Game-Labs Forum

No guns at Shroud Cay on a Sunday

There are no 6pd and 9pd Medium guns in the shop at Shroud Cay on a Sunday afternoon. Honestly, that sucks at one of the best playtimes to do the patrol zone.

Increase the drop rate or whatever (make a 6pd & 9pd Medium DLC) or have infinite stocks, but make sure there's plenty of low caliber guns for people to use with their DLCs. Please.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Le Vagabond said:

There are no 6pd and 9pd Medium guns in the shop at Shroud Cay on a Sunday afternoon. Honestly, that sucks at one of the best playtimes to do the patrol zone.

Increase the drop rate or whatever (make a 6pd & 9pd Medium DLC) or have infinite stocks, but make sure there's plenty of low caliber guns for people to use with their DLCs. Please.

We are already sent trader fleet with cannons.

Expected arrival time is one hour.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

and to pay ridiculous amounts of reals :D

Supply and demand, don't like the prices than make your own....now there is a thought why does OP just make his own and than he won't have this issue.  Really folks ya'll act like we don't have some crafting system in game.  Though I would prob try to do so from a port other than Shroud unless your one of the nations that don't have any ports in that area....hmmm which could be fixed with a little RvR......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Supply and demand, don't like the prices than make your own....now there is a thought why does OP just make his own and than he won't have this issue.  Really folks ya'll act like we don't have some crafting system in game.  Though I would prob try to do so from a port other than Shroud unless your one of the nations that don't have any ports in that area....hmmm which could be fixed with a little RvR......

We practically don't lol. The player market is terrible. When everyone's answer is "just craft your own" What are the actual crafters doing? Ya know the people who dedicate their time to production? The franchise owners? Resource and development guys? If you have to ask a regular player to fill out a port that has ran out of all it's cannons, that just means there was no production there in the first place. I wonder why.

This solution will bring back Durability for the patrols area only - which means each gun on a 5th rate will be used 5x 3x times instead of 1x, reducing the economic cost of reinforcement in a zone meant for semi-serious fun. 

Edited by Tenet

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

We practically don't lol. The player market is terrible. When everyone's answer is "just craft your own" What are the actual crafters doing? Ya know the people who dedicate their time to production? The franchise owners? Resource and development guys? If you have to ask a regular player to fill out a port that has ran out of all it's cannons, that just means there was no production there in the first place. I wonder why.

Right now crafting for there clans/nations not every random blow hard out there.   That is what the crafters are doing, with limited labor hours and levels right now folks don't care about dragging cannons half way across the map.  Hint the reason why when some one does they over price them big time.  Maybe we don't need every port in the Bahamas to be Pirate or Russians?  Also Russians has some ports open to all, would be smart to go check those ports for cannons if Shroud Cay is empty.

Back in US when we held Marsh I keep that thing stocked full of H Rattlers and cannons.  The US never had a shortage of it, it's not our fault other nations don't do the same.  Maybe get organized, take a port in that area and stock up your own supplies?   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe get organized, take a port in that area and stock up your own supplies?   

There's no reason to do this, or it would already be done.
People craft for themselves, thanks to stringent limits, there is not big crafters to meet demand, everyone has to craft for themselves because unless you had 10 alts for each nation and another 1 alt paired with each then you aren't going to get enough production going to fill the demand of all major ports, which is likely why the market in 80% of the ports will be dry as a bone, no player goods whatsoever and only a handful of capitals and freeports will see actual markets.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe get organized, take a port in that area and stock up your own supplies?   

That is the most cumbersome, unpractical solution you can present to someone who asks the Developers to stock up a place with low-grade throwaway cannons so people can sail off into the p-zone which is just there for some quick, non-complicated action.

Edited by Le Vagabond
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

We practically don't lol. The player market is terrible.

I loved it a year to half a year before the release or so, when Freetowns were havens for crafters and traders and the shops were filled. Sweet La Mona, bought and sold so much good stuff there ...

Edited by Le Vagabond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Vagabond said:

That is the most cumbersome, unpractical solution you can present to someone who asks the Developers to stock up a place with low-grade throwaway cannons so people can sail off into the p-zone which is just there for some quick, non-complicated action.

Sounds like you want every thing given to you.  Sorry life isn't like that.

21 minutes ago, Le Vagabond said:

I loved it a year to half a year before the release or so, when Freetowns were havens for crafters and traders and the shops were filled. Sweet La Mona, bought and sold so much good stuff there ...

A year and half a go we all had 100's of ships and stacks of stacks of resources on hand too so it was nothing to flood the market.  We are what one month into release and every one is still building up. I gave a solution sorry you didn't like it, maybe next time buy and stock up when the port fills up.  On the first day of release I didn't even open my ships in the capital.  I went to the nearest port collected up a bunch of cannons and than moved them to where I wanted to set up shop.

• Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir I disagree with you on this one.

Shroud is pvp introduction area with smaller ships. Mediums are trash. Mediums should be suppied by npc shop for instant action. 

Nobody will forge mediums, will be longs and carros for ridicilous prices. 

Not good for new players, not good for patrol zone. 

Clans and experienced players will not have problems, captures tbrig, buys from towns close by. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

sounds like a good business opportunity

It was an even better business opportunity in Mortimer in the first few weeks of release.

I captured a traider brig, sailed to Ocean Bright, Little Inagua, Ragged, and back to Mortimer loaded with Medium 6's and 9's. 

I spent 100K on guns, and earned 400K profit on reselling them at peak time where they ran out. 

The problem was that it was too much of a hassle for unreliable profit that can happen a day or two after you invest, instead of immediate and guaranteed profit with other methods. 

It's a bit better in Shroud Cay because the people participating are (unfortunately) quite a bit richer, but the business chokes itself. Sellers drive each other below the level where the risk of sailing a loaded ship into a frequent PvP zone are warranted. The game has alternative income sources that are much safer (way too safe, in the case of Bermuda->Kidds->Marsh). 

Edited by Tenet