Game-Labs Forum

Fog map

i think it would be nice to have a calm map with fog in it. kinda like the misty storm map but without the storm. also what types of maps do yall want to see in testing(not open world).

I'd want thicker fog. if it was just a dedicated low-visibility map. Growing up on the coast, there were mornings where I couldn't see more than three or four houses down the street. You had to listen for cars on the way to school.

A fog map would be very nice. I could especially see some of our great youtubers make some epic movies on a foggy map. 

Plus I could have an epic monologue. 

"Captain Panda's log, March 19th, 1812

It's a hazy day on the seas. One can feel the fog surround him on this ship. It completely engulfs a man. It gets into one's soul. My men are all more downhearted because of this thick haze...."

• Like 1

What would be great then if we got to see Charts of the seas we will be sailing in, complete with as much info as has been found to date, it will probably be too difficult to implement but how amazing would it be to be able to "chart" our courses prior to weighing anchor and heading out on a mission...

i think it would be nice to have a calm map with fog in it. kinda like the misty storm map but without the storm. also what types of maps do yall want to see in testing(not open world).

Say what? Is there a map with storm and fog at the same time. I would say that is impossible from a metrological perspective.

Fog and storm cant occur at the same time. Fog can never exist if ther is any noteable wind...

A map with rocks and sand banks in it, will make the match interesting, but perhaps only for lights, since I can't imagine a Santisima avoiding sand banks and rocks...

If this is going to get in the game they need to take away the mindmap that show where you are to make it intresting. I mean if you ansats Know where you are with a 100% certnly every second no one will ever run aground. But if you only have a map with shorelines and roughly marken reefs, shoals and sandbanks it will be allt more easy to accedently navigate up on ground.

Whitney only your own visual of the costline to calculate the reefs aproxematly position.

That would be fun navigations.

(Written from an ipad, sorry for autocorrects)

Foooogggg, Oh yes please.

Full moon night map. Calm seas.  Enough light to make out sihouettes. :)

Oh yes please.

With Open World All these and Day/Night cycles, No maps have to explore and make your own as you go,,,

Also need a Leadsman to call out depth,