RGw1dii.png

AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Designs

1.PNG

2 minutes ago, Alnitak said:

AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Designs

1.PNG

thank you very much

perhaps it might be a good idea to locate it to

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\My Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts..

thats a rather weird location overall to put saved designs that you will be accessing alot if you play with friends and further down the line adding ships to a campaign.. its like almost what you have to do for Minecraft Mods.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Nope can't fight this way it's bullshit. Nothing has been improved for battle maneuver. And now, i n the middle of a fight, I cannot change speed even at pause.

edit - confirmed, can't change speed during battles.

I had that too once today. But it worked again after 1 minute or so and me hitting every modifier key (alt, shift, ect) on my keyboard. No idea if it was a case of the input of a key locking up or the time that passed.

• Like 1

Little update: A few years later my Austria-Hungary attacked Serbia again and this time the losses look normal... but the invasion still doesn't work right.

We both started out with armies of roundabout 100k soldiers. My army conistently caused them twice the losses it took and yet the advance ticket stayed at 0 %. In the end they fended me off with 20k of mine and 40k of their soldiers "dead", except that neither Serbia nor my province got any soldiers deducted still had the same number of soldiers as before the invasion.

6 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Having enough experience with it now, I wonder if building ships for minors that have the same names as the ships I have in port creates a conflict?

I think we might need ship names for minors as well. And that would be a huge undertaking I'm thinking.

How about for minors to just have ships named "Ex XY" or "XY class"?

19 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

Endless turn after clicking "Next Turn" came back. What is interesting, it was fine at the beginning of the campaign, but it started five years later. Who else?

Might have something to do with the complexity of ship building.  My campaign usually gets stuck on Building New Ships.  Though this might be more attributed to my old CPU, i7-4790k, just not being able to keep up anymore.

• Like 1

So far I'm very happy with the campign, great job! :) I know we have been reporting that the ships behave like drunken sailors,because it not used to be in game, but to be honest, if you tune back on the aim debuff from this kind of manuvering (sometimes -50%), it would be fine staying in the game. I have a skipper's license for "small" boats, (so I'm not qualifield to give opinion about warships, but) when you want to sail on a route, it's not just that simple. Your ship doesnt have a power steering like your car, nor surface friction to keep your ship in line initially. You are going to oversteer a little, especially if you don't even have a visual reference, like in the game, so you have to correct, giving you the zig zag pattern you see ... That is just my opinion, and i'm probably wrong, since i can also argue that i don't see oil tankers and such big ships behaving like that. It can be influenced by the crew's training level. a Green crew having a harder time executing the orders perfectly, while a veteran+ crew can steer the ship to where it needs to go at the first time we give the order. 

Other opinion: the game soon needs a big UI change probably, as we are gettig more and more features. What i specifiacally mean this time, as I'm reading the forum, lot of us having problem with nations ordering  too much ships. Right now, it's a one time pop up almost every new turn. It would be much clearer, if we would have a list of the nation we are allied with / trading with, and there would be the list of ships they are queuing up for us, giving us more information about how much time we have to complete it, what profit it gives, maybe if it improves relationships. Of course here we should see what happens if we don't complete the orders, does it worsen our relationship, and how much. 

It would also be nice (suggested by others) if we can not only see our ships listed, but our Task forces as well. Maybe have a button, which would locate them on the map. Having information about avarage fuel level and ammo level, damage suffered. The option to change the orders from one place (sea control / invade / protect) Right now we have to search them on map and check individually which is very tireing in my opinion.

I belive it's time the trading mechanic between nations gets more attention as well, we are getting there to need an UI change. One slider is not enough. The game says we get better trading with allied nations, but it doesn't feel like right now it changes anything, or gives more GDP. I don't even know where my merchant ships are going, the only pop up i get is when they get sunk in a sea region, that's the only way for me to know if they are even there, and needs protection. I want to protect them before this happens. I don't know how it would look like, but it would be nice seeing trade routes on the map as well. What route they take, how much ship are on the route. I want to assign my ships to the route to protect them, but i don't know how many i should send. Logically, it needs a lot of dd /cruiser. The longer the route / more ships on it, the more ships i need to assist them. That's where changing how the subs behave would have a huge impact, since they were used against merchant ships, not warships (mostly). There should be some kind of estimated danger level, what's the probability my merchants will be sunk. If i have a route with idk....30 merchants between England and allied America this time, and i have only 4 ship protecting them, and also next turn, the enemy I'm at war with just about to cross my trade route with it's doomstack task force, i need to know/see if i have to act. Some kind of indicator (which is not a next turn pop up) saying me, flashing red on the map, that in 2 turns, if i don't  change anything, or send anything, there is going to be a high probability of losing a lot of merchant ships from that specific route, since my 4 ship is not enough to match what is coming. 

Thiese routes also can be dinamic of course / born new ones if i have a new alliance, or gets cancelled if i am not in a good relationship with someone. Of course this is true the other way around. Seeing the enemies trade routes, so i can plan missions / task forces to strike there and hurt their economy. You know where I'm getting with this. 

I'm not good with this kind of ideas, you guys had much better explanation how it can look like. I don't know coding, I don't know what's possible.

The game is growing so much, it feels like I'm looking at a child becoming an adult with every patch and bug fixes. We are proud of it, even when we are critisising the bugs. We just want to make it better :_D 

Edited by PainKiller
typo

1 hour ago, Suribachi said:

Might have something to do with the complexity of ship building.  My campaign usually gets stuck on Building New Ships.  Though this might be more attributed to my old CPU, i7-4790k, just not being able to keep up anymore.

Not this time, now it's stuck on "Missions". 

sVmjK8u.jpg

My ships seem to be stuck too and can't move when i restarting the "main menu-company" cycle.

1 hour ago, TAKTCOM said:

Not this time, now it's stuck on "Missions". 

sVmjK8u.jpg

My ships seem to be stuck too and can't move when i restarting the "main menu-company" cycle.

I've been having problems with 'Update Missions' too. Usually it sorts it self out if I wait 5+ minutes, but that's a long wait.

• Like 1

4 things:

1- Ships are still drunk and wobble when turning, plus the manual rudder often doesn't work correctly or is even inverted.

2- There is something weird with secondaries. I had 8" secondaries on a BB and was shooting a CA about 6 km away. Despite it having the same armament as my secondaries it was getting about 7-8% accuracy (fair for mk2 guns) while i was struggling to get more than 2%. 
I'm almost sure this wasn't the case before, was something tweaked in regards to secondary accuracy? Same thing with casemates, they seem weirdly inaccurate compared to previous patches. I'm not complaining too much as secondaries should be bound to have worse accuracy than main guns, but still the stats don't seem to reflect this and we can't see the detailed accuracy calculation for secondary guns so we can't know if it's an issue or intended.

3- I think there are still issues with mixing certain gun calibers, i had an 8" CA with 5" and 2" secondaries and while the secondaries were firing the main battery was firing only erratically. Setting either or both to aggressive or safe fire didn't change anything, but the main guns started firing much better once i disabled the secondaries. With 4" secondaries (after a refit) i haven't seen the same issue however.

4- this is more of a suggestion: i noticed that if 8" guns (or similar) are firing, they fire in sequence and then wait for all guns to be reloaded before firing. In theory it's fine, but the delay between guns firing is often several seconds, which means that your effective fire rate is abysmal compared to actual reload time. 
Just to give an example, if i have 4 turrets with a reload of 20s and the delay is 3 seconds (i've seen longer), an entire cycle takes 29s. And things get worse if you happen to have more turrets. Shouldn't all turrets behave like BB turrets where they fire together or with very small delays? Or at worst shouldn't they just fire as soon as they're reloaded? 

• Like 2

watching and behaving the "death wobbles"

Manuel control is completely inverted, and it seems to only happen on certain axis, no idea which ones due to them changing each time.

it seems that the controls get inverted so the AI doesn't know what to do? no idea, just an observation that manuel control is inverted when it happens

Damn submarines. I. Hate. Submarines. 

My TF (2BB 2CA 4CL 12DD) has moved to support the naval invasion. They were attacked by a group of 4 submarines. Auto-resolve showed 2 submarines sunk and no damage to my ships, while the enemy received 200 vp (???). This went on for 2 turns, my ships did not receive damage, the enemy's submarines sank,  but the enemy received points. Next, I found one of my battleships in port with grave damage.

Yes, there were mines near the port, they were installed by 2 submarines. I have 12 minesweepers, that's enough and I haven't received any mine damage notifications.

• Like 1

The war on land is absolutely broken. So far I have not seen a single successful offensive.

12909.jpg

It may be in this variant, it may be in the variant when 1 million cannot break through the defense of 10 thousand, but in any case it is always 0% advance.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Aurora said:

4 things:

1- Ships are still drunk and wobble when turning, plus the manual rudder often doesn't work correctly or is even inverted.

2- There is something weird with secondaries. I had 8" secondaries on a BB and was shooting a CA about 6 km away. Despite it having the same armament as my secondaries it was getting about 7-8% accuracy (fair for mk2 guns) while i was struggling to get more than 2%. 
I'm almost sure this wasn't the case before, was something tweaked in regards to secondary accuracy? Same thing with casemates, they seem weirdly inaccurate compared to previous patches. I'm not complaining too much as secondaries should be bound to have worse accuracy than main guns, but still the stats don't seem to reflect this and we can't see the detailed accuracy calculation for secondary guns so we can't know if it's an issue or intended.

3- I think there are still issues with mixing certain gun calibers, i had an 8" CA with 5" and 2" secondaries and while the secondaries were firing the main battery was firing only erratically. Setting either or both to aggressive or safe fire didn't change anything, but the main guns started firing much better once i disabled the secondaries. With 4" secondaries (after a refit) i haven't seen the same issue however.

4- this is more of a suggestion: i noticed that if 8" guns (or similar) are firing, they fire in sequence and then wait for all guns to be reloaded before firing. In theory it's fine, but the delay between guns firing is often several seconds, which means that your effective fire rate is abysmal compared to actual reload time. 
Just to give an example, if i have 4 turrets with a reload of 20s and the delay is 3 seconds (i've seen longer), an entire cycle takes 29s. And things get worse if you happen to have more turrets. Shouldn't all turrets behave like BB turrets where they fire together or with very small delays? Or at worst shouldn't they just fire as soon as they're reloaded? 

Casemate guns were horribly innacurrate compared to deck or turreted guns. They could not be stabilised or efficiently aimed. So this is agood change!

Edited by Zuikaku