Game-Labs Forum

Raider Capitole Protect Fleets

I Like the Idear, but my suggestion would be that u split those groups up Fast ships which can chase Fast ships and AIS which just fill up the Br maybee 1.5 times of amoungt of the BR. 

I dont like Oceans and Wasas with the sailing Profile of a Fast Trinco...

They tag u ok, but that u spawn than next to a first rd is kind of Stupid. 

Yeah, I've only been tagged once by these guys but they definitely cheated.  A fleet with 1st rates can't move as fast as a Trinco but these guys did.  And when they tagged me, there were outside the circle (possible lag).  Yet when the battle opened, they were right on top of me.  Cheaters!

30 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

I Like the Idear, but my suggestion would be that u split those groups up Fast ships which can chase Fast ships and AIS which just fill up the Br maybee 1.5 times of amoungt of the BR. 

I dont like Oceans and Wasas with the sailing Profile of a Fast Trinco...

They tag u ok, but that u spawn than next to a first rd is kind of Stupid. 

why are you even seeking for pvp near the capital?

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 6:50 AM, erelkivtuadrater said:

In some cases it is difficult to find players of a particular nation without dealing with these fleets.

Pirates are a good example. Hunt at Baracoa, there are fleets. Hunt the route between Pitts and Baracoa, used by many as a trade route, there are fleets. 

Russians are another. Hunt near islamorada or key west and encounter Spanish privateer fleets. 

Danish/Swedish another, hunt around San Juan and you may encounter fleets. 

The opperational range of these fleets is such that they engage targets well outside of the capitol county, and lone vessels less than 14kn, or subject to an unlucky tag, are dead in seconds

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 4:50 AM, erelkivtuadrater said:

Gotta agree.  I've never been chased by Privateer fleets.  Some of the lads like to form a group and hunt these fleets.

If you don't want to deal with a Privateer fleet avoid places where they patrol.  

The Windward Channel has always been dangerous, now even more.  But it is a good place to pick a fight with a Privateer Fleet, if you want it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Cavanaugh said:

In some cases it is difficult to find players of a particular nation without dealing with these fleets.

Pirates are a good example. Hunt at Baracoa, there are fleets. Hunt the route between Pitts and Baracoa, used by many as a trade route, there are fleets. 

Russians are another. Hunt near islamorada or key west and encounter Spanish privateer fleets. 

Danish/Swedish another, hunt around San Juan and you may encounter fleets. 

The opperational range of these fleets is such that they engage targets well outside of the capitol county, and lone vessels less than 14kn, or subject to an unlucky tag, are dead in seconds

I cant relate to that.

The pirates that are at baracoa and MT are only new players so why even hunt those? better to go after the one on the northern side of cuba coast. Brits you can hunt in belize area and south side of cuba. Russians are doing ALOT of trading from nouvelle orleans and vera cruz, i know a guy that actually use el rancho often and gets to kill russians often. Swedes are at the french boarder and around san juan, danes are mostly around san juan.

But honestly if you need to go to the capital area to hunt players, you are most likely after easy kills because you know that the new players would attack you without knowing better.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

I cant relate to that.

The pirates that are at baracoa and MT are only new players so why even hunt those? better to go after the one on the northern side of cuba coast. Brits you can hunt in belize area and south side of cuba. Russians are doing ALOT of trading from nouvelle orleans and vera cruz, i know a guy that actually use el rancho often and gets to kill russians often. Swedes are at the french boarder and around san juan, danes are mostly around san juan.

But honestly if you need to go to the capital area to hunt players, you are most likely after easy kills because you know that the new players would attack you without knowing better.

Pitts to Baracoa, MT to Baracoa, and Grand Turk to Baracoa are heavily used trade routes due to the region system of trading, not just new players in that area but the majority of pirates. Baracoa is also the primary crafting port alongside Nuevitas. If you wish to hunt for Indiamen this is a prime place for it. 

Islamorada and key west are used as grinding ports by Russians. 

San Juan is a destination port for many USA players hauling Cuirass. 

Would it be preferable to your sensibilities that someone should hunt British noobs at Trinidad? To assume that new players are in one place and none other is fallacious. Decline attacking navy brigs and surprises just outside capitol zone certainly, but these are high traffic areas used by not exclusively players with only a few hours. 

• Like 2

@Knuddel & @Angus MacDuff...

A player can craft all ships of the line with fast wood, and with permanent upgrades and books equip for more speed... and so it's a ship of the line fast how a trincomalee.

But NPC ships are not this allowed to?

I call that balancing justice!

And there are some ships, by the way, that are ignored by the privateer fleets, but which ones you have to find out yourself.

And if you know that, you can also do PvP without fear of the privateer fleets.

All that is required is a different tactic, with a lot of challenges, but that's exactly why it's more fun.

And if it were up to me, you shouldn't be able to build a ship of the line out of fir, bermuda and mahogany.

Please do not complain about game content that each player can use themselves.

And for all... sail safe and have a good day ;)

The main issue that I find with the Privateer fleets are their range from the Capitol. If you compare KPR to MT, you see a major difference in how it affects game play.  Because KPR is deep inland...and because there is no major traffic trying to bypass KPR, the Privateer fleets accomplish their mission of protecting the local area and (I guess) being available to be farmed.  They range out a reasonable distance from the shore and really only affect operations in the local area.  In the case of MT however, the location of the Capitol gives the Privateer Fleets far more ocean to cover and has a severe effect on the passage of traffic that may just want to get past the area.  There are major traffic lanes involved and it seems to me that they unduly interfere with players movement.  I have seen them in sight of Baracoa, which would mean that if you wish to avoid them, you have to detour around all of Cuba.  I suggest that these fleets be range adjusted, depending on their location.  KPR is very reasonable..MT is not.  (I don't know about the other capitols).

we will tune the radius of defensive zones for some capitals so they are not too big and do not move to the areas where these large fleets do not make sense
for example Mortimer town defensive area will be reduced so it does not come to windward channel. Which definitely should not see such large pirate fleets operating.

this will be done asap (1-2 days) 

• Like 11

Those AI fleet are next to the Loki rune the dummest idea the devs ever had IMHO. Example me in 3 india chased by an enemy player... I made it like an inch behind the AI fleet and apparently if its behind them they dont react... they did simply nothing. At the same time they disturb trading and they dont seem to follow thier range. I got sank by an AI fleet from the danish behind the settlement. This whole system is just stupid, the old system where you could actually call for help if you where attacked within the zone was simply better and more helpfull. 

7 minutes ago, John Hood said:

, the old system where you could actually call for help if you where attacked within the zone was simply better and more helpfull.

I remember that there were a couple types of reinforcements.  One was matched to the hunter: they were not even an inconvenience, and they were ineffective at protecting traders near capitals.  The other type was super heavy and supported players who called for help, but hunters hated them.

Seems like the Devs can't win.  Traders complain if hunters are allowed to kill them in safe zones, and hunters complain if the entire map is not a killing zone.

John Hood's expectation is reasonable.  The NPC Guards near capitals should engage enemy, even if the threat is aft. But AI is peculiar and stupid.  I suspect that Privateer Fleets will continue to make very silly mistakes.