Game-Labs Forum

Limit contracts of national ports to friendly clan list

As per title

Suggesting to adjust contracts so that for national ports you need to be on the friendly clan list of the clan owning the port in order to place a contract.

Also probably would have to increase the amount of friendly clan slots.

pro:

• Stops the alt-eco-outbidding

con:

• nothing
Edited by Liq
  • Like 9

Just now, LegoLarry said:

Only worry is that smaller new clans won't  be able to develop.

No alt here but see what your saying.

hence the "probably will have to increase the amount of friendly clan slots" - So that EVERY actual clan of a nation can get on there. Just no legit alt clans.

• Like 4

I dont have alts in other nations than my own, but i am Strait aginst this. It will kill nearly all solo plavers and hurt everyone exept the BIG clans. They get the Taxes so tehy can just overbid and make profit with that. 

6 minutes ago, Liq said:

hence the "probably will have to increase the amount of friendly clan slots" - So that EVERY actual clan of a nation can get on there. Just no legit alt clans.

Yes ALT's are a problem, always have been.

If clan friends lists were expanded to accomodate then yes i think would be a good move.

Nations would have to aid solo guys though by choice but this already happens in most nations.

Edited by LegoLarry

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

So if you're not in a clan you can't even place a contract? Seems the expectation that everyone lives to play this game. 

Dude chill

just make your great 1 man clan and get on the friendlist. 

As said before the clan friendlist slots needs to get increased

no need to get sweaty, you'll get your stuff.

Sole intention of this suggestion is to get rid off known alt clans.

Just now, Koveras said:

Con: Stops basically clanless casuals from playing the game.

Just now, Da Hool said:

Cool idea. Just remove every content for solo players and small clans. 

Sorry just stupid af.

Can you guys even read?

Solo clan players will STILL get their stuff, IF the friendly clan list is increased by a lot

The only intention of this is to get rid off known 100% alt clans

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Dude chill

just make your great 1 man clan and get on the friendlist. 

As said before the clan friendlist slots needs to get increased

no need to get sweaty, you'll get your stuff.

Sole intention of this suggestion is to get rid off known alt clans.

Going to be one hell of an expanded list and difficult to manage, alts will sneak in anyway. 

Just now, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Going to be one hell of an expanded list and difficult to manage, alts will sneak in anyway. 

Managable :) Better than right now where you're unable to do anything

1 minute ago, Liq said:

o increase the amount of friendly clan slots.

Big clans will still have no interest to get unknown or small clans on their friendlist as they still suspecting alts. 

I think a smarter solution be to have some sort of port improvement option where production contracts fill at a different rate for the clan that owns the port.  60% of all tar (let's use carta for example) will divert to clan owned contracts leaving 40% for public consumption within the nation. 

Clans should be rewarded for holding and maintaining the port, but small frys should still be able to get their beaks wet too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I think a smarter solution be to have some sort of port improvement option where production contracts fill at a different rate for the clan that owns the port.  60% of all tar (let's use carta for example) will divert to clan owned contracts leaving 40% for public consumption within the nation. 

Clans should be rewarded for holding and maintaining the port, but small frys should still be able to get their beaks wet too.

Good approach

Just sucks that right now you're unable to do anything and get outbid by alts in your own port. lol

This still doesn't remove the root of the problem. OP mod stacking.

Some mods almost give you lvl 3 port bonus. Needing those pieces for competitive sailing is more flawed than alt buying.

..and please don't jump here saying you don't need the best upgrades to be competitive by trying to block it for yourselves.

5 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

This still doesn't remove the root of the problem. OP mod stacking.

Some mods almost give you lvl 3 port bonus. Needing those pieces for competitive sailing is more flawed than alt buying.

..and please don't jump here saying you don't need the best upgrades to be competitive by trying to block it for yourselves.

What does modstacking issue have to do with eco alts contracts? I agree it needs to be worked on and discussed but in its own thread/topic?

Edited by Liq

1 minute ago, Liq said:

What does modstacking issue have to do with eco alts contracts? I agree ir needs to be worked and discussed but in its own thread/topic?

It is directly related. Strategic resources, wood, upgrades are effecting pvp directly.

For example. You fix RvR by arranging different BR for different PB's. Great move and make sense. However, all ships BR's are messed up and you end up in mono, most BR efficient ship battles. Then you decide it is not working.

Block much needed resources by owner end you will end up with interesting snowballing effect.

Fix the root then blockade strategic resource which give you tiny advantage.

What happens when an alt-clan who takes ports before primary clans can and then blocks out everyone else by refusing to add them to the clan friend list AND leaves the port open so their enemy primary clan can sit there farming all day long?

47 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Alts are the worse thing that's happened to this game. Literally we can't do anything, no new features, can hardly make old features work because alts wreck everything.

Yep. Every time I think of a cool idea for a feature or mechanic I have to shelve it before even making a post because its not alt proof. Sucks.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

As per title

Suggesting to adjust contracts so that for national ports you need to be on the friendly clan list of the clan owning the port in order to place a contract.

pro:

• Stops the alt-eco-outbidding

con:

• nothing

Better would be to restrict certain resources like copper/tools/etc... for example that are really crucial for war this way. ( RL example: Like the british did with oak in order to build ships)

Not everything so game stays still playable.

• Like 1

Good idea.

I appreciate everyone's concern for new and solo players, but it should be pretty easy for them to send a mail asking to get on the friendly list if they have figured out more complicated tasks like building a workshop and buying/shipping upgrade materials.

Super-new players don't even bother with upgrades, at least I didn't.