Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

admin

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This argument is getting so effing tired.....

EVERYONE who has played this game for more than a month has experienced EXACTLY what you describe....  You act as if getting farmed/ganked/trolled is something new.

It is not.

The difference is some people adapt their play-style/improve/find ways to mitigate loss/persevere/don't bow to meta/etc.

My constructive criticism (as someone who's experienced the misery of being a new player in the US faction):

* Instead of ripping on players for playing the game (i.e attacking enemies), use your forum power to advocate for an addition starting point for the US faction.  Like the                                           French and other factions have.

That's incredibly useful double the areas new players can get farmed in, genious

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This argument is getting so effing tired.....

EVERYONE who has played this game for more than a month has experienced EXACTLY what you describe....  You act as if getting farmed/ganked/trolled is something new.

It is not.

The difference is some people adapt their play-style/improve/find ways to mitigate loss/persevere/don't bow to meta/etc.

My constructive criticism (as someone who's experienced the misery of being a new player in the US faction):

* Instead of ripping on players for playing the game (i.e attacking enemies), use your forum power to advocate for an addition starting point for the US faction.  Like the                                           French and other factions have.

They don't need additional starting point they need safe zones that work to protect the casuals and noobs that don't want to be farmed.  Safe zones should never be prime hunting grounds for guys that are to lazy to go find proper PvP.   The other thing we have to many nations and if they merged US with GB the US coast could be made the GB second area so yes I have been avicating for things to be fixed along with many others.  Devs can fix the issues by making the zones properly safe zones instead of as per @admin, "Free Gank Zones" as he once called them.   Knowing that is all they are.  Until these are fix we won't have our numbers back.  And telling folks to go play on PvE is a cheese cop out for not wanting to fix a problem that needs to be fix.

• Like 3

Go defend your nation mates. Fight alongside them. That's how you teach them, that's how I learned, fighting alongside the guys that were, and are, better than me in combat.

Also, play all ships FFS... half goes up to big beats with no idea what are the weaknesses of the ships they never used and then cry they are "impossible" to fight against.

Anyway, enough of this farce and offtopic. Sorry everyone.

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I think this is incredibly important.  The US time zone have a huge potential player base and by their nature, they (mostly) will only sail under a US flag.  Parking them up it the corner of the map has got to be hurting player population.

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But your not still getting killed over and over?   Some guys are and that all they know of this game.  Is getting smashed by the capital gankers.  NOt ever one is perfect elite expert Privateer Hetwill the Red.   Until you guys live the shoes of most casuals you will never know how it is.  Agian I known folks that have played this game for two years, never got a PvP kill but been killed hundreds of times.   Those are the guys we need to keep around.   You really should of came to a nation that is full of casuals and sail with some of these guys.  Many of them still don't even know how to manual sale, but you expect them to jump up and learn and be as good as you.   Not every one got the time or skill for that.  

Bet you if @admin let folks look up there data from this.  It will tell a diffrent story about who is having fun and who isn't cause they can't just play the game and enjoy it without being gankd every time they go out.  Lets see how many kills the high death side of the data gives you?  There are many players that aren't having fun and we are loosing them over and over and they aren't coming back.  

Nobody expects players to be pros immediately.

What MOST players expect is that new players will put in the time to LEARN and realize WHY they are losing all the time.  And find ways to mitigate their losses.

Half the problem, IMO, is that new players are immediately told/of the mindset that "bigger is better".  This is patently false.  If you want to improve, sail small, easily replaceable ships and be bold and not afraid to lose them.   LEARN what works and what doesnt.  

YES, it helps to be in a clan.  This is primarily a multiplayer game.

YES, the game is time intensive.  We all agree on this.

YES, the game has a steep learning curve.  Nobody likes a game that is mastered after a week.

YES, the game can be frustrating at times.  I've rage-quit more times than I can count.

YES, I agree that we need to have more content for casual players.  That was the point of DLC's and missions.

But the constant asking to dumb-down the game is, IMO, not helpful.  The game is ALWAYS going to appeal to a niche-type crowd.  Trying to retain interest of players who NEVER play a game for more than a few hundred hours is pointless.  And that's OK.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Custard said:

That's incredibly useful double the areas new players can get farmed in, genious

You can't be "farmed" if you're spread out, GENIUS.

Ahhh, the delicious irony of someone who cannot even spell "genius" attempting to mock someone else's intelligence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

You can't be "farmed" if you're spread out, GENIUS.

Ahhh, the delicious irony of someone who cannot even spell "genius" attempting to mock someone else's intelligence.

mishspellers of the world untie

However your deflection doesn't alter the fact that the GB new players, for example, get farmed and they have two starting points your suggestion to give the US faction another starting point has no merit.

2 minutes ago, Custard said:

mishspellers of the world untie

However your deflection doesn't alter the fact that the GB new players, for example, get farmed and they have two starting points your suggestion to give the US faction another starting point has no merit.

New players have ALWAYS been farmed.  Like they are in nearly EVERY game.

Unlike you, however, I suggested ways to mitigate the farming and losses resulting from it.....

You may take your doom and gloom elsewhere, sir.

10 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

New players have ALWAYS been farmed.  Like they are in nearly EVERY game.

Unlike you, however, I suggested ways to mitigate the farming and losses resulting from it.....

You may take your doom and gloom elsewhere, sir.

I call BS on this cause it's not like every game. I know a lot of games that either don't allow you to PvP at a certain level or have safe zones where you can't PvP.  In fact most MMO's restrict the PvP zones to a very small part of the game while most of the rest of the game is for PvE.   No one is asking to dumb down the game, just make it some these folks can enjoy there game too and they will stick around longer.  Green zones should never be the main source of PvP for most players.  We have 99% of the rest of the map for that.  They should be where new players and casuals can grow and enjoy the game.  

I would prefer a game with 1000 players than a game with.....hold on let me check...164 right now..  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, van der Decken said:

If 1st and 2nd rates aren't rare enough, why not also make them take longer to craft, not just cost more dbl? Ship building is still tied to labor hours, right? Raise those labor hours 10fold or more. If people are hoarding those LH for 1st and 2nd rates, they will have less LH to produce smaller ships.

imo they should remove LH and instead have crafting time, e.g. 1 week for a 1st rate, 4 days for a 2nd rate and 1 day for a third rate, 4th would take x hours and 5th and down would be instant. Limit use of alts, make them rarer and "expensive" to loose.

The labour contracts could be used as extra "labour force" like it is today, but the crafting time would be reduced by x hours

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, Custard said:

the fact that the GB new players, for example, get farmed and they have two starting points your suggestion to give the US faction another starting point has no merit

There are a lot more GB players because they have more options.  All Nations get farmed to a degree.  The US player base is stuck up in a corner and that is a separate issue.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vazco said:

Ok, accept the bet then :)

First of all I haven’t set a price on what the dbl, will end on. Second all I stated is that in the end @admin can make sure what it will be. Third I only have 6k dbl, so cant bet 50 k. I don’t bet with something I don’t Have. 

But if @admin garanties the price is under 50 real for a Dbl, I am ready to bet my 6 k.

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Well on THAT point we can agree....  Green zones should definitely NOT be the main source of PvP for most players.

Agreed.  

The population is the problem. Capital zones are populated, so the hunters go there for kills. Without 800-1000 players on the server it is not going to be any better. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Porpoise said:

Agreed.  

The population is the problem. Capital zones are populated, so the hunters go there for kills. Without 800-1000 players on the server it is not going to be any better. 

unknown.png

none of these are in capital zone

• Like 2