Game-Labs Forum

Workaround for occasional ship control loss.

Ink

Captains, 

Rarely some of you may experience a sudden complete loss of control of your vessel in battle.

This can happen very rarely in case of heavy packet loss: game loses connection to a server and cannot re-establish the connection. It usually feels like you have lost all control of the ship.

Workaround
If you experience this in battle - please relogin to the game immediately. This will re-establish connection and you will be able to control a ship again.

We plan to add a visual indication of such connection loss in the future which will first show that you lost connection for some time and then drop you to login screen so you can quickly take action to return the control.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is good to know because Ive always been told that this was because we were typing in the chat field without knowing it so it just seemed like we had lost control.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, Ink said:

Captains, 

Rarely some of you may experience a sudden complete loss of control of your vessel in battle.

This can happen very rarely in case of heavy packet loss: game loses connection to a server and cannot re-establish the connection. It usually feels like you have lost all control of the ship.

Workaround
If you experience this in battle - please relogin to the game immediately. This will re-establish connection and you will be able to control a ship again.

We plan to add a visual indication of such connection loss in the future which will first show that you lost connection for some time and then drop you to login screen so you can quickly take action to return the control.

@admin @Ink I experienced something like this this evening during a fleet mission, i also had a fire on the ship that put me into fire shock whilst still having survival on couldn't turn my crew from guns or sailing finally got dc'ed and could not log into the game again got stuck on finding the login servers, unfortunately lost my L'ocean  cause of this, also have a witness to this @Msk who was there in the mission I didn’t lose connection to ts or discord and could also log into other steam games 

Edited by Rebrall

• 3 months later...

Hello ! I have just lost my Aggie in a 4th rate battle. I had no control of my sails and lost my ship. I have just read the post about re login but was unaware of this fix until now. Can i have my ship back please?  regards from Thomas in Wiltshire UK

13 hours ago, scottydog said:

Hello ! I have just lost my Aggie in a 4th rate battle. I had no control of my sails and lost my ship. I have just read the post about re login but was unaware of this fix until now. Can i have my ship back please?  regards from Thomas in Wiltshire UK

Captain, have you sent a F11 report? Are you sure you did not activate Brace command?

• 3 months later...

Same here, I've had this a few times and it is only the sails. I can use the rudder, fire, rep etc but the sails won't move or go back to the auto position. It lasts for about a minute and then control returns. Would that still be a packet loss issue? I would have thought you would lose everything?

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo 'The Thief' said:

Same here, I've had this a few times and it is only the sails. I can use the rudder, fire, rep etc but the sails won't move or go back to the auto position. It lasts for about a minute and then control returns. Would that still be a packet loss issue? I would have thought you would lose everything?

Captain, did you report it via F11?

• 4 months later...

Hello!  A clan member of HYDRA is having issues with loss of control of his ship. We have advised him to ....

Disconnect and restart the game

Check integrity of game Files.

Check proper function of Key board.

Reinstall NA.

After doing this our Player still has no control of his ship.

His English is not good, (He is German), so he asked me to contact you about this.

Regards from Thomas in the Chaotic Dis United Kingdom.

3 hours ago, scottydog said:

Hello!  A clan member of HYDRA is having issues with loss of control of his ship. We have advised him to ....

Disconnect and restart the game

Check integrity of game Files.

Check proper function of Key board.

Reinstall NA.

After doing this our Player still has no control of his ship.

His English is not good, (He is German), so he asked me to contact you about this.

Regards from Thomas in the Chaotic Dis United Kingdom.

Please ask him to send F11 report (he can write in German)

1 hour ago, MacaroniMax said:

I keep having my ship do I full turn before I fire ,It has been this way since I bought the game in July and when I started playing on the PVP server.PVE was fine and that was my first run at NA. 

Captain, could you please rephrase what the problem are you experiencing?

• 3 months later...

well, for me, it's not occasional, it's every bot-battle I do on PVE. I join the battle, then i loose control over my ship and then it wants me to relogin ....where i'm stuck again in battle. the other ships can shoot me, i can't shoot back :(

22 hours ago, moin said:

so any idea on this?

please try the general workaround for connection issues:

check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters

On 7/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, moin said:

well, for me, it's not occasional, it's every bot-battle I do on PVE. I join the battle, then i loose control over my ship and then it wants me to relogin ....where i'm stuck again in battle. the other ships can shoot me, i can't shoot back :(

have the same Problem :-/

few days ago it still workds fine ... so seems to be no problem with the ports or other programs

17 hours ago, moin said:

nope, didn't work ...and lost my mercury in a test battle

disabled kaspaersky complete, disabled microsoft defender opened all ports in the router, didn't work

Could you please try those two workarounds:

1)

2)

Also, do you have an option to temporary test the game via mobile internet? (or any other internet source)

3 hours ago, Ink said:

Could you please try those two workarounds:

1)

2)

Also, do you have an option to temporary test the game via mobile internet? (or any other internet source)

Problem persists. i noticed that the error occurs only when fighting npc from the open world, kill missions against npc`s are not affected.

19 hours ago, XploX said:

Problem persists. i noticed that the error occurs only when fighting npc from the open world, kill missions against npc`s are not affected.

Battle instances with kill missions are lighter in terms of connection demand than instances started from Open World, thus the problem might still be about connection/side programs. Could you please make sure to check the general workaround for connection issues:

On 7/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, Ink said:

please try the general workaround for connection issues:

check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters

Also, do you have an option to temporary test the game on a different source of connection or another PC?

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Battle instances with kill missions are lighter in terms of connection demand than instances started from Open World, thus the problem might still be about connection/side programs. Could you please make sure to check the general workaround for connection issues:

Also, do you have an option to temporary test the game on a different source of connection or another PC?

the ports are free and not blocked, have also turned off the antivirus program. other programs apart from steam were not turned on for testing. i don`t have another computer or laptop to test it there. i just don`t understand why it works a few days ago and suddenly not anymore. 

*frustrating*

• 3 weeks later...