Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Я просто попытался начать новые кампании с собственными проектами, и когда я снова войду на верфь и выйду из itt (независимо от того, проектирую ли я на самом деле какие-либо корабли) Я получаю бесконечный экран загрузки при загрузке мира, когда....Сражения.... показаны в правом нижнем углу.

Yes, there is such a thing. Again, I spent about an hour designing new ships and as a result, I was stuck. Against the background of this hang-up, the exit button to the main menu does not work.

@Nick Thomadis  When, finally, will it be possible to save ship designs from the campaign screen, so as not to waste nerves and time every time?

Okay, after trying on a couple of custom battles, I can finally see what the wobbling is. Apparently they tried to implement a somehow realistic delay on rudder responses after issuing orders. Which is accurate and is okay. What is not okay is the absolute nonsensical amount of corrections ships require to get the desired direction. That part needs to be drastically reduced or outright reduced.

Manual rudder is not working at all.

Sometimes ships refuse to move at all upon battle start.

Software hanging up upon leaving designer in campaign bug is back. Killed my attemp to start a test campaign.

Also, Ship strategic speed (aka taskforces on minimap) need to be dramatically increased. As I suppose that reducing how long turns are will be much more work.

Edit: I can confirm that the software freezes once again upon leaving the designer, de facto making the campaign unplayable. It's that hard to fix that for good?

Edited by The PC Collector
  • Like 12

The new Beta update 5 , stuck at doing next turn , try different year , still stuck .

Verify file and try again , still stuck . Change AI pattern , still same . 

Switch back to Live version , worked fine . 

Switch back to beta , same issue . 

I do remove my original save file and create  a new one .

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Fixed remaining large issues with targeting reset. Please check if all is fine now.

Nothing has changed.  I can still replicate the gun behaviour i, and others had reported previously.

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Further improvements in ship movements and formation mechanics.

Again, nothing here. Ship still massively oversteers after a turn order. I'm nut sure what are we trying to achive here. Having a *little* oscillation after turning is okay, but this is what we have is not. It feels like even just for a small 10-20° turn, ships slam their rudder to maximum turning, and only starts to set their rudder to natural after they passed the desired route. And how they try to correct it? By turning back, again, with maximum rudder set to the other direction. Is this what's happening? I'm asking because we can't see, only watch from abow, and this is what seems to be happening.

I'm not trying to say we sould have similar behaviour as in wows, but i'm pretty sure everyone here plays it, so i have something to compare to. Let's say you try to turn to 90° port, by using maximum rudder input. You will have your rudders turned to maximum when you reach...the first 30° maybe. You still keep your rudder to the maximum when you are reaching 60-70°, after that you "release" it, so the rudder start going back to natural. It takes time, so the ship is still turning. Let's say you started turning back at the 70° mark, because we were dodging torpedoes....We know it needs as much time to reach 100% rudder as turning 30°, so we are gonna end up at 100°, 10° more what we desired. The ship starts to correct it, and smoothens it out, but definietly not using 100% rudder input!!! It shouldn't even have time for that, only small light corrections. This is what I do in real life driving a boat. Of course a small boat's rudder is even more sensitive, so i need to correct later than warships need.

Neph made pretty good post about how it should look like, i can't attach math to it :_D 

• Like 1

While the inevitable initial attack of Austria-Hungary against Serbia doesn't produce quite so insane number of losses anymore, something is still clearly wrong, since the losses are still higher than the size of the army.

After 5 months I lost 168,022 out of 163,123 soldiers, with the Serbians losing 51,418.

I also submitted this ingame.

To: Landstreitkräfte von Österreich-Ungarn

The last map of our glorious empire. Please don't go where it says "There's nothing there."

Map-of-Austro-Hungarian-Empire.jpg

I apologize to all the Serbs and Montenegrins here.

• Like 2

Thankfully it appears that it's only the first attack on Serbia that's bugged. After that you have a small chance to take it and Montenegro usually falls to Austria quite easily.

Speaking of this map: I think Romania should be split into two provinces, so that Transylvania can be conquered seperately from the rest of Romania.

Naturally the new province should be part of Austria-Hungary in the pre-1920 game starts.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

Hull pitch issue (report)

Battleship V - Russia

XCAgejJ.jpg

• All main guns in the stern
  • The belt citadel is also mainly situated in the stern

With all that weight in the stern, I have a fore weight offset small issues. Very well, let's increase the main belt thickness to increase the weight and balance the ship, right?

bcLv3Zy.jpg

• I increase the main belt thickness from 10 inches to 25 inches.
  • The main belt weight went from 449 tons to 2611 tons.

Result? The weight offset increased from 17% to 22.6%. This make any sense?

Let's revert and try a different approach.

YCZiNhD.jpg

• Revert the main belt thickness to the original 10 inches.
  • Move all the main guns further back.
  • There is a small increase in weight because the main belt cover a bigger area.

Result? Now there is a decrease in the fore weight offset from 17% to 11.5%.

Make sense?

Let's continue.

I removed one funnel and made sure that CoG is behind the middle.

04rK7Dp.jpg

So if I increase the main belt thickness now, sure I will lower the fore weight offset, right?

JWqixEu.jpg

Wrong answer.

The fore weight increased, but the pitch values decreased.

This make sense to anyone?

ShqsvNX.jpg

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 10

War is hell (how to get generals to stop sending soldiers to certain death)

Stats. I think the more logistics, the better, right?

R1.jpg

Slaughter in the colonies

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

50 times more soldiers were needed for "success"

R5.jpg

These are quite adequate losses. Even too small for Germany. I can believe that, but not what is happening in the colonies.

R6.jpg

Edit: Britan

Y1.jpg

y2.jpg

Y3.jpg

For some reason, Britain is doing better (although still poorly). Why? Their army is worse and smaller, their fleet is not nearby.

Edit2

P2.jpg

I think the very first iteration of the ground war was the best, although there were certain problems (the war did not stop after the peace).

Edited by Lima
  • Like 1

So I finally have my first sea-battle since with the new version and... the issue with ships over-turning has become even worse.

I ordered my ships to make a slight alteration to their course of maybe 5° and they made about a 40° turn instead and then started the back and force snake-driving. 😕

Edit: Now a couple of turns later I can see that it isn't quite that bad on every single manouver, but I have yet to see a turn that doesn't go at least 10° further than it should initially.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Improved further the targeting code, and now all should work much better.  

I noticed this yesterday, and today happened the same thing. I don't know if this will happen with other hulls with mixed side / center line main guns.

IMPORTANT: This doesn't happen all the time.

7U0mEX2.jpg

Note the x10 accuracy values difference between the side main gun in comparison with the main guns in the middle. Not only that, one main gun is using HE the other two AP.

uisIV6v.jpg

Same thing. Almost a x10 time difference in accuracy performance.

1WzRuiy.jpg

And again today with the latest hotfix. I reported this in game.