Game-Labs Forum

old diplomacy system and alliance

I remember that admin wrote about an old diplomacy system but i dont find any information around, somebody has some information about it?

Anyway there is not the possibility to make a simple thing for alliance? I know that there is discord, clan diplomacy and so on but something simple in open world could be nice just because with all these port battles, factions and so on, is hard to coordinate each other if you dont havethe right information in time you cant help, and also is hard to understand  who is the faction enemy and who is not..is a lil complicate to follow all the rvr storyline

I went to Aguadilla yesterday but i didt know if Sveden wanted to sank me, i saw some Dk but i didt know if they were enemies or not, i noticed some Prussian and French too..Russian didt tag me...i think that making something simple but that could help to understand the situation could be nice

o7

Maybe making a sort of groups where single clan from different nation could join? So clan 1 from nation A join together clan 2 from nation B.

could be interesting to have also some civil war

Now i understand why i saw DK fight with Russian and other guys fight with Sweden

Edited by Conte D. Catellani

40 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

But lets take DK. We are basicly split in 3 groups. Those that want to fight Sweden, those that want to help Sweden, and ofc those that want to do neither. An alliance would force a group to either stand on a side they won’t ore do nothing. Is that a good solution?

Iin this case there should be given a alliance option or a opt out option for that particular   alliance

that option should be made  in the first place then by devs

(what  also been discussed way back  in posts [EVE option but seemingly not the route dev would go ])

Edited by Thonys

When players in your own nation ( the only one who doesnt show as an enemy player ) want to sink you... that sums up all you need to know

Would you want to be forced into an alliance with players you don't like because lots of alts voted to help your enemy ?

careful what you wish for

2 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

I remember that admin wrote about an old diplomacy system but i dont find any information around, somebody has some information about it?

Anyway there is not the possibility to make a simple thing for alliance? I know that there is discord, clan diplomacy and so on but something simple in open world could be nice just because with all these port battles, factions and so on, is hard to coordinate each other if you dont havethe right information in time you cant help, and also is hard to understand  who is the faction enemy and who is not..is a lil complicate to follow all the rvr storyline

I went to Aguadilla yesterday but i didt know if Sveden wanted to sank me, i saw some Dk but i didt know if they were enemies or not, i noticed some Prussian and French too..Russian didt tag me...i think that making something simple but that could help to understand the situation could be nice

o7

In the past there was an alliance system where players of one nation could vote weekly/monthly (?) on an alliance with another nation.
An alliance meant that allied players in the OW could not attack, but could participate in their PBs.
This was a possibility for interested players of smaller nations to participate in the RVR
It was not perfect but a beginning. It turned out to be somewhat sluggish.
Unfortunately it was cancelled without replacement instead of being improved.

That's why many players wish for a diplomatic system back.
I think the developers should have the courage to reintroduce a similar system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karpfanger said:

In the past there was an alliance system where players of one nation could vote weekly/monthly (?) on an alliance with another nation.
An alliance meant that allied players in the OW could not attack, but could participate in their PBs.
This was a possibility for interested players of smaller nations to participate in the RVR
It was not perfect but a beginning. It turned out to be somewhat sluggish.
Unfortunately it was cancelled without replacement instead of being improved.

That's why many players wish for a diplomatic system back.
I think the developers should have the courage to reintroduce a similar system.

i would love a tweaked version where you would have a light vote for OW engagements only where everyone could participate in the nation and then a heavier one that included port battles vs one another which was like a "full alliance"

26 minutes ago, Yoha said:

We need a clan based alliance system. Nobody would be forced into an alliance they dont want to be a part of.

Maybe could be a simple solution: in this way just the clan with the agreement see if the other ship is an allied or not. But I will leave the freedom to attack the allied captain in ow and just the possibility to join pb. 

• Like 2

I think preventing player to attack each others is not a good think in a nation wargame. Alliances would last forever and will bring less content to the game.

An annoucement chatbox could be added for each nation. One announcement per clan with limited lettering. So every nation's player could be aware of what clan has decided about diplomacy or recruitements policy and other important stuff.

Edited by Cpt Eole
  • Like 1

From a side, there is the hope to have something that help little faction/clans to hire the all-star team from an allied nation to defend themselves or attack all together. From the other side we are worried  that this solution could be used in a wrong way by alts: pilot votes, hunt player from same nation and so on. 

Maybe the announcement board could work at the beginning : an official version oh the Willemstad Gazzette with the agreement between clans and nations 

34 minutes ago, Cpt Eole said:

I think preventing player to attack each others is not a good think in a nation wargame. Alliances would last forever and will bring less content to the game.

An annoucement chatbox could be added for each nation. One announcement per clan with limited lettering. So every nation's player could be aware of what clan has decided about diplomacy or recruitements policy and other important stuff.

If it would open for people to help other nations directly in port battles it would create more PvP imo, about the OW engagement that could be discussed

22 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

If it would open for people to help other nations directly in port battles it would create more PvP imo

Yes probably for the dream team RvR roaster of the alliance it will bring more , but not for casual players. They will screen for the PB fleet as they propably already do now.

And when i'm talking about that alliances will last forever, I'm referring to the Sweedish / British alliance which came to an end because of OW pvp matters. That would never had happened with alliance system.

Treason and misunderstandings are part of the game especially between different nations.

Edited by Cpt Eole

Voting for alliances didn’t work. It was too stagnant and easily manipulated by alts as well. I’ve never heard a proposal that could overcome those limitations.

Dev ordered alliances probably will piss off as many or more players than it pleases.

I think Admin has stated that international clan alliances aren’t feasible to code. A similar response was made about clan warfare.

So we’re sort of left with players observing (or not) their own alliances.

What would be helpful for this and other reasons is if there was some place in game where players could find more information about all game clans. Clan creators could choose what information they make publicly visible such as alliances, play style, recruitment policy, etc. 

5 hours ago, Cpt Eole said:

I would not restrict players from attacking each other, even if they were in an alliance. The only difference would be that you see their name and not the generic "Enemy Player".