Game-Labs Forum

Traders Lynx max speed perm mods?

Aegishjalmur

Question

I have somewhat lost overview with all the new mods in game now... can anyone tell me what permanent mods to put on Traders Lynx to get maximum speed out of it? Is elite pirate refit still worth it instead of another regular speed mod?

10 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, Aegishjalmur said:

I have somewhat lost overview with all the new mods in game now... can anyone tell me what permanent mods to put on Traders Lynx to get maximum speed out of it? Is elite pirate refit still worth it instead of another regular speed mod?

2 things.

1. pirate rig refit only affects your speed inside a battle instance, it will not increase your speed in the open world and it won't show a difference on your ship's card. It is even better to say that pirate rig refit affects your sailing profile in battle (which normally does give you more speed at certain angles to the wind).

2. anything that increases your base speed, like copper plating, will increase your OW speed and battle speed.

the max speed you can have is 15.5 knts.

If you want to get the max-speed out of a T.lyunx, then craft it as a fir/fir ship if you haven't already, and then just place speed mods until you reach the 15.5knt max limit.

If you will frequently have cargo on your ship, then your speed may go "down," putting extra speed mods won't increase the max speed, but it WILL increase your speed while you still have cargo in your ship.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

To answer your question:  

An elite pirate/navy hull/copper on a fir/fir t-lynx MIGHT do it on a fully loaded t-lynx...  (although in my humble opinion, nothing fully loaded should be able to reach the speed cap)

But as with all battles, the tag will determine whether you get caught or not...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Meraun said:

15.5 knots is max top speed for every ship ingame

I know but what I asked was what mods do I need to reach it ( when fully loaded ) ? Basically you can surpass the speed limit to reach 15.5 at weaker points of sail or with full hold, at least this is how it used to be...

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

1. pirate rig refit only affects your speed inside a battle instance, it will not increase your speed in the open world and it won't show a difference on your ship's card. It is even better to say that pirate rig refit affects your sailing profile in battle (which normally does give you more speed at certain angles to the wind).

I know but is it still worth it over another 2% speed mod or so?

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

putting extra speed mods won't increase the max speed, but it WILL increase your speed while you still have cargo in your ship.

Yeah, my question is how many do I need to reach it with full hold? What are they called? Like improved sextant etc. ...

48 minutes ago, Aegishjalmur said:

I know but is it still worth it over another 2% speed mod or so?

Yeah, my question is how many do I need to reach it with full hold? What are they called? Like improved sextant etc. ...

if you want to reach "max speed" at full hold, then no, a pirate rig refit is not worth it. 

I'd just suggest adding the very best speed mods possible, copper plating, naval clock, etc. i don't know exactly what you need.

• Like 1

I will never put expansive mods on tlynx. 

Fir/Fir purple or gold, fast or very fast. May be I can put copper etc. 

Fir/Fir blue tlynx deserves cotton sails, standart pirate refit, optimised balast, trim speed, art of ship and other knowledge books, that is it. Never load it fully. Only rare ships can catch you, most will not bother.

Felix map is the best tool to see your speeds with different ship woods, upgrades and ship knowledge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Macjimm said:

You could check NA Map https://na-map.netlify.com. See what mods you could use, do some trials and report back here and tell us.

Does na-map accurately model which modules/books/etc will stack and which won't? 

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I will never put expansive mods on tlynx.

Why not?  Out of all the ships in the game it's the one that you're least likely to lose, and it's also probably the most useful ship in the game.