Game-Labs Forum

Link Accounts on servers

I got to thinking about the War and Peace servers and since it seems that they want to make one server extreme peace and the other extreme war and not a mix of PvP/PvE for the most part.  How about we upon release have the two servers linked account wise with just you level?   So if you want to level up in peace you can, but if you want to jump over and enjoy some war action you still can at that level, but still have to get your ships and supplies.   Of course most folks might just use redeemable DLC ships this way.  This will make many players happy that don't want to deal with constant ganking or might not have time for a dragged out battle but could go kill some AI for a little xp.   

Of course all gold/reals, Doubloons and other things will still be locked per account. I would even go back to share labor hours so you can only use them on one or the other or until your out.  There are a lot of players that like PvP, but just don't want it forced upon them.  This might even encourage the PvE guys to play some on the War server cause they can still go back to peace side and level up on there own.

The down side to this is that upon release both servers you will be wiped to zero xp and have to start over.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The down side to this is that upon release both servers you will be wiped to zero xp and have to start over.   

And what would be so wrong about sharing xp across servers, why do people have problems with others levelling up in safety? If people are really looking for quality PvP then it should not matter what rank or XP the other has, in fact the more experienced they are the more likely they will give you a better fight.

Of course I will get the usual put downs about Rear Admirals not even knowing how to manual sail etc and how they should cut their teeth on PvP from an early stage so they can "git gud" but in reality all these people want is some more cannon fodder for the grind rather than good fights.

Allow cross server XP and slot grinding and most of your complaints about people on war server not wanting to fight go away.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

The other problem might be no PVE happening on PVP server. Than I  rather prefer a viable option to bring both worlds into one server somehow.

Admin is adamant now that War server is for war and if you want PvE then go to Peace server, so I do not see that happening somehow.

@Sir Texas Sir

The labour hours is a big No-no on sharing servers. When we (my clan) first jumped across to your PvP2 US from PvE, the client link was in place. We setup the labour factory at Kingston PvE just farming. When used the hours they replenished in PvP...

That’s how we started the clan build process. Even selling the hours to get revenue starts. It was totally unfair to the other PvP players. It creates bad inflation in the PvP server.

However, I do believe encouraging PvP players onto the PvE Server is a good thing. Whether to test new ideas or train up new clan members to work in a team. Linking the accounts to a limited extent would encourage that... The powers that be like @Archaos says don’t that’s going to happen though.

N.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Sir Texas Sir

The labour hours is a big No-no on sharing servers. When we (my clan) first jumped across to your PvP2 US from PvE, the client link was in place. We setup the labour factory at Kingston PvE just farming. When used the hours they replenished in PvP...

That’s how we started the clan build process. Even selling the hours to get revenue starts. It was totally unfair to the other PvP players. It creates bad inflation in the PvP server.

However, I do believe encouraging PvP players onto the PvE Server is a good thing. Whether to test new ideas or train up new clan members to work in a team. Linking the accounts to a limited extent would encourage that... The powers that be like @Archaos says don’t that’s going to happen though.

N.

But if you use the hours up on one server you can't use them on the other.  All we are doing is sharing ranks and labor hours.  It's fine if you level up in peace and than just hope over for war.  I don't mind the XP reset, just want to give reason for more folks to want to stay and play on  PvP since @adminis so set to run off the casual players that make up the bulk of the player numbers.  It's either extreme hard core PvP server with PvE (he said he won't be removing the PvE part of it) or you play disney soft core PvE.  There is no middle ground.  In my mind than there should be really three servers.  The noraml one we played for years that had PvE and PvP, The PvE only and last NA:L PvP only...oh wait that failed didn't it?

49 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

I like the idea but PVE would have to be wiped too. Not sure they will be keen to hear that. The other problem might be no PVE happening on PVP server. Than I  rather prefer a viable option to bring both worlds into one server somehow.

I'm still a big fan of the turning GoM into a PvE zone and have the rest PvP, but that got shot down by the few active PvErs back than.  It seems they have there own element of Hard Core guys like the PvP server is too.  No middle ground for the majority of us that like all aspects of the game.

• Like 1

I read the op like this : "I want to be able to level up my other accounts in peace and then transfer the levelled ones to the pvp-server". Or : " I want a way to circumvent the wipe on the pvp-server, but i'll diguise it 'cleverly' by saying it is in the new players best interest, so nobody will notice".

• Like 1

This is how the transfer worked...

Labours Hours example, NnC on [PvP2 US] sells or uses his 2,000hrs. He’s in K/PR. On PvE NnC has a base at Kingston labour farm with perk bonuses. After NnC PvP is 0hrs he relogs into PvE.

The PvE account shows Norfolk has NO 0Hours. Now based at Kingston he draws down 2,000hours and uses them. He now shows 2,000hrs in PvE. Logs out and relogs into PvP...

Norfolk PvP NOW shows 2,000hrs...

Norfolk PvP in complete safety has his LH replenished without travelling all the way down to Kingston.

XP and Craft reset completely agree total wipe. Just the early guys get their Yacht.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/28448-do-we-promote-too-fast/

I do think we promote way too fast on either server. It should be a much longer time related climb. The Rank and XP tied to both servers would work much better then.

On the wipe, imagine YOU or I or Jeheil get their character apart from name totally wiped. However, Game-Labs gives Doubloons against hours in the game. This has two major effects...

1.       Everybody starts the same, but the testers are rewarded with hours input. This amount will be spent rebuilding clans and infrastructure. New players don’t need cash to start with. It causes them to buy too big a ship for their skill set.

2.       It would encourage old players back to the game. Hardcore Players old and new because of the level playing field...

You are completely right, PvE and PvP must somehow tie together. I believe that’s where the learning arch comes in... Co-Op missions including PBs... a must

NA-Legends I loved to bits, but that type of game is way off and needs NA-OW launch first...

N.

19 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

I read the op like this : "I want to be able to level up my other accounts in peace and then transfer the levelled ones to the pvp-server". Or : " I want a way to circumvent the wipe on the pvp-server, but i'll diguise it 'cleverly' by saying it is in the new players best interest, so nobody will notice".

Well read what you want but it's not what I going here with.  Other than to pop in and check numbers or redemables I have never really played on PvE so my chars have no XP.  So how would this give me any advantage in leveling up a char?   Why would it matter to you if I level a char in piece?  If your max rank than your pathetic for jumping into lower level missions as folks try to level up.   Than again most of the PvPers are nothing but gankers that don't want a fair fight so that is why they wanted the removal of the Peace zones and force players to mission out of them so they can jump them.   

You won't be circumventing the wipe cause you still will be wiped of all goods.   Goods on both serves you still have to farm and collect, one you just happen to keep the other you don't.  So I don't see your points as anything positive towards the discussion other than whining that others might actually have fun and stick around and play both servers which will instead increase numbers and bring more action for all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

This is how the transfer worked...

Labours Hours example, NnC on [PvP2 US] sells or uses his 2,000hrs. He’s in K/PR. On PvE NnC has a base at Kingston labour farm with perk bonuses. After NnC PvP is 0hrs he relogs into PvE.

The PvE account shows Norfolk has NO 0Hours. Now based at Kingston he draws down 2,000hours and uses them. He now shows 2,000hrs in PvE. Logs out and relogs into PvP...

Norfolk PvP NOW shows 2,000hrs...

Norfolk PvP in complete safety has his LH replenished without travelling all the way down to Kingston.

XP and Craft reset completely agree total wipe. Just the early guys get their Yacht.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/28448-do-we-promote-too-fast/

I do think we promote way too fast on either server. It should be a much longer time related climb. The Rank and XP tied to both servers would work much better then.

On the wipe, imagine YOU or I or Jeheil get their character apart from name totally wiped. However, Game-Labs gives Doubloons against hours in the game. This has two major effects...

1.       Everybody starts the same, but the testers are rewarded with hours input. This amount will be spent rebuilding clans and infrastructure. New players don’t need cash to start with. It causes them to buy too big a ship for their skill set.

2.       It would encourage old players back to the game. Hardcore Players old and new because of the level playing field...

You are completely right, PvE and PvP must somehow tie together. I believe that’s where the learning arch comes in... Co-Op missions including PBs... a must

NA-Legends I loved to bits, but that type of game is way off and needs NA-OW launch first...

N.

That was never how Labor hours worked when they where linked.  YOu used you 2000 on PvE is was gone on PvP.   You couldn't use perks either, well actually you could use them for one patch but that got fixed fast after It was reported.   It's either use them on one or share them on both.  Yes some one could do there leveling up on one server and than come play on the other, but who cares, now you have a RA to fight who doesn't need to sneak around and level up.  He'll he prob has a bunch of DLC ships and can just jump in them and go, only econ he will need is to replace cannons and repairs.  That is it.

I think its my poorly worded script. When I said “used” I meant pulled down into the warehouse as a contract. Then open that contract. This would then replenish the PCs 0LHs to 2,000 LHs. Not use as in craft something.

If I crafted something then it draws down on both servers. This was never fixed until the STEAM Client patch break 10.00?

The RA levelling is a great point. All [ELITE] where RAs. As a team we worked closely together and did it well from all the EPICs etc done from PvE. But we needed to learn PvP, where you guys came in. The problem we found was how many players on PvP acted like weak PvE players. They didn’t want to fight, and when they did, they didn’t work well together...

I think a lose link with PvE, is a perfect tool for PvP rank linked or not. Just duels or any form of PvP is a big no in the Peace server.

Norf.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jodgi said:

giphy.gif

Honestly I liked the NA:L concept but as I told @admin it was just wrong time and place.  It's something that should come along after the game is released.  That is why I don't get this hard core move on the War server.  If they really want to they could bring it back and work on it to make it better once the game is released and all they have to worry about is new content drop like DLC's, ships, paints and such.  Than that would be a good time to bring it back for the guy that like lobby style fighting.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eyesore said:

I read the op like this : "I want to be able to level up my other accounts in peace and then transfer the levelled ones to the pvp-server".

And so what if the person has leveled up on the PvE server, why is that a problem if he is now on the PvP server to PvP. Or is it that you want easy targets to hit who are low level or leveling up? Are you the sort of player who enjoys your PvP by jumping players who are already fighting AI?

It should make no difference where the person has leveled up. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 11:55 PM, Routan said:

Idea is fine, as long as it only is xp and knowledge that is shared. (Can’t see it break Down anything ore give a big advantage). do think we will see a change in how players(casuals) will play in the future.

Hardcore PvP will be war and hardcore PvE will be peace. The casuals will play on both servers. 

-Do think earned on war should maybe give 150 % on peace and earned on beace maybe only 66% on war.

- make clan chat work acrose servers.

I suggest it only be your Rank and Crafting XP only.  I would have to say knowledge should be learned along with ship slots per server.  This will keep it fair on both sides as you still have to grind out those slots per server.  

The bonus xp could be a good way to encourage folks to level up on War Server if they want to level up faster and to encourage folks to play more on that serve so I like that too.

Most clans use TS or some other program to chat in any way so I would want to add extra coding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would have to say knowledge should be learned along with ship slots per server.

Sorry but I disagree, the grinding of ship slots is a huge effort that would prevent people from playing on both servers if this suggestion was implemented. I could agree with knowledge books not being transferable, but even in this case what would be so wrong in them being transferable, the PvP players want good opponents to face and they are always saying that knowledge books dont make much difference, so why would they care if these were transferable.

I still believe the main reason suggestions like this will never get implemented is because the hard core PvP players want easy targets, they want to be able to jump people that are attacking AI for grinding purposes.

• Like 2

I say just give me all the slots right away... the rank grind should be more real than the ship grind... Rank is where I get promoted... it doesn't make sense to me that a ship gets promoted... but hey its the Devs game... it will be what they want in the end.

Three cheers to the frigates and their gallant Captains!

On 3/29/2019 at 7:01 PM, Dibbler said:

PvE server is good place to chill out on and fight AI, look around and figure new changes.

I would agree with you, especially if you want to try a ship out that is super rare... to see if you like it. Some super rare ships are not that good for sailing... some of them are for collectors. This is of course assuming you would be afraid to lose it... many different personalities out their you know.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

On 3/29/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Honestly I liked the NA:L concept but as I told @admin it was just wrong time and place.  It's something that should come along after the game is released.  That is why I don't get this hard core move on the War server.  If they really want to they could bring it back and work on it to make it better once the game is released and all they have to worry about is new content drop like DLC's, ships, paints and such.  Than that would be a good time to bring it back for the guy that like lobby style fighting

Well said sir, well said indeed.

5 hours ago, Archaos said:

Sorry but I disagree, the grinding of ship slots is a huge effort that would prevent people from playing on both servers if this suggestion was implemented. I could agree with knowledge books not being transferable, but even in this case what would be so wrong in them being transferable, the PvP players want good opponents to face and they are always saying that knowledge books dont make much difference, so why would they care if these were transferable.

I still believe the main reason suggestions like this will never get implemented is because the hard core PvP players want easy targets, they want to be able to jump people that are attacking AI for grinding purposes.

Yah not that I go back and look at it  I think ship slots shoould be shared too as they are ranking system.  Books no they are rewards you get from playing the game per server.   

Oh and I 100% agree this will never be implemented for that exact reason. The little 10% of the hard core players would complain so much as they all ready do about RA"s doing AI missions in green zones.  I don't get why they hate so much on others having fun or even the guys that RP this game.  Most of them if you get them separated from there little gank groups actually suck at the game.   Yes a few are very good players, but that is cause they are on almost every night when others don't play but a few hours each week.

• Like 1