Game-Labs Forum

Do you seriously think that books will make a difference when a player with 3000 hours experience fights a player with 10 hours?  Books make no difference in that kind of fight.  There is nothing that will make the experience delta go away and punishing players because of it will not make any improvement to the game.  We are hearing from a lot of players that maybe don't have the books, that all books must be wiped.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Books itself should be nerfed. They are way too important

As are mods, but that is another discussion.

2 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Ever saw a pirate with a book?

There is nothing else to do in the middle of the ocean (when you're not plundering)

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Do you seriously think that books will make a difference when a player with 3000 hours experience fights a player with 10 hours?  Books make no difference in that kind of fight.  There is nothing that will make the experience delta go away and punishing players because of it will not make any improvement to the game.  We are hearing from a lot of players that maybe don't have the books, that all books must be wiped.

Im not saying punishing,Im just saying That they will only Have pvp and no real need to keep PVE operations going..except for clan Logistics..open for discussion.just a thought

9 minutes ago, MacaroniMax said:

Im not saying punishing,Im just saying That they will only Have pvp and no real need to keep PVE operations going..except for clan Logistics..open for discussion.just a thought

Ok it looks like that you dont have the books, because you have no idea how much time it takes to grind ai/trading to get these books. You say "Im not saying punishing" but you basically want to kill tens of hours of many ppl time ...

43 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

to be fair, the only people campaigning to keep the book knowledge are the ones that have all of them. I only have Gunner Encyclopedia and everytime I would get close to another, something would happen and I'd have to start over. All that aside, it is the most fair decision to have everyone start on the same page. As you said, experience with the game can't really be lost. This isn't about making "improvements" to the game, this is about an even playing field for everyone. I get that you put a lot of time into this, and it was a pain, but in the end; it's a game. It's all pixels, and I am hoping that after the release we will see a higher population and everyone in starter ships. I think it will be incredibly fun for everyone to start over. 

6 minutes ago, Galt said:

to be fair, the only people campaigning to keep the book knowledge are the ones that have all of them. I only have Gunner Encyclopedia and everytime I would get close to another, something would happen and I'd have to start over. All that aside, it is the most fair decision to have everyone start on the same page. As you said, experience with the game can't really be lost. This isn't about making "improvements" to the game, this is about an even playing field for everyone. I get that you put a lot of time into this, and it was a pain, but in the end; it's a game. It's all pixels, and I am hoping that after the release we will see a higher population and everyone in starter ships. I think it will be incredibly fun for everyone to start over. 

If you talk about fairness, whats up with dlc ships ? This game wont be ever fair, not even at release day

• Like 1

Just now, o7Captain said:

If you talk about fairness, whats up with dlc ships ? This game wont be ever fair, not even at release day

yup, which is why I am not buying any more of the DLC ships. Herc isn't that OP anymore and I hate the Req (I regularly would beat them in my Indianmen) It's morally corrupt to have this amount of DLC before the game is released. It's no different than when EA ships a game with all the assets but puts it behind a paywall. The game is still in development, they have the assets created, the only reason they aren't adding them is greed. 

3 minutes ago, Galt said:

yup, which is why I am not buying any more of the DLC ships. Herc isn't that OP anymore and I hate the Req (I regularly would beat them in my Indianmen) It's morally corrupt to have this amount of DLC before the game is released. It's no different than when EA ships a game with all the assets but puts it behind a paywall. The game is still in development, they have the assets created, the only reason they aren't adding them is greed. 

That you dont buy dlc ships doesnt make any difference, its THERE. Having ability to reedem ship for free everyday is way more unfair than some books. Do you really think some newbies will care about something like books ? xd

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

The more experienced players like Drakonis and others(fill in here)willing to help others to learn and many others are where it all begins again .Like I said Clans will have their ability to function and grow..It has taken me months to learn and follow rules.and stillmore to learn,its a catalyst for success which is what I believe everyone wants..

14 minutes ago, Galt said:

I think it will be incredibly fun for everyone to start over.

It surely will be. Grinding books again however won't be any fun for most that have been through it already. Neither me or any of the people I play with could be bothered to do it a second time.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Loorkon said:

Admin stated clearly that the learned books will not be wiped. Why are we discussing facts?

And he also said no exp wipes......no third rate DLCs.....somewhere I think he even said no DLCs before release.

Nothing is safe when it affects the bottom dollar.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MacaroniMax said:

see ,that's OP,you don't want to have to grind and do pvp

I don't want to grind, because I already did ( unlike you most likely ). PvP is the only reason I play this game and if I did not want to PvP I would simply play on the "Peace" server, you buffoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If books don't matter, then make a video of you going to battle with none.

It's just like those certain pros who say woods and mods make no difference, that it's the skill that matters. Well, I dare them to take crap ships with crap woods, no mods and no knowledge slots and no perks to a PB or PvP gank fest. They should make a video of that and see how well they do....yet they never do.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

If books don't matter, then make a video of you going to battle with none.

It's just like those certain pros who say woods and mods make no difference, that it's the skill that matters. Well, I dare them to take crap ships with crap woods, no mods and no knowledge slots and no perks to a PB or PvP gank fest. They should make a video of that and see how well they do....yet they never do.

I never said books don't matter.  Why do people insist on making up quotes and then using that as some sort of valid argument? 

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

a player with 3000 hours experience fights a player with 10 hours?  Books make no difference in that kind of fight.

Books matter to ME when I'm fighting someone of equal or better skill (who may also have the books).  This whole conversation is based around the so called level playing field where veterans are supposed to be just as bad as a brand new player.  That is a fiction and taking away veterans knowledge (BTW, I DON'T have all the books) will not make a difference in that specific case. 

9 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

It's just like those certain pros who say woods and mods make no difference, that it's the skill that matters.

I happen to agree with you in this regard.  These things all matter greatly when they are the difference between two skilled players.  They don't mean a thing against a noob...and that's the point of this whole discussion.

P.S.  Someone should gift me the 5 rings....I'm really a delightful fellow!

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 3