Game-Labs Forum

Raid Missions - Now Terrible?

I don't mean to sound blunt, but a group of players were thinking of doing raid missions and the rewards, quite frankly, are just flat out bad:

9C134600B51F5D37E98B733E2B0E63ADC72B1C90

668D65DB35B236CB994D285A674D6D535228E2C1

Honestly if anyone ever asked, I'd tell them to never do raid missions and instead just farm privateer fleets...or heck, if you (or your team) want combat medals, just farm some hunt missions.

it goes like this

Victory Marks? probably the only reason to do raid missions IF you don't take part in RvR....but honestly if you're doing raid missions you have the ships, just just engage in RvR. plenty of ports to control, plenty of ways to make victory marks of your own. not to mention players sell them at la tortue for 20-30k each.

Combat Medals? Hunt Missions, PvP missions are just flat out better return on your investment then ever trying to "farm" them with these raid missions. don't bother

Doubloons? look at me straight and tell me that after splitting up the rewards to your fellow group mates after a raid that you got enough doubloons for your time. PvP and Cargo Delivery missions are better farming then this and less risky based on the ships you use.

Real(s)? 10 minutes, in ONE traders brig will literally get you 2x, 3x, or 4x what you're earning here. Again, just like doubloons, after you split it up (which I've never seen happen) it doesn't even cover the cost of repairs used.

I encourage more screenshots of possible raid mission chest rewards to give a more fair assessment. I personally have never seen the rewards be higher than 30 VMs/CMs and that still is rather lower of rewards when you split them to your group mates.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I don't mean to sound blunt, but a group of players were thinking of doing raid missions and the rewards, quite frankly, are just flat out bad:

9C134600B51F5D37E98B733E2B0E63ADC72B1C90

668D65DB35B236CB994D285A674D6D535228E2C1

Honestly if anyone ever asked, I'd tell them to never do raid missions and instead just farm privateer fleets...or heck, if you (or your team) want combat medals, just farm some hunt missions.

it goes like this

Victory Marks? probably the only reason to do raid missions IF you don't take part in RvR....but honestly if you're doing raid missions you have the ships, just just engage in RvR. plenty of ports to control, plenty of ways to make victory marks of your own. not to mention players sell them at la tortue for 20-30k each.

Combat Medals? Hunt Missions, PvP missions are just flat out better return on your investment then ever trying to "farm" them with these raid missions. don't bother

Doubloons? look at me straight and tell me that after splitting up the rewards to your fellow group mates after a raid that you got enough doubloons for your time. PvP and Cargo Delivery missions are better farming then this and less risky based on the ships you use.

Real(s)? 10 minutes, in ONE traders brig will literally get you 2x, 3x, or 4x what you're earning here. Again, just like doubloons, after you split it up (which I've never seen happen) it doesn't even cover the cost of repairs used.

I encourage more screenshots of possible raid mission chest rewards to give a more fair assessment. I personally have never seen the rewards be higher than 30 VMs/CMs and that still is rather lower of rewards when you split them to your group mates.

The rewards are directly tied to the port's activity level. SDC, with a tax income of 10kk, netted 30k doubloons, 300k reals, VM's, CM's, and some other nice prizes.

GT has a tax income 1/4 that, so expect it to have 1/4 the reward.

Edited by GrubbyZebra

Your port that you want to attack is just bad. Try to get missions for Vera Cruz and New Orleans. Campeche is decent as well.

But yeah before you have a raiding port for this towns you engaged into rvr making the need for those missions obsolete. What remains is that you could say "I raided NO or VC" turning it into a trophy.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrubbyZebra said:

the rewards are fine, choose the targets better.

I like that the reward is connected to the activity in a port, this is good and it forced us to do port raids on ports where there are players. But the low reward targets should just not show up at all imo. When players see those they think Port Raids are a unrewarding joke!

The fact that you have to sail around and check multiple ports in hope of finding a good port raid missions is super annoying. Why can't all possible port raids be listed in all regional capitals and there be some filter in place so the unrewarding port raids just does not show up. That would make this an easier feature to use imo. 

My experience with port raids:
Santiago De Cuba, Baracoa pays well, if your 2 or 3 players and do 2 or 3 missions. Then each player gets his/her own chest. We sailed away with 25-30K doubloons, 20-30 combat medals, 20-200K reals (big difference). We also did Batabano raid, but the payout was not so good in reals and ocmbat medals. We did it for the doubloon payout of around 20K doubloons per chest.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I like that the reward is connected to the activity in a port, this is good and it forced us to do port raids on ports where there are players. But the low reward targets should just not show up at all imo. When players see those they think Port Raids are a unrewarding joke!

I would rather the player be presented the options and judge the risk/reward for themselves vs the options being limited.

The fact that you have to sail around and check multiple ports in hope of finding a good port raid missions is super annoying. Why can't all possible port raids be listed in all regional capitals and there be some filter in place so the unrewarding port raids just does not show up. That would make this an easier feature to use imo. 

Given the size of some of the rewards, I have no problem with players needing to put in some legwork to find the best rewards.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

The rewards are directly tied to the port's activity level. SDC, with a tax income of 10kk, netted 30k doubloons, 300k reals, VM's, CM's, and some other nice prizes.

GT has a tax income 1/4 that, so expect it to have 1/4 the reward.

absolutely correct
 @Teutonic should avoid raiding poor knitting grandmas and do some exploring - finding rich raid highly invested cities with lots of wealth and cities giving missions for those targets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

The fact that you have to sail around and check multiple ports in hope of finding a good port raid missions is super annoying

valid point, but not on the priority list, maybe raid mission should found in OW or battles. not from the agent but a drop of a journal (knowledge about a ship with riches)

• Like 6