Game-Labs Forum

Where are my Forged Papers ?

So,

I understand the thought process behind trying to take more money from the limited player base. Since there are so few, you need to rape the ones you do have for all they are worth. Although many of us paid full pop for this game in an alpha stage (40 freaking dollars), now you've gone and removed my forged papers and replaced them with $20 DLC? Wth?

I work a lot,.. I mean A LOT.. sometimes, like recently, I need to work 14-16 hrs a day 6-7 days a week for months on end. This restricts my ability to jump into a game as complex as Naval Action. When I do have a chance to pop in, it sure would be nice to take advantage of the expensive game I've paid for. 

I recently discovered that my redeemable forged papers have been removed. I returned hoping to get some fun and sink some ships, but it turns out my clan is a ghost town and the nation is filled with Russian speakers that I cannot effectively communicate with. Now I would like to move along, as my clan mates have done, but I am unable without paying an additional $20 in DLC to move nations. That's insane. This game is holding me in an ineffective position and has ruined my trust. It's sad to see something so cool be pounded into the ground by stupid decisions.

I'm sure I'm not alone in needing to take extended gaps of play, but to punish me for not being able to log-on is total garbage.

Here's my suggestion, return my papers, and allow alternative options for earning more papers, other than paying you more cash. I've already paid enough.

-Gagarin

• Like 4

Captain, Redeemables clearance was announced in February and completed in the middle of March. It was announced in Steam news, Steam forum news and this forum as well.

Please check it:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791441124315/announcements/detail/1664516071239460102

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/15/1700542332324190361/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/15/1698293703767690893/

• Like 1

I appreciate your quick response.

I understand they were wiped an replaced, but I just got done working insane hours for the last few months (since February). I work in film and VFX, so much like game development, there is a general understanding that deadlines and crunch time takes its toll on artists. The time of the announcement is truly unfortunate for me, I suppose. It's just a bit ridiculous that there is monetization of something that could potentially lock you out of playing the game in any real way with friends. 

It's a choice you all have the right to make, but it puts me in the position of deciding to pay another $20 to keep playing, or move on to something else. I don't want to leave this game completely, but I see no point in shelling out more cash to developers who do not consider the consequences of those decisions. If you would like to drive your player base out of your game, this is a fantastic way to do it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

It's EA. Expect nothing for granted. Forge papers as free redeemable were a test. 

This early access door swings both ways.  Why do we have paid DLCs for a game that has yet to be released.  Should we really have to pay extra to “test” this game from different nations?

• Like 3

Why? ,..... should all change nation? 

There is no need for it. 

And never was.

it is funny that people want to change there nation flag;  or is it the zerg.. and the popular guy, or follow the leader of the criminals. or the goodie stuff interpreted by the developer who changes the harbor port...

I have nothing with nation flag changers. only the traitor and a criminal has a benefit for it.

I remember the big words in the back of my mind

what can you do for your nation instead of what can your nation do for you.

let's see...? ...? ... what shall I choose .....China...o.O or the Mexicans o.O...ohhh... Nooo! wft

flags are coming...soon ...lol

A good advice is: choose wisely before you start.

(perhaps a neutral flag for the first rank is an option and after the tutorial, you must make a choice for the nation..you want to enlist for[what can be a part of the tut] improvement )

Edited by Thonys

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

This early access door swings both ways.  Why do we have paid DLCs for a game that has yet to be released.  Should we really have to pay extra to “test” this game from different nations?

Because we said we are willing to pay extra 😉 maybe not you but majority.

Like we said we would pay extra for ships, slots, paints etc

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Changing faction is normally something you pay for in mmos for every change I think. Atleast here you can change every month with namechange rtc

In released games you mean.  Because in beta/early access testing you can usually cancel and create new characters over and over. To “test”.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

Because we said we are willing to pay extra 😉 maybe not you but majority.

Like we said we would pay extra for ships, slots, paints etc

I’ve paid my share of the DLC tax.  

I’m merely saying the “early access” line being used as a blanket for all things wrong or not created in this game needs to stop.  

This game has 4 DLCs and it has not even been released yet.  I’m not sure that’s a good thing.  

Edited by Christendom

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

In released games you mean.  Because in beta/early access testing you can usually cancel and create new characters over and over. To “test”.

I’ve paid my share of the DLC tax.  

I’m merely saying the “early access” line being used as a blanket for all things wrong or not created in this game needs to stop.  

This game has 4 DLCs and it has not even been released yet.  I’m not sure that’s a good thing.  

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/dlc

Best Practices

DLC can be a great way to offer value to the customers that are interested in investing deeper in the product, it can also have non-monetary costs of customer perception that are harder to measure. It might not be a good idea to launch with a DLC on day 1 as customers may perceive that the full game was ready to release but you chose to take away content from the game to make more money through a paid DLC.

Sure game is not released. But dlcs are not necessary to play the game and "We" asked for them. May I remind you that we had a test server but nobody used it (even things were given for free). One reason might be that many folks treat the game like it is already released so why devs have to be any different. I mean its community developement - they do what we ask for. All sides have to take a good look at themselves.

6 hours ago, Thonys said:

Why? ,..... should all change nation? 

There is no need for it. 

And never was.

it is funny that people want to change there nation flag;  or is it the zerg.. and the popular guy, or follow the leader of the criminals. or the goodie stuff interpreted by the developer who changes the harbor port...

I have nothing with nation flag changers. only the traitor and a criminal has a benefit for it.

I'm not trying to change nation for any nefarious reasons. Just want to play with my buddies who all left the Russian nation. I have enjoyed my time as a Russian, but I simply don't want to play alone. I don't think that's a crazy ask. 

If NO ONE could change nations, this wouldn't be a problem, but the offer was made through forged papers to move around. Obviously I was not available back in March when the cutoff took place, so I could not take advantage of them the way other players did. Now I am stuck. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I do understand a need to make sure people aren't nation hopping like crazy, but they aren't really doing that. If you can change nations every 30 days by paying $20, that invalidates any argument about preventing that behavior. If anything else, it gives someone free license to do so.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/dlc

Sure game is not released. But dlcs are not necessary to play the game and "We" asked for them. May I remind you that we had a test server but nobody used it (even things were given for free). One reason might be that many folks treat the game like it is already released so why devs have to be any different. I mean its community developement - they do what we ask for. All sides have to take a good look at themselves.

We are already on the test server.  Technically.  I didn't ask for DLCs.  The only "request" players have made for DLCs have been in the form of paints.  Not premium ships or forged papers.  

It might not be a good idea to launch with a DLC on day 1 as customers may perceive that the full game was ready to release but you chose to take away content from the game to make more money through a paid DLC.  hmmmmm

My point in all this is we need to stop excusing little quirks or stuff that has yet to be fixed on "oh it's still early access".  If they are already charging DLCs then they have already put their big boy pants on and assumed the role of a game ready for release.    

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

We are already on the test server.  Technically.  I didn't ask for DLCs.  The only "request" players have made for DLCs have been in the form of paints.  Not premium ships or forged papers.  

It might not be a good idea to launch with a DLC on day 1 as customers may perceive that the full game was ready to release but you chose to take away content from the game to make more money through a paid DLC.  hmmmmm

My point in all this is we need to stop excusing little quirks or stuff that has yet to be fixed on "oh it's still early access".  If they are already charging DLCs then they have already put their big boy pants on and assumed the role of a game ready for release.    

:o I smell mass effect 3 there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rediii said:

Changing faction is normally something you pay for in mmos for every change I think. Atleast here you can change every month with namechange rtc

Players like him don't invest 4000 hours like us. I cannot complain but 20 euros for him to swap once it is alot of money. Stuff like this needs to be a one time payment and switch. This means every time you switch you pay 5 euro. Maybe the devs could add a cheaper one time usable forged paper dlc? I think that could be a cheaper solution for the more casual gamer. 

• Like 1

WoW faction change is 30€ everytime you do it. 20€ for a change every 30 days is cheap. And it gets cheaper the more you use it. I keep mine on cd.

@Capt Gagarin And by the way you can still play with your friends without switching nation. You can join any of their ow battle as long they dont attack a player of your nation.

Edited by z4ys

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

WoW is also a finished game

If people are testing they dont need that dlc. Because testing  includes testing low lvl gameplay as well. If in the other hand they handle the game likle a finished product because they want to keep their stuff. They have to buy the dlc.

Forge papers were tested they were a success they are now tested as dlc :P

Edited by z4ys

I am thinking of getting the Forged Papers DLC. Can I change the Player Name. Is it possible to just change the Player Name whilst staying in the same nation without messing about closing ports and moving ships and resources to free towns etc? 

Buster (aka Mother Teresa)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel