively reliable estimates for China, but it's really impossible.

If the population of all countries is larger than IRL, it is also worth taking the population of Soviet Russia along the upper possible border (about 110 millions).

Edited by Lima
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lima said:

You know, Russia has something much worse than this hull. Let me introduce: one gun that weighs like 4 guns.

Soviet

IU2.jpg

Italian

IU3.jpg

All modules are the same, there is no turret armor. I discovered this when I was trying to make historical 130mm guns. This problem is especially noticeable on 4-inch and 5-inch guns mk 4/5, but it is also present on mk3.

There are lots of different gun types and it's not surprising that the devs have lost track of them trying to add new features.  Notice that the default gun "caliber" ratings are different between those 2 turrets as well.  

My preference would be to have turreted, shielded, and unshielded guns be 3 separate gun types with corresponding weights. Each has a default Caliber (35 or 40) with options for 25,30,35,45,50, and maybe 55

• Like 3

So about hostile fleets not being able to move through canals/straits you own.
That's Not Actually the Case, it Would Seem.
wxPwPK1.png
These boys just forced the Kiel Canal in the face of 4 modern dreadnaughts, with 4 battlecruisers in nearby ports. 

Did the canal operators just sit back and watch? Where the hell was the Reichswehr? Did they not bother to station artillery to defend the canal in case of this exact scenario?

Edited by SodaBit
  • Like 2

I must still not be understanding something about Naval Invasions.

Playing as Japan at war with France.  Using the Politics tab, I ordered a Naval Invasion of the Kwang-Chou-Wan area in Southeast Asia waters.  I have 151k tons of warships in Hong Kong which belong to the Southeast Asia region.  However, for 4 months, the Naval Invasion mission is just sitting there with no indication of how to actually kick it off or if it actually did kick off.

Do I need to sail out to open water and not just be in a port?
Do I need to sail close enough to the French port that my sailors can hurl insults at them?

3 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

I must still not be understanding something about Naval Invasions.

Playing as Japan at war with France.  Using the Politics tab, I ordered a Naval Invasion of the Kwang-Chou-Wan area in Southeast Asia waters.  I have 151k tons of warships in Hong Kong which belong to the Southeast Asia region.  However, for 4 months, the Naval Invasion mission is just sitting there with no indication of how to actually kick it off or if it actually did kick off.

Do I need to sail out to open water and not just be in a port?
Do I need to sail close enough to the French port that my sailors can hurl insults at them?

I think the answer is yes, that's how i managed it. I think being in the same sea zone [but not in port] is *close enough* but getting in command radius is how i did it. 

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I think the answer is yes, that's how i managed it. I think being in the same sea zone [but not in port] is *close enough* but getting in command radius is how i did it. 

By command radius, I assume you mean that green "circle of control" shown around your fleet when you select it?  I will give that a shot then.  Thanks!

UPDATE:  Yup, that was it.

Edited by Suribachi

In general, the balance of losses seems to me quite good, perhaps even too good for the attackers (there is a very fine line here). However, I made these conclusions based on only a few adequate battles, because a new problem  has appeared.

Now there is a constant transfer of troops between the fronts, while most of the army is in reserve, and important fronts are not covered. What do I mean by important fronts?

These are the German offensives in Ukraine and the Baltic States. Out of the total million soldiers, the Soviets allocated a couple of thousand.

q5.jpg

q6.jpg

Meanwhile

q7.jpg

Edited by Lima

3 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

anyone else who had a freeze while leaving the ship constructure in campaign i manage to do shoping and it did not return to the world map

Yes. Same issue with endless loading. Campaign issue, after custom/shared design it returns to respective menues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lima said:

Soviet

IU2.jpg

Italian

IU3.jpg

Yuo see Ivan, when you make guns of glorious Stalinium, it weighs many times more than filthy Capitalist gun. 

• Like 2