Game-Labs Forum

Safezone? Yes! For max lvl too? No!

26 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

No it is not... i miss a real open world sandbox PVP mmorpg.... I want to sail around the world want to craft my owen stuff and will permanteny been able to attack/get attacked on open world... thats what i want... a real simulation...

nothing against a safezone or a spot for newbys but not a safezone for everyone and all the time

You want to sail without safe zones and have a life of risk

11 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

the game stops me... i get my PvP also in my own safezone i dont have to drive away for it and i dont really like that...

But the game stops you ...

drum roll

So why dont you join Prussia, Russia or Poland? Because those nations are exactly what you want.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

You want to sail without safe zones and have a life of risk

But the game stops you ...

drum roll

So why dont you join Prussia, Russia or Poland? Because those nations are exactly what you want.

Thats a real good question... but i still cant attack the biggest part of the community because they are sitting on a PVP SERVER in safezones and earn money, build ships and lvl without a Need to leave the safezone

2 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

Thats a real good question... but i still cant attack the biggest part of the community because they are sitting on a PVP SERVER in safezones and earn money, build ships and lvl without a Need to leave the safezone

http://store.steampowered.com/app/785910/Naval_Action__Prolific_Forger/ ;)

Current workaround: become a streamer get stream sniped. pvp will find you. And if you are bad more will come

Edited by z4ys

5 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

so we get to the point you want to pvp with those that dont ...well thats kind of tough ... you want to spoil someone elses game to satisfy your own ... sounds selfish to me

• Like 4

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

it isnt really funny... because youre always turing the words in my mouth and make it ridicoulus.... is this english xD

The Problem will be the same.. so i am prussian... i dont have a safezone.. thats all good... but all the others still got their safezone... that means i am playing on a PvP server while the biggest part of the community is still in safezones ... for real ???

But its okay i want something other that the game could offer me....  It s just fun... but i think this game could bee so much better...

Thats not polite.... you say i am selfish or what ever because i want a real opem world PvP Game ??? really...
I can also say you want get attacked but Play on a PVP server thats also not a polite answer and it isnt constructive...

But i feel so wrong now if i start NA again... i really have to argue that i could be a Problem for a game if all is possible without leaving safezone... that makes me sad... i had a hope... good hope that this would be sandbox PvP game.... something like POTBS something like Bounty Bay...

But ye its okay... it is mainly a PvE server with the possibility for PvP'er to leave safezones and get PvP... thats not my Definition of a PvP server but is ok

1 hour ago, admin said:

I have to resort to camping enemy zones and dont pve at all. I am often ignored unless enemy have 7x advantage.

What i am saying is that pvp ing - atacking my ship 2v1 or 1v1 is not happening even though sinking my ship might give 10 marks to enemy (which at current prices greatly exceed the cost of building and fitting 2-3 similar vessels. 

So i will repeat. No reward will force player out of the safety zone. If someone wants pvp he is already out there somewhere - chasing or running. Those who are in the safe zone they dont want out and no incentive will force them.

UNLESS pvp is the only way to progress

Hey admin, how about if you're in a clan at war with an enemy clan, you can be attacked by them in safezone without reinforcements. This would solve the many complaints of safezones being overbearing on the game and give players the PVP they want where they want, without rubbing up with PVE players.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

10 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

But ye its okay... it is mainly a PvE server with the possibility for PvP'er to leave safezones and get PvP...

Thats what the game became after patch 10.x as we tried out the hardcore way and only a handful liked it. I had 4-8 battles each gaming session i reall really enjoyed the time. For me that was a real Age of sail experience. But .... now i just can hope the game doesnt stay flat as it now i am really looking forward to some improvments that might hit in the near future. But carezones are the least evil.

Edited by z4ys

8 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

The Problem will be the same.. so i am prussian... i dont have a safezone.. thats all good... but all the others still got their safezone... that means i am playing on a PvP server while the biggest part of the community is still in safezones ... for real ???

But you just said its not about others. 

No it is not... i miss a real open world sandbox PVP mmorpg.... I want to sail around the world want to craft my owen stuff and will permanteny been able to attack/get attacked on open world... thats what i want... a real simulation...

nothing against a safezone or a spot for newbys but not a safezone for everyone and all the time

You said you want to sail the world and get attacked  without any safety. Prussia gives you that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

But i feel so wrong now if i start NA again... i really have to argue that i could be a Problem for a game if all is possible without leaving safezone... that makes me sad... i had a hope... good hope that this would be sandbox PvP game.... something like POTBS something like Bounty Bay...

But ye its okay... it is mainly a PvE server with the possibility for PvP'er to leave safezones and get PvP... thats not my Definition of a PvP server but is ok

I think sir, although this server is technically the PVP server, you should embrace the fact that it is a PVE - PvP server meaning both are diluted.

Like a single player campaign total war game with mp drop in battles.

I hope this realisation let’s you sleep easier    At night,it’s tiring swimming against the tide. :) .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

That is your problem right there.  Until you realize this, nothing will improve.

Nothing else in your post will do a single thing to fix that issue and much of it is counter productive.  The idea that this game will survive with 300/400 players a night is laughable.

So what's your point exactly? PvE players playing solo in the greenzone is good for the player numbers in a MMO game even tho those players could very well be offline and nothing would change other than the player number counter?

3 minutes ago, Tac said:

I think sir, although this server is technically the PVP server, you should embrace the fact that it is a PVE - PvP server meaning both are diluted.

we once proposed to remove all ai from the pvp server some time ago but even pvp players were against that.
This was of course before the hardcore patch

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

But you just said its not about others. 

You said you want to sail the world and get attacked  without any safety. Prussia gives you that.

Sure HE can get attacked whenever, but the other nations? Nope can't do that they're protected by AI. Little PVP to be done. It's like E.V.E highsec hand holding but worse because there is no incentive to not use reinforcements like there is in EVE where joining a corps at war means free rules of engagement anywhere.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Sure HE can get attacked whenever, but the other nations? Nope can't do that they're protected by AI. Little PVP to be done. It's like E.V.E highsec hand holding but worse because there is no incentive to not have reinforcements. 

this

1 hour ago, Fletch67 said:

Do you read the combat news channel in game? All you will see is ships being sunk. There is plenty of action going on you just need to stop crying on the forums 

You cant force people to do anything, best way to get people out the safe zones is recruit them into your pvp clans and make good use of them. or provide lucrative game content that will drag people out.

Combat news dont lie. if there was no pvp combat news would be empty.

If we could fit PVP and PVE inside safezones without interfering with each other, that would be the best thing. Everyone wants to go to populated areas for PVP, have the PVP missions but don't hard force PVP outside of populated areas. You're just pushing against a wall doing that.

Right off the bat players will be exposed to PVP and know what this game is about, it won't just be something you only get in far away PBs and freeports. PVP shouldn't be alienated to any section of the map, promoted in areas yes, excluded no. A lot and I mean A LOT of people want to see PVP return to the areas around capitals, including me. I simply will not subject myself to sailing many hours to fight in a battle way far away from the front lines of Nation v Nation, there is no such thing as clan V clan as we have it so that is my only choice.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Landsman said:

So what's your point exactly? PvE players playing solo in the greenzone is good for the player numbers in a MMO game even tho those players could very well be offline and nothing would change other than the player number counter?

Its because not only PvE players hide in a safezone.... most of the players do that....

Lets show yout what a PvP player do in a safezone.... he will craft his ship in it, he earn his money in it, he would lvl most of his ships in it.. and at the end if he got his super boat he goes out and attack somebody... but the problem is, because all the others do the same you will allways seen not many players outside because you spend most of your time inside the safezone to get ready for PvP... 

My aspect was that PvP should been a part of the game... most of the time... you should been able to get attacked and attack guys while they transport theyre oak planks to theiir shipyard.. you should been able to attack guys while they lvling theyre boat  or driving to buy some iron.... but if the game should make that possilbe you need to leave the safezone. and aslong you dont need to leave it to get ready for PvP you wouldnt do it... thats also the reason i think because all the guys are camping safezones... they camp it because the most players are there.. you will as good as never seen a trader outside the savezone...

And Admin.. sry but it is so ridicoulus to discuss with some of you... You told me go to Prussia there you have no safezone... that changed nothing because the most of the players are still in savezones and do theyre business... i dont wanna tell sb what he have to doo.. But i think if you "yea i say it again" compare this aspect of the open world PvP with Pirates of the Burning see, it was much better.... because you was allway been able to get attacked .... you get attacked while you transport you goods to your shipyards... while trading while activ looking for PVP...

But OK let it bee... i see its the wrong game for mee.. but its not my fault if you still thinking this is a open world PvP game... it is not... the main focus of this game is beein in safezones.. and the game honor that.. the game is made for beeing much of the time in safezones.... still if you got 10 000 players, most of them are in safezone because they ( I repeat) can do all they need in safezone without leaving it.. they will only leave for active PvP... ant that is in my oppinion to lesss...

Edited by the Kidd

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let's face the truth, combat news are full of newbies/rookies seal clubbed, players getting ganked, traders killed, players caught in the edge of safe zone or in NPC battle in reinforcement zone. There is no meaningful PvP, Revenge fleets are a cancer, speed meta is still at its best. We have now 10x more speed mods than a year ago, we took a big step back.

true...

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Let's face the truth, combat news are full of newbies/rookies seal clubbed, players getting ganked, traders killed, players caught in the edge of safe zone or in NPC battle in reinforcement zone. There is no meaningful PvP, Revenge fleets are a cancer, speed meta is still at its best. We have now 10x more speed mods than a year ago, we took a big step back.

Not to mention combat news isn't the slightest visually interesting. I'd rather have a nice little tick on the map, get a quick look at what areas are hot instead of a list of grey ports that doesn't even go back the whole day.

• Like 1

Create mechanics that FORCE players to leave the safe zones.  PVP marks are not mechanics.  They're lazy bandaids on a wound that is not healing.

- A couple on the fly solutions/suggestions - 

- if we must have stupid RNG ships, make them only craftable outside capital regions.  For example, you can craft all the ships you want in KPR...but they will only every be 3/5 standard.  Craft ships in Little Harbor and they have a chance to be 4/5 or 5/5 with attributes.  Crafting ships in other regions will force players to move materials into those regions.

- mission spawns.  Missions above a certain rank should not spawn inside the safe zone.  Nuff said.

- randomized DAILY missions.  Kill 5 NPC ships in this region.  Kill 5 NPC traders in region X. 

- more events that spawn randomly around the map.  Similar to the deadmans chest events.    

- get rid of 11 nations for 700 players.  the nations are so diluted.  

• Like 5

Just now, Christendom said:

Create mechanics that FORCE players to leave the safe zones.  PVP marks are not mechanics.  They're lazy bandaids on a wound that is not healing.

- A couple on the fly solutions/suggestions - 

- if we must have stupid RNG ships, make them only craftable outside capital regions.  For example, you can craft all the ships you want in KPR...but they will only every be 3/5 standard.  Craft ships in Little Harbor and they have a chance to be 4/5 or 5/5 with attributes.  Crafting ships in other regions will force players to move materials into those regions.

- mission spawns.  Missions above a certain rank should not spawn inside the safe zone.  Nuff said.

- randomized DAILY missions.  Kill 5 NPC ships in this region.  Kill 5 NPC traders in region X. 

- more events that spawn randomly around the map.  Similar to the deadmans chest events.    

- get rid of 11 nations for 700 players.  the nations are so diluted.  

Also allow PVP inside safezones with enemy clans that you have a clan war with. Enough with excluding PVP from the most populated areas, you can fit them in without interfering with mission runners.