Game-Labs Forum

Very Low quality PvP

No, i have not been reading all the posts...here are my 2 reals...stop the bloody Pay 2 Win ships. It's insane.

Bloody requin just boarded my (NEW) indy and took it with only 2 rounds of boarding. I had no chance whatsoever, and as a new player I barely get a chance.

Edited by GrineUlf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GrineUlf said:

No, i have not been reading all the posts...here are my 2 reals...stop the bloody Pay 2 Win ships. It's insane.

Bloody requin just boarded my (NEW) indy and took it with only 2 rounds of boarding. I had no chance whatsoever, and as a new player I barely get a chance.

Req is actually cancer, hands down the most annoying thing about NA right now. Muskets being the next annoying thing. Both need to be changed imo

• Like 2

Changing DLC ships to be re-redeemable every 3 days instead of every 24 hrs would be most welcome, it's boring to see so many players sailing DLC ships everywhere, specially gankers love them cause they lose nothing if they sink, just back at it the next day. I own both DLC ships myself. Or like someone else said, make players actually have to craft them but keep them exclusive to DLC. 

4 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Req is actually cancer, hands down the most annoying thing about NA right now. Muskets being the next annoying thing. Both need to be changed imo

I completely agree on muskets. They are very very OP. No fun, no skill, just a insta-win-button.

The Requin is fine now (I personaly dislike it, but that is not the point) but the problem with it is that it is very easy to kill beginners in a Requin because they do not know how to counter that ship (nobody can prevent it from running away, but that is an other point).  I think the ROE of reinforcementzones are the real problem. There should be no doubloon drop and no points for the PvP leaderboard for kills in reinforcementzones. Than it would be less attractive to kill beginners. On the other hand it should still be possible to attack in the reinforcementzone to prevent rear admiral traders to become lazy and fat. Maybe it could be an other idea to make players up to the rank of master and commander completely save against attacks... .

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 1

I have all the best boarding upgrades, I win. Boarding is not about gear, it is about skill.

Devs introduce Insane Muskets, I lose. Boarding is about gear and not from skill.

I cry because those are Insane.

I got Insane Muskets from a loot chest, I win. Boarding is once again about skill, l2p nubs!

World is once again in balance for Veteran Naval Action gankers.

3 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I have all the best boarding upgrades, I win. Boarding is not about gear, it is about skill.

Devs introduce Insane Muskets, I lose. Boarding is about gear and not from skill.

I cry because those are Insane.

I got Insane Muskets from a loot chest, I win. Boarding is once again about skill, l2p nubs!

World is once again in balance for Veteran Naval Action gankers.

I think you do not realy know what you are talking about. With all the boarding gear the oponent was most likely still able to disengage. With muskets you win in two to (max.) five rounds. You have not even a chance to escape.  What is your suggestion. Should it stay at it is?

On 11/18/2018 at 2:36 PM, Sir Loorkon said:

I think you do not realy know what you are talking about. With all the boarding gear the oponent was most likely still able to disengage. With muskets you win in two to (max.) five rounds. You have not even a chance to escape.  What is your suggestion. Should it stay at it is?

I wonder if he knows what it feels like to be taken down in basically 30 seconds while starting against the wind, getting boarded by a requin, and losing in 2 rounds of boarding fights, while sailing a ship you just built from your last money and resources...because that is what bloody happened to me! As a quite new player there is no hell f-ing way I can even get a decent chance to make money, because of shithats like that

Edited by GrineUlf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrineUlf said:

I wonder if he knows what it feels like to be taken down in basically 30 seconds while starting against the wind, getting boarded by a requin, and losing in 2 rounds of boarding fights, while sailing a ship you just built from your last money and resources...because that is what bloody happened to me! As a quite new player there is no hello kittying way I can even get a decent chance to make money, because of shithats like that

Requins are easy to avoid by evading downwind.  If, for some reason he is going to tag you, make sure you are running downwind and tag him first so that he doesn't get close.  Never allow yourself to be tagged pointing into the wind.  If you are in battle with a Req, run downwind.  It sounds like you made a bunch of mistakes here. 

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Requins are easy to avoid by evading downwind.  If, for some reason he is going to tag you, make sure you are running downwind and tag him first so that he doesn't get close.  Never allow yourself to be tagged pointing into the wind.  If you are in battle with a Req, run downwind.  It sounds like you made a bunch of mistakes here. 

I had no chance! I was simply sailing and out of nowhere he came, tagged me, and before I could turn the battle started. And I ended up against the wind due to the fact I was trying to meet up with my friends. So the battle starts, I am against the wind, he positioned himself behind me before the battle, and there we go.

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

A new player getting tagged by a DLC ship and you say the new player is doing something wrong by not having any way to defend himself.

It's funny that experienced players are so quick to put down newbs saying they need  to "git gud"
But they won't consider having their progress wiped because "mods aren't important, ships don't matter, it's skill!"
Yet they sail around in 5/5 ships with 12% speed bonus and 300% boarding mods.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Just now, GrineUlf said:

I had no chance! I was simply sailing and out of nowhere he came, tagged me, and before I could turn the battle started. And I ended up against the wind due to the fact I was trying to meet up with my friends. So the battle starts, I am against the wind, he positioned himself behind me before the battle, and there we go.

Sounds like your first mistake was not seeing him.  They don't come out of nowhere, but they can come up fast if you're not looking around at all times.  This game can be boring when your just sailing alone on an empty sea, but it gets ugly fast if you're not paying attention.  I've killed a few who were not looking for sure.  I'm not picking on you mate, but this is part of the learning curve.  If you see a Le Req, you can generally avoid it. "It wasn't my fault" is not an acceptable excuse to an Admiralty Court Martial, Captain.;)

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

A new player getting tagged by a DLC ship and you say the new player is doing something wrong by not having any way to defend himself.

Reqs are easy to avoid.  he just has to learn how.  Asking the question here (or on chat) is a good 1st step.  New players die all the time.  I did and I bet you did too.  He made mistakes and hopefully he learned from that.

just saw your edit.  I'm only mildly experienced and have never had a 5/5 ship or great mods.  Happy for a full wipe!

Edited by Angus MacDuff

Let me explain the situation. I am sailing from KPR to Port Morant, I see a battle going on between 3 british and a pirate. I am almost at Port Morant, battle was still going on (swords crossed). Swords disappear. Req appears and tags me. All this time I am against the wind, almost at Morant. He tags me, I can't do shit. Battle starts, with an indy it takes for ever to turn in anyway, and he bloody boards me from the rear. I would love to see you do better in that situation.

Edited by GrineUlf

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Reqs are easy to avoid.  he just has to learn how.  Asking the question here (or on chat) is a good 1st step.  New players die all the time.  I did and I bet you did too.  He made mistakes and hopefully he learned from that.

No ship is 'easy' to avoid. There is no 'skill' that will keep you from getting tagged and ganked.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, GrineUlf said:

Let me explain the situation. I am sailing from KPR to Port Morant, I see a battle going on between 3 british and a pirate. I am almost at Port Morant, battle was still going on (swords crossed). Swords disappear. Req appears and tags me. All this time I am against the wind, almost at Morant. He tags me, I can't do shit. Battle starts, with an indy it takes for ever to turn in anyway, and he bloody boards me from the rear. I would love to see you do better in that situation.

Maybe I wouldn't.  Sometime shit just happens.  But I would definitely turn down wind the instant I get tagged.  Or hug the fort...

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Maybe I wouldn't.  Sometime shit just happens.  But I would definitely turn down wind the instant I get tagged.  Or hug the fort...

Dude, I never got the chance, he appeared right next to me! And yeah....hugging the fort....I wish I could do  that at 2 knots in 10 seconds...

Requin is just f-ing OP

3 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

No ship is 'easy' to avoid. There is no 'skill' that will keep you from getting tagged and ganked.

I think Req may be the exception to that rule.  They are absolute crap going downwind.  Certainly, there is always that one circumstance where you are SOL, but that's rare.

@GrineUlf when you notice boarding gonna come, %100 when Le Req involved.

1) get your boarding preparation up by hitting 9 key

2) go with the wind asap

3) make your initial broadside count, double shot when enemy close.

4) load grape keep shooting

5) keep barricades or boarding axes skill on your ship.

6) establish a base out of greenzone to grind your ship slots.

Edited by AeRoTR

Just now, AeRoTR said:

@GrineUlf when you notice boarding gonna come, %100 when Le Req involved.

1) get your boarding preparation up by hitting 9 key

2) go with the wind adap

3) make your initial broadside count, double shot when enemy close.

4) load grape keep shooting

5) keep barricades or boarding axes skill on your ship.

6) establish a base out of greenzone to grind your ship slots.

I didn't even get the chance to do any of that

Just now, GrineUlf said:

I didn't even get the chance to do any of that

I get what you are saying and you certainly had as bad luck as you can get.  The turning downwind as soon as the tag timer hit would have been all you could do and yes, it may not have been enough, but at least you wouldn't have been facing into the wind.