Game-Labs Forum

Leaderboards

z4ys

2 hours ago, admin said:

Players online is just a bug. will be fixed soon. The rest of data is correct.

I really like the feature as a whole and appreciate your effort but I am not really fond of the introduction of K/D scores. It encourages ganking over taking risky but good fights and it really doesn't say much either, outside of a pool of 100% competitive players in a  1 vs 1 tournament layout.

Let me make an example.

Player "CptJoeTheDirtyClubber" kills 5 new players, one by one. His K/D is now 5, even if he gets killed himself once after.

Player "RamTheLegendDinark" has a fight vs 10 experienced and skilled captains. He kills 3 but is ultimately overwhelmed. His K/D is 3 now.

Who is really the better player and what would the K/D number suggest contrary to that?

I think clan K/D/A is ok, if it is reset regularly and I know many folks especially younger ones get very excited about these numbers but they mean nothing when taken out of context and can have a very negative impact on a OW game that isn't played in a arena with completely even teams or only 1 vs 1 layout.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Sovereign said:

I really like the feature as a whole and appreciate your effort but I am not really fond of the introduction of K/D scores. It encourages ganking over taking risky but good fights and it really doesn't say much either, outside of a pool of 100% competitive players in a  1 vs 1 tournament layout.

Let me make an example.

Player "CptJoeTheDirtyClubber" kills 5 new players, one by one. His K/D is now 5, even if he gets killed himself once after.

Player "RamTheLegendDinark" has a fight vs 10 experienced and skilled captains. He kills 3 but is ultimately overwhelmed. His K/D is 3 now.

Who is really the better player and what would the K/D number suggest contrary to that?

I think clan K/D/A is ok, if it is reset regularly and I know many folks especially younger ones get very excited about these numbers but they mean nothing when taken out of context and can have a very negative impact on a OW game that isn't played in a arena with completely even teams or only 1 vs 1 layout.

Write a suggestion your points are valid. What would help is the Ka ratio compared to the average br ratio.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Sovereign has a good point. On my behalf i'd rather see, as a privateer, how much trade net worth i captured. Don't care about kills. Capture is all.

its and outdated number indeed. not needed in the leaderboard

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Sovereign has a good point. On my behalf i'd rather see, as a privateer, how much trade net worth i captured. Don't care about kills. Capture is all.

When you look at statistics on leaderboards in games like Silent Hunter your position is secured by tonnage sunk, just as it is in real life, Gunter Prien, Mush Morton, Otto Kretchner all made their names on that basis (although Gunter Prien's mission to Scapa Flow, sinking the Royal Oak was more than sufficient to secure his position as one of the best Submarine commanders around even before he made 'ace' status).  

Ship too have their own 'leaderboard' s, visit any Royal Naval  warship and your guide will show you her battle honours board listing the battles her predecessors fought in, these are the measures of success for ships and their commanders.

34 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

When you look at statistics on leaderboards in games like Silent Hunter your position is secured by tonnage sunk, just as it is in real life, Gunter Prien, Mush Morton, Otto Kretchner all made their names on that basis (although Gunter Prien's mission to Scapa Flow, sinking the Royal Oak was more than sufficient to secure his position as one of the best Submarine commanders around even before he made 'ace' status).  

Ship too have their own 'leaderboard' s, visit any Royal Naval  warship and your guide will show you her battle honours board listing the battles her predecessors fought in, these are the measures of success for ships and their commanders.

French Privateer Surcouf is known for the number of his captures and the net profit from these captures (and often the imbalance of power between him and his opponents).

Leaderboards could highlight both naval careers :

• naval officiers : K/D, crew kils, PB...
  • privateer : number of captures, amount of loot, average BR imbalance (opponent BR / own BR)...
Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

James Young, ( or Yonge ) from the HMS Alcmene, descendants still take advantage of his prize taken back in 1799.

Your "great wars" scoreboards are meaningless. Different navies during those wars ( and air forces ) used different systems, with allies promoting the squadron and axis germany the individual... but the age of sail, and previous eras even, has one unique feature - the prize. Be it a ship or the sacking of a town.

If the prize were  a warship, and repairable, usually the admiralties would bought it at a fair price with usually a added "head money" of 5 pounds per enemy sailor aboard the captured warship. Prizes for a captured ship was often such that a crew could make a year's pay for a few hours' fighting.

Truth is, you won't find a Nelson at Trafalgar showing off prizes. Or 'de la Ronciere at Fort Royal. Their task was NOT to capture prize but to defeat the enemy fleet - which they did in spectacular fashion - i'd say the frenchman much more than Nelson though.

:) 

Anyway, we diverge from the idea here.

3 hours ago, admin said:

its and outdated number indeed. not needed in the leaderboard

It cannot be hard to record Clan (renamed to Fleet) and player leaderboard info, can it?

For clans/fleets:

| Fleet Name | Nation |  PvP Kills/Captures | KPD | Port Battles | Ports Controlled | Loot Value |
| RATS             | PR          |             34/18                | 1.5  |           5              |                 3                |      3.4B         |

Then for captains:
| Captain Name | Nation | Fleet Name |  PvP Kills/Captures | KPD | Port Battles | Loot Value |
| Drake                   | ES         | SPG                |             8/3                      | 1.2  |           5             |      1.6M        |

or something of the like.....