Game-Labs Forum

Green on green ganking

[MEME] Cpt Dank joins GB side and proceeds to block, ram, destroy sails and do hull damage to aid his clan.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

I explained to Cpt Dank that you fight for the team you join. He felt justified in his understanding that because the USA team was at BR limit, he was allowed to join the GB side but fight for his clan.

He contributed to the sinking of 3 GB players that adhered to the Green on Green rule. GB players would otherwise have likely survived given the square fort was nearby.

• Like 4

is it really.... green on green ?

green is own nation .....not a flag ! (a flag is for identification only, so you don't accidentally shoot on the own nation ship  )

i would have shot him out of the water.....

if his intentions are clear (+ screenshot)it is justified to hang that captain and let him walk the plank.

>>>he will not appear in court :) <<<

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

It would be nice to have a clarification the explains precisely whether this is a pirate mechanic or if it is illegal. Last I remember, @admin or @Ink stated it is the current mechanic and is legit. However, I think clans should be required to join the same side. I also believe that rats should be able to have rat vs rat battles that all nations could join a side.

EDIT: From now on, everyone needs to know that once they receive fire from someone on their team that they have the rite and obligation to destroy that captain. Do not trust them to stop.

Edited by van der Clam

7 hours ago, van der Clam said:

It would be nice to have a clarification the explains precisely whether this is a pirate mechanic or if it is illegal. Last I remember, @admin or @Ink stated it is the current mechanic and is legit. However, I think clans should be required to join the same side. I also believe that rats should be able to have rat vs rat battles that all nations could join a side.

EDIT: From now on, everyone needs to know that once they receive fire from someone on their team that they have the rite and obligation to destroy that captain. Do not trust them to stop.

In this case it was circumventing the BR rules. That's not fair at all, same clan or different clan.

2 hours ago, HamBlower said:

Maybe you all call me a Noob...

But if I remember right only pirates can join battles on both sides (?), so what happend confuse me. 

I thought the mechanics blocks this or is [MEME] a pirate clan?

Meme is a pirate clan

16 hours ago, Thonys said:

is it really.... green on green ?

green is own nation .....not a flag !

Green name shoots green name -> green on green

Simple

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

My personal opinion is that ROE was better when it was simply a 3 min timer to enter.  Simple, impossible to exploit (afaik), clear and cut with no room for dubious use of mechanics.

I understand why devs went this way but the intended affect i think has been undermined by people "gaming the game",  happens in many other games also when new things introduced.

Edited by LegoLarry
  • Like 2