Game-Labs Forum

Wind gusts must be located...

Wind gusts must be located between ports and not in the middle of nowhere where not a single soul sails. Want to make life better revise your wind gust placement location. Currently it was not done properly as we could expect with early patch builds. 

rd19655.jpg

Edited by Audacious

57 minutes ago, Audacious said:

Wind gusts must be located between ports and not in the middle of nowhere where not a single soul sails. Want to make life better revise your wind gust placement location. Currently it was not done properly as we could expect with early patch builds. 

rd19655.jpg

That's an Audacious statement.

The wind gusts are fine where they are. Get out a sail a bit.

1 hour ago, Jack Jones said:

That's an Audacious statement.

The wind gusts are fine where they are. Get out a sail a bit.

wtf? why would I sail there? wind booster placed in the useless location...that is all I mean. 

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Audacious said:

wtf? why would I sail there? wind booster placed in the useless location...that is all I mean. 

I haven’t found this to be true. The bursts allow faster open water travel over long distance providing you pay attention to the map and tack over to each burst point as necessary as you go ultimately to your destination. It’s not needed to go from Nassau to Frozen Cay.

It’s sort of a (quite imperfect) recreation of how during the age of sail, ships might have to sail north then southwest, then northwest just to reach a point due west of their original location. 

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

If they put them closer to land though people would be complaining about raiders jumping people outside of ports with the speed boost.

Look at KPR or Mortimer. At capitals the wind gusts are at places where hunters will camp, just border of old greenzones :)

So hunters wait with wind bonus, while guys sailing away from ports do not have the bonus.

They should be close to the capital ports, a risky distance for an hunter, but also not too close the ports. :)

For normal ports it should be away.

Edited by AeRoTR

17 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Look at KPR or Mortimer. At capitals the wind gusts are at places where hunters will camp, just border of old greenzones :)

So hunters wait with wind bonus, while guys sailing away from ports do not have the bonus.

They should be close to the capital ports, a risky distance for an hunter, but also not too close the ports. :)

For normal ports it should be away.

Good point AeRoTR.

I'm not sure the turbo wind boosts are MOSTLY for decreasing sailing time.  They could be used more as; a buff for attacking, and ambush points.

If they were truly for decreasing sailing time there would be no turbo boosts near any ports: they would all be located out on the open ocean far from shore.  having boosts for short distance sails doesn't save much net time.  When the journey normally takes five minutes and we have to alter course to reach the turbo boost, we save 30 seconds or a minute.

Edited by Macjimm

Do not agree with this suggestion.

I have no issue with the wind gusts being right where they are.  Anyone doing long distance sailing knows how useful they are, and that is what they are meant to be there for, not to assist ganking.

IMO traders that are complaining that they have to sail out to sea a bit are missing the point. Sail out - avoid gankers by doing so - pick up a gust, chain gust until n/w/e/w whatever of your destination, and then roll in at full speed.  

Makes trading a breeze. 

People need to stop thinking the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. These are sailboats, no airplanes.