Game-Labs Forum

Very Low quality PvP

Why are battles like this promoted? Better to not have said battle than to have it, all it does is demoralize the losing side, and inflate the heads and pockets of the ganking side.

Why not impose some sort of ROE change to make regular pvp more accessable and balanced? You're hurting your own game allowing such extreme ganking in a game that should be more than OMFGROFLstomping over your enemy with the biggest wall of ship you can muster. How about a change?

https://www.strawpoll.me/16834118

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

my best and probably the most battles werent port battles but large 25 vs 25 fights now we cant even have that on the pvp servers anymore unless its over a super port that sells goods that are needed for modules like cartagena caulking or guacata, i miss the days of duking it out with 25 v 25 battles in the middle of no where or in a captials mouth

Battles should NEVER be fair.

If you want fair battles join the peace server and stop trying to force a false fairness on the WAR server.

1v1 is excellent if you are a good player. The good players prefer it like @rediii

said above.

This is a military MMO it's not a carebear love-in where everything is fair and everyone wins and has a warm glow after every battle.

This is the WAR server for those that relish a challenge, outnumbered or not, win or lose, ganked or ganking.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

With balancing the good pvp players roflstomp everything ;)

Signaling was very popular under good players because they could just 1v1 everyone with a clever tag

This game is about not equal fights. The best fights I had was against superior numbers either alone, in a small or in a big group

Most good pvp players left the game. What is left are gank gearbears roflstomp everything.

Signaling was not 100% bad, even tho it did not yet create good enough battles. It was also helping many to defend each other.

Gank + Gear roflstomp > Skill roflstomp

Something did not go right here.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

5 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Why not impose some sort of ROE change to make regular pvp more accessable and balanced?

Why do you still think this will fly in OW with the wargamers, "playing it smart" guys, "playing with friends" dudes, sandboxers and "I don't like closed battles no matter what" players?

I want what you want, but we can't have it in general OW (apparently).

Some of us have focused on patrol zone RoE to enable our kind of fun. If we limit special RoE to patrol zones we have a realistic hope of getting it.

Your posting history has been pro-sandbox. Sandbox = gankbox. It's inevitable for you to experience cognitive dissonance if you uphold sandbox ideals but dislike ganking.

I'm not having a go at you; I empathize strongly but wonder how you sort these things in your mind.

45 minutes ago, admin said:

Unfortunately instaclose was bad for groups and actually was washing out players who wanted to play with friends. 

what about a 30 sec close if you have signaling perk? after that its the old rule side with lower br has increased join timer for a chance to even it out

Edited by Guest

Sometimes shit happens and you get caught in bad situation, if you don't like it, sail in a faster ship in ow or surrender immediatly when "ganked".

But i had a few times where i was trapped in a very bad situation and still took advantage of an error from the enemy and managed to escape, and at this moment it sounded to me like some sort of success .

I must admit patrol zone roe is very frustrating in that matter as ppl there generaly join the stronger side and no escape is possible, but it's known you don't sail there in a ship you care about, so it's ok i imagine.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What about a "duel" button which invites the enemy player to duel, you can do it anywhere, if they accept it creates an arena that they can be pulled into or something.

The only issue would be players "dueling" one another to escape their enemies. If dueling is going to be a thing it should be done from within the port and no rewards given/no ship loss like the training room.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Well it can spit them back out afterwards where they were.

It could be abused sure, but there are so many things in this game that could be abused but aren't.

Nah that shit would be abused like crazy. No one wants to wait around for 2 ships that just disappeared for a hour and a half.

Name one thing that can be abused but hasn't. Even the things that warrant tribunal have been abused.

4 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

No one wants to wait around for 2 ships that just disappeared for a hour and a half.

You really think two enemy players are going to sit inside a battle for an hour and a half just to avoid a third party enemy?

49 minutes ago, Ortac said:

You really think two enemy players are going to sit inside a battle for an hour and a half just to avoid a third party enemy?

You must be new. :lol:

OT:

Would be amazing to have a quick match option in port for people who dont have infinite time to go out and hunt. You could name it "Small Battles."

Edited by Ganking Simulator
  • Like 2

News Flash at 11.....Slim tries to gank and then gets counter ganked.

Now now Slim, you need to give out the full details with your posts here.  

Slim likes to sail solo fir/fir gank boats up and down the US coast trying to hop in battles started by other nations for a quick gank.  He unfortunately does not have the skill or the numbers to do this effectively.  Last night he joined a clan mates battle, did a lot of chaining and then ran to the forts when another person joined.  The night before he was trying to separate out group of 4-5 pirates by tagging the slowest of our guys and then immediately running in battle to waste time.  Both evenings he was eventually sunk.   

Pro tip - If you want to sail alone in trash ships and attempt to get kills you need to leave the east coast and go play in less shark infested waters.  You will always lose to us.  I put up a lot of marks around Cuba and Belize area in ganking trincs.  Another Pro tip - stop playing like a coward.  Sometimes you gotta fight.  

PS - Stop calling Wraith and myself Trash in battles.  We’re both far better players than you and we are both capable of getting solo PVP kills.  You are not.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Care what you wish for. These "gank carebears" actually enjoy it. Take it from them, let them face a few good players and make them leave aswell.

If this game claimes to be realistic then it should allow ganks.(And I actually liked the realy big pull circles + instaclose)

This is a very good post. Very honest and goes directly to the point.

Right now when gear > skill, signaling perk would give even bigger advantage for gankers, at least for some time. Why they really should balance gear.

Gank + Gear players leaving? When they introduced this many players already left the game. It can be that more players would come back than leave.

Like I said in another thread. Ganks should be in the game but the game should not be about ganks.

They could also remove rewards and insurance from battles where your side has much more BR. You can gank but you are not encouraged to do so.

There are also multireps that could be fixed. Gear could be more balanced and not support speed meta as strongly. They could make 5th rate gear, including books, easy to get for all.

Many ways to make this less gank oriented.

Another pro tip for Slim.

Do missions, get the best books. Grind more PvE, get enough money to buy best upgrades. You can upgrade your Fir ship to Teak with better upgrades. Christendom and Wraith have all the best gear and they have been playing long. The best gear will remove their gear advantage which will greatly increase your change to win. At least you can first time really check how good players they really are or are they.

• Like 3

Where did anybody ask for signaling perk back?

Battle should stay open forever, with ever growing 1.5x BR.

There shouldn't be locked 1v1's

But a 2v1 should not be a guaranteed victory either.

If a frigate tags another frigate and a friend wants to join, bring a small ship that doesn't absolutely roflstomp  the other side with 2x the guns.

Repairs should be limited too.

Let real skill shine, not ganks. Seriously who actually advocates for something so extreme and negative like 1v10 ganks? You really have no idea what's good for the game if you think that's better than having moderately equal battles enforced. Do you like shit pvp or are you just that trash you have to gank? You must fetishize ganking because you've been made so salty by them. Newsflash, it's just a game. It's not about uber punishing your enemy, it's about having fun. Ganks are not fun no matter how much your deluded opinions say they are.

The maxim is true, if left to their devices players will optimized the fun out of their own game. Very evident that some of you really have ill intentions and aim to play this game in the most severe way possible. Absolutely Toxic.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

Why do you still think this will fly in OW with the wargamers, "playing it smart" guys, "playing with friends" dudes, sandboxers and "I don't like closed battles no matter what" players?

I want what you want, but we can't have it in general OW (apparently).

Some of us have focused on patrol zone RoE to enable our kind of fun. If we limit special RoE to patrol zones we have a realistic hope of getting it.

Your posting history has been pro-sandbox. Sandbox = gankbox. It's inevitable for you to experience cognitive dissonance if you uphold sandbox ideals but dislike ganking.

I'm not having a go at you; I empathize strongly but wonder how you sort these things in your mind.

Sandbox doesn't have to mean completely barren of anything interesting. Sandbox with toys I call it.
Some people think this game is completely fine as it is, those are the people you should worry about, because they never gave good reasons WHY it's fine the way it is. 
Some things need limiting, some things need moderating and some things need arbitration in order to create a healthy game environment.
Some things need to change in order for that to happen.

Nothing is black and white, nothing is set in stone. Opinions shift over time, mine especially. That's not me being unfaithful to my ideas, that's my ideas adapting over time.
If your response to ganks is "hurr just gank them back XD" then you're dumb,  blind and spiteful.

I've mad a few biased suggestions, not gonna lie. I know when I'm doing it, but most especially my recent one's are not bias and actually ideas I think will improve the game on a serious level.

If you think ganking is good for the game, or even some fun you're one weird ass type of person, sandboxer or not.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Let real skill shine, not ganks. Seriously who actually advocates for something so extreme and negative like 1v10 ganks? You really have no idea what's good for the game if you think that's better than having moderately equal battles enforced. Do you like shit pvp or are you just that trash you have to gank? You must fetishize ganking because you're so salty. Newsflash, it's just a game. It's not about uber punishing your enemy, it's about having fun. Ganks are not fun no matter how much your deluded opinions say they are.

You primarily sail alone and defensively in waters that are heavily ganked by multiple nations.  The East Coast.  Branch out more and solo hunt elsewhere.  I don't know if I've ever actually seen you get a kill on combat news, so if you do collect doubloons from PVP you must be doing it with other people...aka ganks.  

This is a MMORPG with an emphasis on multiplayer.  It's meant to be played with and against others.  Solo hunting, while still viable, should be the exception rather than the rule.  I've done my share of solo hunting up on the east coast, spanish area and down by belize.....it's not easy.  It's far easier to go out in a group and gank, which is why everyone does it.  You've been a rather big proponent of Admin and his doubloons change, well this doubloons change does nothing but encourage ganking since they are 100% necessary.  You can't have it both ways.  Marks or Doubloons will always encourage ganking in numbers.    

1A9998A74BD69A5A4B3D6B1C6318DC97AEACDEC3

Here's a failed gank by your nation in US waters.  Looks like fun.  Not all battles in this game are won by superior numbers.

TLDR - whine less on the forums and go out and hunt.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

ROE in OW is one thing - they should stay as they are if we want to have some realism.

Right now though doubloons promote ganks even more. You won against a nice gank and earned a lot of doubloons? Great, now the same guys will wait for you with their friends, to get your prize back. If you defeat them next time, no problem - they'll bring more numbers and get more doubloons from you. Solo hunting is discouraged, ganking is encouraged.

It's also an issue that there's no place on the map where players who want even fights could have quick PvP. If we had eg Patrol Zones without ganking, gankers could still have rest of the open world, or simply try to catch ships trying to go into the Patrol Zone, while people who want somewhat even fights would have somewhere to go to.

• Like 6