Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Clown Car Thread


SonicB
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's ok to have a lot of secondary types, yet they probably should use lesser amounts of them. Also they should stick to 2-3 "classes" of secondaries and pick one caliber for each, instead of placing literally the whole spectre of them from 8" to 2" with multiple types of each
Some ships are literally peppered with turrets of all possible kinds (see my post), to such extent that most of them don't even work.

But they do NOT do a good job with unified battery. Random mixes still happen often enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DeiLwynnA said:

i dont encounter that many odd ai made designs myself but just got this one today against my upsized bismarck (wounded beast mission)

build_373Ga0Hkkd.thumb.jpg.87dcf873465ae17c3d7da037b6818f07.jpg

a bit of an odd nelson/richelieu/dunkerque style ship, has got to be very front heavy since it has nothing on the stern

I've been encountering a lot of those since alpha-9. Someone needs to tell the AI that the Ise-class rear flight deck is generally considered to have been a terrible idea.

Edited by SonicB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Yesterday I played out a bunch of custom battles in a generic fast battleship using battle cruiser 2 hulls at 40k dislacement, with 5x2 14 inch guns and 32cm of belt+turret armour, and lets just say I got some weird designs. The one below is possibly the "best" example of the designs I came across. In terms of performance I did notice in a 4v4 battle these fell apart the moment shells started hitting them and were unable to do much in return, and they were just unable to even sink one of my ships which is a surprisingly common theme.  If the devs are looking through this then I would recommend a design standard where the ai ship matches the player ship displacement wise to whithin +-2500 tonnes, and it places parts in a more realistic manner because I have no idea why it would need a main gun barbette for a secondary gun :D.

 

739958598_Screenshot(175).thumb.jpg.bc9c9e927dacd763ed22fb151a212309.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cpt.Hissy said:

I guess it's impossible to place a secondary barbette on there because limits. Always limits.
I often use tower's built-in barbettes for 8" now.

Yep, it's the bloody limits. I fear a fair few of these completely unbalanced placements are a result of limited barbette slots.

Frankly, if the AI is the main reason why we can't have unlimited barbettes and superstructure placement... it would make more sense to design 4 or 5 basic gun and superstructure layouts for each hull that make logical and historical sense for the AI to use, and then restrict it to choosing armament, armour, speed and systems.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SonicB said:

Yep, it's the bloody limits. I fear a fair few of these completely unbalanced placements are a result of limited barbette slots.

Frankly, if the AI is the main reason why we can't have unlimited barbettes and superstructure placement... it would make more sense to design 4 or 5 basic gun and superstructure layouts for each hull that make logical and historical sense for the AI to use, and then restrict it to choosing armament, armour, speed and systems.

Makes me wonder if they can have two separate designers one for the AI and another for the player to utilise. They will need to fix the issues with the AI so that they can expand upon the designer otherwise it will just litterally have to rely on a tonne of models for added variation.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

It’s doubtful that any new similar issues would be separated as a new ticket. Further feedback would only be valid after an update or fix.    

The more examples they see, the higher priority this will be to fix. Besides, it's funny. Go poop someone else's joke thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

some ugleh ships.

1607445994-2020-12-08-10.jpg1607446000-2020-12-08-9.jpg1607446051-2020-12-08-7.jpg

top one is just a giant meme and the bottom one the french really like they guns to the front of the ship.

I like that top one for some strange reason. It needs a litttttttle work, some TLC, but it looks like it could be a very utilitarian colonial cruiser. The kinda boat you'd find sitting in some distant colonial port, reminding the natives not to take up arms against the empire.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fishyfish said:

I like that top one for some strange reason. It needs a litttttttle work, some TLC, but it looks like it could be a very utilitarian colonial cruiser. The kinda boat you'd find sitting in some distant colonial port, reminding the natives not to take up arms against the empire.

Im just not a fan of big open spaces, and the random 51mms in the middle lol. the middle one is what i except and the bottom if the designers get bored. I guess the top would be good if you hated some peeps and shoved them on to it. At least you have room for plank walking lol.

I really want california and texas along with devastation and the first monitor, maybe the admiral classes as well.

And the ability to make HMS dreadnought.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Im just not a fan of big open spaces, and the random 51mms in the middle lol. the middle one is what i except and the bottom if the designers get bored. I guess the top would be good if you hated some peeps and shoved them on to it. At least you have room for plank walking lol.

I really want california and texas along with devastation and the first monitor, maybe the admiral classes as well.

And the ability to make HMS dreadnought.

I can dig what you mean about the open spaces, thats what I mean by needing a little work lol. Speaking of clown cars I really want the imperator aleksander II class battleships and the matsushima class protected cruisers, but that would mean being able to build a ship with one main battery turret. Things that will never happen for 1000.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...