Game-Labs Forum

>>> v1.06-1.08+ Feedback<<<(17/8/2022)

Found a new bug with higher speed ships deciding to not even attempt to track targets with guns if the ship is making a turn of any significance. These ships tend to have the turrets do stop/start motions as though they want to track, but then they stop. It's created cases where only the front and rear turrets turn, but the rest of the centerline turrets do not.

German Large Armored Cruiser (1910) Advanced Foredeck Tower, casemate guns don't have Fire.
I have reported this issue with German and U.S. cagemast towers many times. Kindly fix the fact that U.S. cagemasts refuse to accept any casemate despite having a slot for them, and the fact that German heavy cruiser and battle cruiser towers have no fire-arc for the top-most slot.

1220477147_GER-Large-Armored-Cruiser_1910_Advanced-Foredeck-Tower_casemate-guns-dont-have-Fire-Arcs.jpg.5da5e462d01a0e4c09d75dc2fe50ed4f.jpg

Edited by Urst

Yikes. The previous patch actually fixed the bug that caused turrets and torpedo launchers not to turn when the ship was turning. This one has made the problem even worse than it was before.

Exhibit A: this heavy cruiser which completed a hard turn to starboard to avoid torpedoes about 8-10 seconds ago. The turrets are still not much changed from where they were pointing previously. If this were a video you would see them twitching or jerking instead of moving.

AIh5dfq.png

4 hours ago, SonicB said:

Furthermore, since Nick decided (for reasons best known only to himself and God) to shut the clown car thread down again, I have no option but to post this triumph of naval architecture here instead.

Oooh, look at this beauty

Do wonder how balanced it actually was .  at least yours was balanced more or less.

AH Beauty.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, Suts said:

Interesting bug, what was a perfectly fine Destroyer starting the battle with 0% structural integrity. I guess what people say about the structural integrity of post WW1 German Destroyers is true.

Ultimate_Admiral_Dreadnoughts_e8OGjKb9vw.jpg

Happened me too, twice in a few hours of play. First time a CA, second time a BB started with 0% hull. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sturmalex said:

Still no way to directly build refits? As long as this is not in I am stopping to play. 

There is. You could always make copy of a refit, but could not build it. But it was fixed some patches ago, so now you can just copy your latest refit, and build them.

(And IIRC it counts as if it was a refit of the original hull, so further refit plans of the original can be applied to them too. I think I could do that, but not sure :) ).

In my current British campaign I am bullied into fighting a German Navy that by 1917 is still building the same designs they started the campaign with. The best BB is from 1890 and their CAs, CLsa and TBs are from 1887 with refits in 1890/91. But they have hundreds of these stupid things....

11 hours ago, Robert Steel said:

There is. You could always make copy of a refit, but could not build it. But it was fixed some patches ago, so now you can just copy your latest refit, and build them.

(And IIRC it counts as if it was a refit of the original hull, so further refit plans of the original can be applied to them too. I think I could do that, but not sure :) ).

Interesting. I tried that out. Unfortunately still unwieldy as frick.

Now I have 2 times the same ship in my design section. Once as refit, and a second time as "new" ship. Also there is a new name getting pulled for the ship when copying the refit. Means my "Kaiser Friedrich III"-Class of 1901 is now called "Brandenburg"-Class because for the game its a new ship.

2 hours ago, Sturmalex said:

Means my "Kaiser Friedrich III"-Class of 1901 is now called "Brandenburg"-Class because for the game its a new ship

If you name the new, updated class the same as the old one, the you can consolidate them later under a single clase, as any further refit you do of either of them will consider both eligible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,
We offer a small but important update including the following necessary fixes:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3353513061586037614 

Enjoy!
The Game-Labs Team

Hope my bug report let you nail down that AI built ships missing structure bug!

Some more leeway in firing wile listing is greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

You can rename the first ship of a new class, so when copying a refit just give it the same name (or a variation) of the original class so you'll know they're the same.

I am aware, that I can change the name of a class. My point is that this is somewhat unwieldy and unintuitive compared to just enabling the build button on the actual refit. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:13 AM, Sturmalex said:

Still no way to directly build refits? As long as this is not in I am stopping to play. 

I'm still curious to know why we have to go with the gimnick of clone refit/build insted of directly building it.

I mean, peoples are constantly asking for it, if you don't allow it there must be a reason, right?

Edited by Zyw
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,
We offer a small but important update including the following necessary fixes:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3353513061586037614 

Enjoy!
The Game-Labs Team

Urgent bug! Hi Nick,

It seems like upon the introduction of the R2 fix, there is now a major bug with Mothballing, such that whenever you re-crew a mothballed ship, it has to go through a considerable period of repair (2-4 months for DDs, 12 months for BBs!), rendering it out of service for that duration and making the mothball mechanic to save maintenance cost completely worthless. Please fix asap as my Campaign rely heavily on mothballing ships in peace time that can be reactivated to war in short notice.