Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.09+ Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

Still getting turn freezes on Next Turn.

Sometimes battles bug out and I can't control one of my ships anymore.

Enemy ships have insane sight ranges.

Blockades by allied forces are confusing, make it simpler to understand.

The map needs to be stitched together and centered on whatever nation you're playing as.

3 hours ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

Ok find me 5 battles where the french navy fought the japenese navy?

I can find you several where Germany did. Where Spain fought the US in the Phillipines. And, of course there's WWII.

To do so in 1890 - to actively seek an engagement with your entire navy that far from home - would be suicide. But things change. This game has been habit forming to me since the beginning, flaws and all. But once it's done I suspect a major accomplishment by this development team and rightfully so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikekervin said:

I am getting blockaded when I have my entire fleet at sea hunting the enemy, while they constantly run away and avoid generating battles. Playing as AH, at war with Russia.

I have Russia blockaded, and somehow they're generating hundreds of victory points each turn while I get nothing.  At this point they're going to win the war even though I've sunk several of their ships and they've sunk none of mine.

Edited by Kane

Suggestion, to clean the map of so many taskforce tracks. Have the trailing point follow the taskforce, this then cleans the map of some of those lines. Generally, we only need to know where the taskforces are going anyway.

GF586wz.png

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 6

I've said ot dozens of times, but I'll say it once more... THE TENSION SYSTEM SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE.

5 years into the campaign, I have nothing else than constant wars with Russia and the US... all the rest of countries have so high relationships that I have no chance of ever going to war with them. The game is pretty much US and Russia (each one on their own) against the world.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jack00 said:

1.high level crew has too much bonus for accuracy.i cant believe when i saw 3000% range found bonus.

2.all of the technology and design become stupid and meaningless in the face of high level crew

3.and its unbelievable that a ship has 100% hit chance at 25km distance,just because she has high level crew.

Agree, there should be a benefit for trained crew for sure but it should never make the ship stats irrelevant. To hit a target there are multiple steps involved. From the weather conditions, crew training to the weapon platform and the individual barrel itself. So even if we have perfect weather and the ship is not moving and the crew is the most elite well trained in the world you still have some bullet spread from the guns itself that can't be mitigated.

• Like 2

First impressions - the game has become more stable, there are no freezes yet.
While it is unclear why I am building submarines, because they do not react to passing surface ships in any way, for 7 years of the campaign there were 2 battles of submarines against submarines. Maybe by the 1930s something will change, but so far so.
The first time I encountered the use of blank charges. The screenshot shows that there is a shot, but there is no projectile. Fortunately, so far it has only been in one fight.
Now it is not visible which ships are in the ports.

updated.
A specific series of Japanese battleships fires blanks from the main caliber. This is repeated from battle to battle. More precisely, AR shells. HP projectiles are working fine.
20221102165435_1.thumb.jpg.0b1d9a91a2a48b6428c0492b7217dfea.jpg20221102160738_1.thumb.jpg.527445af221130373b0809f8182184ef.jpg

Edited by spinaker

The game is effectively unplayable. My existing campaign can't be used as updating missions causes it to stop responding. I started a new campaign as the UK and found I can't move ships to my ports. I tried again with a new US campaign every month the game grinds to a halt on building new ships. If no designs show up after a couple minutes I can exit to main menu and reload the campaign. In the best case it takes 2-3 minutes to advance to the next month. That being said the map is working right finally. 

Bugs for Germany -

Ships can't move to Helgoland.

Ships exiting the port at Hamburg are moving directly into the Baltic instead of the North Sea.

Cannot sail from Wilhelmshaven to Emden.

Edit - when sailing from any port to either Helgoland or Emden, the task force is redirected to Wilhelmshaven

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 1

This is beyond ridiculous. 

Well, it's already 10(!) turns while I'm trying to catch the German fleet, which goes back and forth along the Suez Canal. They have more than 100 ships. I have task forces at every exit from the channel (YES, I have DDs and CLs, a lot of them). They do what they want, I can't fight them.

In general, it is very difficult to start a battle with an enemy task force. AI drags forces aimlessly around the world, constantly changing its destination. Okay, the AI doesn't understand what to do. Let me fight it.

• Like 3

Keep having the same pattern when playing British 1890, always starts war with AustroHungary and Russia, and everyone else becomes an ally. Every turn, bilateral relations improve with every nation but the two. It becomes all too predictable.

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Keep having the same pattern when playing British 1890, always starts war with AustroHungary and Russia, and everyone else becomes an ally. Every turn, bilateral relations improve with every nation but the two. It becomes all too predictable.

These two really want to create the Balkan Sea.