Game-Labs Forum

Back after 2 month break...

1 hour ago, Preechur Blackheart said:

This points out a problem that explains why the market for crafted ships has dried up. I haunt La Tortue and Tumbado looking at ship prices and there are precious few compared to before the last patch.And the ones that are for sale are priced much higher than before. At a 25:1 conversion ration, some ships are going for the equivalent of 50 million gold (old currency). This makes the bigger ships (3rd rates and above) more precious and harder to replace. The natural response is not to risk them in combat. Yes, they are only pixels. And there is a wipe coming. But better balance is needed or after the wipe the noobs will not be able or willing to get replacement ships...

This is true.  People assumed that the Devs gave an EQUIVALENT conversion in Reales to what they wanted the market prices to reflect.

In essence, the Devs took some money from everyone's wallet.  (Which was a good thing as inflation had really crept in).

Ship sellers put ships on the market at this conversion rate before they did the crafting math.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This is true.  People assumed that the Devs gave an EQUIVALENT conversion in Reales to what they wanted the market prices to reflect.

In essence, the Devs took some money from everyone's wallet.  (Which was a good thing as inflation had really crept in).

Ship sellers put ships on the market at this conversion rate before they did the crafting math.

This is clearly something a lot of people have not yet realized. I still see people claiming 'oh that's too expensive, cause it's too expensive converting to the old currency'. Just taking a look in the markets and doing some trading people should quickly realize how to price things. The total amount of money held by players got divided by 25, but that has no implication on the current market prices. You are correct but it seems some people are slow to catch up. 

Edited by Draymoor

4 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Total lies.

Endymion FIR/FIR construction price

Oak log - 327 x5 = 1635

Fir log - 887 x2 = 1774

Hemp - 73 x29 = 2117

Iron ore - 66 x31 = 2046

Lignum Vitae - 15 x18 = 270

Stone Block - 37 x7 = 259

Coal - 50 x1 = 50

Provision 340 x9 = 3060

Total=11211
LH = 588

I’ve noticed this as well. Asking price for ships is way out of line for what they cost to build. 5th and smaller are relatively cheap to build with the exception of LH.

Do you put a cost on your Labor Hours?

11 hours ago, Farrago said:

I’ve noticed this as well. Asking price for ships is way out of line for what they cost to build. 5th and smaller are relatively cheap to build with the exception of LH.

With one trading run I can make 400 k. Thats why ships get expensive.

21 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

If we says about 5-th rates im ready use 1 indefat vs 2 herk (i know indefat will win).  If we talk seriously, 1 herk can beat 3 npc - just need time, you know it, NPC cant use repairs :) Need other test.( OR you mean   3 players on herks vs 3 players captured ships, so im ready do it)
(i don't play this game this month, maybe smth was change and im wrong)

Talking about PvP in captured 5ths. Also I would say it shouldn't be three Indefatigables. Imo the Herc is somewhere to set around the Frigate (Cherubim). 

Also I would like to see you fight two captains on a similar skill level than you. If so I seriously doubt you win against two Hercs.

2 hours ago, staun said:

With one trading run I can make 400 k. Thats why ships get expensive.

You mean because you’re making so much money, ship builders and sellers think everyone is flush with cash?

43 minutes ago, Farrago said:

You mean because you’re making so much money, ship builders and sellers think everyone is flush with cash?

I don’t make much money. Since patch I only have made 1 traderun. My worth is 3.5 kk. But that said. Players put up the price on a ship that they can get for it. There is lots of real in the game and bet you most are comming from trading. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Farrago said:

the real cost for LH = 60~100 reaal

if it is translated into the ship cost it becomes expensive indeed

11211+ ~85 R (49980)= 61191 Reaal.

if captured it will be cheap if it is built, it can be (looks) expensive

Edited by Thonys