Game-Labs Forum

To much LOKI in battle against IA

MaverickESP

Dear devs

is it normal that more then 1 LOKI can be able to enter in battle against IA?

I will be sunk, because 2 of 3 ships are LOKI. It should not possible that more then 1 be Loki, no more!

Can you verify this?

Player will level up shipknowledge against IA and not do PVP in this battles!

IF PVP THEN OF REAL PLAYERS IN Open World, NOT IN LOKIS!

• Like 4

Yes. I also got 2 lokis in combat. I would understand that only a loki enters when we fight against an NPC, but that enter 2 when you fight against a fleet of 6, 7 ships I see ridiculous.

1 hour ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

upon entering battle with AI simply chain down the sails of each AI ship before starting to try to sink or cap them

if somebody enters the AI ship(s) via Loki runes they cannot chase you effectively since they have no repairs

end of problem

That can work when you fight against 1 or 2 NPCs at most, but if you fight against a fleet of 7, 8 or more ships, when you have finished destroying the sails, your ship has more holes than a Gruyère cheese, and if you have to fight 2 lokis, you will surely lose the ship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Yes. I also got 2 lokis in combat. I would understand that only a loki enters when we fight against an NPC, but that enter 2 when you fight against a fleet of 6, 7 ships I see ridiculous.

That can work when you fight against 1 or 2 NPCs at most, but if you fight against a fleet of 7, 8 or more ships, when you have finished destroying the sails, your ship has more holes than a Gruyère cheese, and if you have to fight 2 lokis, you will surely lose the ship.

if you CHOOSE to fight 7,8 or more ships then ACCEPT some of the potential consequences

farming PvE on a PvP server doesn't mean little to no risk

especially when often the larger fleets are tagged to deny another player enetering on the other side, and often close to port under the safety of your own forts etc

1 hour ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

if you CHOOSE to fight 7,8 or more ships then ACCEPT some of the potential consequences

farming PvE on a PvP server doesn't mean little to no risk

especially when often the larger fleets are tagged to deny another player enetering on the other side, and often close to port under the safety of your own forts etc

We accept the consequences of 8 ships sinking ours and even a LOKI entering, which is enough to accept. So no one is talking about doing PVE missions without risk. And if you catch the NPC fleet far from the coast, the cannons of the fort are useless. Saludos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

We accept the consequences of 8 ships sinking ours and even a LOKI entering, which is enough to accept. So no one is talking about doing PVE missions without risk. And if you catch the NPC fleet far from the coast, the cannons of the fort are useless. Saludos.

nope - you want to farm multiple ships at the same time to block others from joining/contesting, finish off PvE missions for combat marks, which are used to claim things in the PvP reward section of the admiralty house in nation port

take away the combat marks of the rewards for PvE farming missions and i agree with you - 1 Loki or even no Loki

but you are wanting little to no risk PvE to speed earn combat marks - risk vs reward

want less risk?  earn them slower, take on 2-3 ships at a time - taking on 7-12 ships it isn't being forced upon you - it is a CHOICE that YOU are making

cheers!

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

take away the combat marks of the rewards for PvE farming missions and i agree with you - 1 Loki or even no Loki

Remove CMs as a reward for PvE missions .. why? Isn't PvE combat ?, Don't they give enough more CM in PvP missions? Who said that CMs are only for PvP combat? Saludos.

8 minutes ago, Dave Hadley said:

PvE server has no lokis I think.

Maverick's complaint is that sometimes 2 lokis enter, and he asks that only one maximum can enter. No one says anything about being removed. Saludos.

28 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Maverick's complaint is that sometimes 2 lokis enter, and he asks that only one maximum can enter. No one says anything about being removed. Saludos.

its though enough as a AI that you cant repair, usually have a lower quality ship unless its Elite AI.

But in the combat missions you cant have people taking over ai ship as loki runes btw :)

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

again, don't want the chance of 2 loki runes, don't attack 2 ships - or if you attack 2-3 chain them both down

if you want to attack more than 2, accept the risk 

this isn't a difficult concept 

it's basic risk vs. reward mechanics that are standard in almost every mmo out there

put another way 1 vs 8 of your choice PvE is VERY different to 1 vs 8 PvP not of your choice so please stop drawing comparisons of 'it's combat also

ty

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The problem isn't lokis, it's your inability and/or unwillingness to chain AI.

If you mean me, that comment is superfluous and highly ignorant. I have no problem destroying sails with the chains, or taking down the masts to the ships. What I am also sure of is that if 2 lokis enter you in a combat you do not start throwing chains, but you focus on sinking them.

10 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

If you mean me, that comment is superfluous and highly ignorant. I have no problem destroying sails with the chains, or taking down the masts to the ships. What I am also sure of is that if 2 lokis enter you in a combat you do not start throwing chains, but you focus on sinking them.

chain them first whether they are loki or AI

usually loki players join in several minutes after the battle has started

with all the improvements that can be made to this game this (in my opinion) isn't high on the list of priorities since several practical solutions using existing game mechanics have been suggested

On 4/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, MaverickESP said:

Dear devs

is it normal that more then 1 LOKI can be able to enter in battle against IA?

Greetings Captain,

There is no bug, more than one Loki can join a battle