Game-Labs Forum

Prepared for MAJOR broadsides....go ahead

I know I will be blasted for this but what the hey:

I know there is no "Official release date". I have done searches on the topic and just see the equivalent of "It will be ready when it is ready".  What I would like to know is if there is a "Ball Park" time frame for release.  By that I mean,  2 or 3 months,  6 or 8 months, sometime in late 2015.  Is there that kind of information?

Trust me, if the devs need to take another 2 years to get it right that is OK by me.  I would rather them take the time to get it made correctly, bug free, balanced game play (not that god awful Match Maker they have in World of Tanks) and all the nice bells and whistles.

But I do think they could reduce the frustration factor if they had a general time frame.  Maybe I am wrong but it seems that way to me.

Now we will see if this newfangled iron plating will work as advertised .

• Like 1

Early access is supposed to be sometime this year.  Last July or August they said early access would be out sometime end of 2014.  That has come and gone so I am guessing early access on steam will be out by mid 2015, but I could be completely wrong so don't quote me.

To be frank: "F... the timeframes!"

The devs shouldn't limit themselves by giving out any ETA's, or else you'll see crowds of people complaining the second one ETA is delayed. As the OP himself already stated, 2 months or 2 years, doesn't matter to me, as long as it is quality work and the devs themselves deem it "ready for release".

I want to know too, but they will only set themselves up for blowback from the instant gratification generation by even giving a ballpark.

Just realize that they want it released as much as any player, but they also know that releasing it as bug free and stable as possible is more important than getting it out fast as possible.

For a small team they are kicking ass as it is.

• Like 3

I think just a very rough list of "what needs to be done for 1.0," and (maybe more?) regular blog updates, would do wonders to satisfy questions and keep excitement for the game high. I understand that devlogs are not as easy as they appear, since that probably involves an important person worrying about a blog post instead of doing their job (or just enjoying their time off). But I'm sure some middle-ground could be found, if it's a priority to the devs.

Time estimates lead to deadlines. Deadlines lead to expectations. Expectations lead to madness.

2 months - 2 Years...Doesn't really matter.

The Devs have a vision, and I am on board with it no matter what time-frame. Like mentioned above, all that's important is that the game is released bug-free and is stable upon release. People are fickle at best. I'm confident Game Labs already knows this! And that is why they do NOT give time-tables. Kudos to them!

I'll leave you with this piece of music to listen to while you read below: 

All good things, come to those who wait!    ;) 

No broadside from here, but my opinion is they go public release when its ready and fully tested.

Too many games with huge expectations and from major developers are black balled on forum communities due to incomplete gameplay or bugs. The game gets a bad name and that reduces the number of player who will even consider dipping into their wallet for it, which is bad for the developers and bad for world population in game.

They could throw out a tenuous target date, but it would just be a tease and like any large programme of work, it would always be a guestimate which could move dramatically and normally not by bringing the date nearer.