Game-Labs Forum

HEY Ho Maturin here is the Video

RoYaLLeGioN

so upper mast sections do fall.... good .. never seen it personally in battle

Light ships should always give way to ships of the line. Big boats can't change the course as fast as you can. 

But this things happen with everyone all the time.. say sorry if you crashed into a friendly. 

• Like 1

I do Agree that light ships should but then there is situations u cant do anything about like this one. I´ve said it before and say it again when we are that close that we are turning like he did was a pretty bad move i have no chase to even avoid a collision. And Im just saying hes the one start turning when he clearly knows im there. So only cuz ur bigger doesnt mean u should just turn and do whatever u want. And in my mind it´s just common sense  turn when u can. And I´ll try avoid if I can. 

Dont we love dramas :) 

If you watch carefully you will notice the victory starting to turn, shortly after you can on the minimap see that Maturin is starting his turn as well. This actually makes alot of sense and it's quite logic that the friendly Santi turn with the enemy Vic in this way. Noone ever "yelled" at you for sailing into him yet you began using "bad" words.. 
Yes it happens, i ram people by incident too but i try to keep my calm and instead write "sorry". If someone rams me i usually don't say anything at all and if the person writes "sorry" i'll simply write "no worries", if i see nothing in the chat i just try to forget about the situation.

My point is very short and simple, keep it civil ^^

Cheers

so upper mast sections do fall.... good .. never seen it personally in battle

I had seen upper masts go by the board on occasion, but never three at once. They are just too high in the rigging to hit easily. Almost impossible to get chainshot up there.

For both realism and gameplay's sake, I think the dismasting damage model should be balanced to make the result in the video more typical.

For instance, most the time I aim for the fighting tops, where the masts double up. This is an easy aim point, and the largest target. When you shoot a mast here, it tends to break off right at the deck. But it should actually break above the lower sail, leaving the mainsail or foresail intact. This would cripple the ships less.

I´ve said it before and say it again when we are that close that we are turning like he did was a pretty bad move i have no chase to even avoid a collision.

If you had been sailing astern of me at a proper speed, and not suffering from tunnel vision, this collision wouldn't have happened.

But let's imagine that I did pay attention to where your frigate was.

This was the situation:

I had lost a mast and lots of speed. I had an unloaded starboard broadside and a larboard broadside loaded with double shot. There was a Bellona that was rapidly pulling out of range. We were staring defeat in the face because we had one SoL player crashed to desktop, and the enemy fleet had just won the ability to kite us indefinitely. I had to get some damage on that Bellona to aid our 3rd SoL player, who was close engaged and outnumbered.

If I hadn't turned into you and gotten that shot, it would have meant losing our only chance to hurt the enemy for many, many minutes. It was the cusp of the battle where we still had a chance to bring them to close action and destroy them.

A single good broadside from an SoL is worth more than anything your Cerberus could have done during the battle. I would have turned to take that shot even if I had known you were there, and even if you were going to sink from it.

Also, I noticed you stopped recording before you starting calling me a douche.

• Like 2

Accidents happen. But in this case the blame is shared, and possibly more heavily against you. And it is not just "cause bigger ship".

#1. You rammed into him. Think of your car (I am assume you are old enough to drive). If you ram into someone from behind, you are almost always at fault.

#2. You, just like the other captain, were not watching where you were sailing.

#3. Warning was given. The audio is off, but the are bonsun's whistles going warning you of a collision. They are there to help you while in gunnery mode. You ignored the warning (I assume).

#4. Mini map. Again, the signs were there, neither captain used it.

#5. The line / path chosen was such that on that course, you would eventually block the 1st rate firing arcs. OR, in case of unexpected turn, naturally bring your ships into collision where neither captain is paying attention.

I will not comment on the reaction.

Edited by Grim DeGrim

Please yield to larger ships.  In fact, if you're following a friendly ship, keep an eye on the minimap.  You had lots of time to notice his new turn and could have reduced sail, and made a turn to port.  This would have allowed you to maintain firing position on the enemy ship, while not ramming into the SOL or getting in between him and his target.  You are light years more maneuverable than a Santisima, with far less firepower.   Give way please.  :)

That SOL represents your best hope of winning the match.  Anything you do to hinder his ability to maneuver or fire is a serious detriment to the team.

Why do these issues keep coming into the forum? We need to leave them in game.  It was your fault, plain and simple.  You were in gunnery mode.

This weekend I saw several top sails and top gallants fall without the whole mast falling.  Before we would mostly see the entire mast fall and rarely just a portion.  Though, I did lose 2 whole masts on my ST this weekend as well (at the same time), but I only saw that happen a few times where someone lost the entire mast.

Edited by Prater

Why do you start all the drama in the first place?

A quick "sry for ram" is enough. You were focused on the little Cerberus, Maturin was focused on something different.

Rams do happen all the time. There are two ways to cope with it. You can rant about it or you can act civil and apologize.

One of those situations will make the battle a lot more fun. The other is making your blood boil. And the one of the accused person, too.

Always try to retain calm. You video is not very friendly at all. "that fuck #@!+*".. Really thats inappropriate and provocative.

Even the video cannot show whos core fault it was. Most likely both of you are guilty.

I saw your posting in the Tribunal section and begin to not like your attitude:

Maybee not but this is still a game not  a offence like in real life if u cant handle som harsh words well then  might as well stop living.

I dont care what you are doing in you Real Life but in this game EVERYONE is advised to be kind to each other.

Even tho your on the internetz you still cope with real persons. Keep that in mind. always.

Stay calm and carry on. in every situation.

You are allowed to rage. You are not allowed to insult other players!

my cents to this case and your person,

Bungee

• Like 1