Game-Labs Forum

National status Board in chat window

Hello,

what do you think to make a sort of board for comunication in the chat window in game?

A sort of place where clans cound put in a very simple way status with other enemy clans or nation and only diplomats could change status

example 

[drop down menu for the clan of your faction]  [status]  [dropdown menu for clan of all the other faction]

CLAN1 war ENEMYCLAN2

CLAN1 truce ENEMYCLAN1

CLAN1 commercial truce ENEMYCLAN3

CLAN2 truce ENEMYCLAN3

CLAN2 war ENEMYCLAN1

CLAN2 commercial truce ENEMYCLAN2

o7

• Like 1

I wouldn't put it in the chat, I would put it on the map. NA still has a problem of conveying what's actually going on to the point that if you were to curiously log in, you would see almost nothing indicating wars, conflict, relations, or events. To someone who didn't spend the initial 2-3 hours of tracking chat for call outs and kill reports, you would assume nothing actually happens in the game world and that the only thing taking place was idle chatter, pure chance sailing encounters and the odd PB.

The Status at mechanics level is terrifyingly simple - all nations are enemy to all other nations. There's no tracking done by the machine to what the humans do or talk which includes clan level diplomacy with enemy ( enemy!) nation clans. ( all other nations/clans/players are enemies, that's the essential baseline that drives the mechanic so far ).

Maybe devs working on alliances !?... who knows...

• Like 2

It's an interesting concept, because every now and then, I will tag an enemy who swears he has an alliance with one of my nation's clans.  I generally ask a few questions on nation chat after the battle and find that this is either not true in any way or was only true during a specific period or event.  Shockingly, some players lie about this in order to avoid the combat!!

I'm not sure how I feel about it though.  If a clan in my nation advises that they are allied with a clan from another nation...why should I care or be affected by that?

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 1

But imagine if clans from different nations can be "friendly"

And imagine if clans from the same nation can be "enemies"  (like original pirates)

I am not sure if it is a good idea but the whole mentality of must attack anything that isnt your nation and cant touch those within it that really deserve is a bit... opaque. 

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's an interesting concept, because every now and then, I will tag an enemy who swears he has an alliance with one of my nation's clans.  I generally ask a few questions on nation chat after the battle and find that this is either not true in any way or was only true during a specific period or event.  Shockingly, some players lie about this in order to avoid the combat!!

I'm not sure how I feel about it though.  If a clan in my nation advises that they are allied with a clan from another nation...why should I care or be affected by that?

Same reason I suggested this thing 

Could be simple like the window where you see the friendly clan in your nation. 

Just now, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

I must have added to my post while you were typing.  Why should I be driven by what an individual clan in my nation is doing?  They can be allied to another Nation's clan but that's not my problem.  Of course, there are some clans in my nation that I am friendly with and would want to stay that way...but not all of them.  Some are just alt clans of our enemies...or players who have a vastly different agenda than me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

And imagine if clans from the same nation can be "enemies"  (like original pirates)

I am not sure if it is a good idea but the whole mentality of must attack anything that isnt your nation and cant touch those within it that really deserve is a bit... opaque. 

I don't disagree. Just stating the mechanic as it is now, the machine does not care about human arrangements.

IIRC is one of the more requested ideas from the "less nation, more clan" players, to go full clan wars and in that regard yeah, it would be a mechanic in place and all clans could setup diplomatic mechanics between themselves.

7 hours ago, Mezcolanza said:

I made the mistake of asking in my clan chat if we were allied with a certain nation and apparently that is a sign of an Alternate player. Who knew? Anyway, I was removed from that clan. :( Just when I was warming up to the idea of sailing with others. 

Well that's possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard. That clan clearly wasn't worth your time anyway, if they're that prone to hysterical paranoia.

16 hours ago, The Geth said:

Well that's possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard. That clan clearly wasn't worth your time anyway, if they're that prone to hysterical paranoia.

Yes. It certainly surprised me. But in fairness to them I was relatively new and it was primarily a Euro based clan and I am US time zone so I didn’t know them well and they didn’t know me. It’s a difficult thing to get involved with others when you live on the west coast.

I just regret the 1000 doubloons I gave them as a gesture of goodwill in exchange for 50 x 32lb carros. 

1 hour ago, Mezcolanza said:

I just regret the 1000 doubloons I gave them as a gesture of goodwill in exchange for 50 x 32lb carros. 

As @Eyesore says, you'll be able to recoup the 1000 doubloons reeeeeal fast. That's 1 good PvP kill's worth. Even AI combat ships in the open world frequently carry upwards of 500 doubloons in their hold.

And actually, 1000 doubloons for 50 x 32pd carronades is not an awful deal, especially when considering just how easy doubloons are to accrue. That's like saying you could get 150 x 32pd carronades for the price of one labour contract. I saw a labour contract in Tumbado today listed for 150k reals, which would make each carronade worth 1k reals. And that's marked-up, as all things at Tumbado and LT are. You did pretty well, I think!

1 hour ago, The Geth said:

As @Eyesore says, you'll be able to recoup the 1000 doubloons reeeeeal fast. That's 1 good PvP kill's worth. Even AI combat ships in the open world frequently carry upwards of 500 doubloons in their hold.

And actually, 1000 doubloons for 50 x 32pd carronades is not an awful deal, especially when considering just how easy doubloons are to accrue. That's like saying you could get 150 x 32pd carronades for the price of one labour contract. I saw a labour contract in Tumbado today listed for 150k reals, which would make each carronade worth 1k reals. And that's marked-up, as all things at Tumbado and LT are. You did pretty well, I think!

Ok. I feel better now. Thanks.