Game-Labs Forum

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

admin

On 2.2.2018 at 8:17 PM, admin said:

You calculate speeds 
I explain to you why they are like this
and you blame me for misinformation and miscommunication?
What is zis?  Are you sure forums are a right place to discuss things for you if your sensitivity makes you offended by simple answers.

What? I try to point out issues/ to improve based on your information what NA is aiming for. 

Realistic ballistics and cannon performance of the period. This is misinformation.

Then you told me carronades are realistic. A carronade looks like a carronade, thats the only thing thats currently realistic about it. Neither performance/penetration nor trajectories are realistic. Your penetration even contradicts basic physics. You totally ignored that and knowingly lied about trajectories.

Btw. regarding easy aiming, realistic trajectories would mean flatter trajectories and less aim prediction.

Edited by Fargo

29 minutes ago, BPHick said:

The craft RNG "drop rate" is set too high. Needs to be low enough so that regular ships are still worth building/using/selling. (or better yet, just remove it, as it is completely opposed to a player-driven crafting/economy system).

Knowing these devs, the drop rate is almost certainly set way higher than necessary for testing purposes.

55 minutes ago, BPHick said:

The craft RNG "drop rate" is set too high. Needs to be low enough so that regular ships are still worth building/using/selling. (or better yet, just remove it, as it is completely opposed to a player-driven crafting/economy system).

As far as I can tell from the reports of crafters in forum (and in my faction), it's some like 2 out of 5 have a random bonus. 1 out of 10 is purple ... I still have to hear about a golden one.

So it seems to me that they are actually low drop rates.

Edited by victor

2 minutes ago, victor said:

1 out of 10 is purple ...

That's too low considering you will use your best woods...hope we can find another way instead of RNG.  We tried lots of ideas...I think we could spread out the 30 resources needed for the special trims and make port ownership more important as well.

7 minutes ago, victor said:

As far as I can tell from the reports of crafters in forum (and in my faction), it's some like 2 out of 5 have a random bonus. 1 out of 10 is purple ... I still have to hear about a golden one.

So it seems to me that they are actually low drop rates.

40% is too low?

1 minute ago, SS Minnow said:

That's too low considering you will use your best woods...hope we can find another way instead of RNG.  We tried lots of ideas...I think we could spread out the 30 resources needed for the special trims and make port ownership more important as well.

it's not too low: blue quality is the normal ship, purple is the lucky strike, golden ... well ...some like "once in a lifetime" ship

3 minutes ago, BPHick said:

40% is too low?

c'mon ... 40% is for a causal random bonus (that - in most cases - does not even fit with the woods you choose), the real plus are the "purple" + 1 slot and the "gold" + 2 slots. And those DO HAVE a low droprate

Edited by victor

3 minutes ago, victor said:

c'mon ... 40% is for a causal random bonus (that - in most cases - does not even fit with the woods you choose), the real plus are the "purple" + 1 slot and the "gold" + 2 slots. And that ARE a low droprate

see many in markets that fit quite well , and have crafted a few my self. The point is, that at a 40% rate of some kind of perk, there is incentive to craft>scrap>craft until you get a perk that is positive for the ship's intended use. (And if you look at the market in KPR, that is exactly what is happening)

Edited by BPHick

Just now, BPHick said:

see many in markets that fit quite well , and have crafted a few my self. The point is, that at a 40% rate of some kind of perk, there is incentive to craft>scrap>craft until you get a perk that is positive for the ship's intended use.

I am selling right now "normal" (with no bonus) blue ships with no problem at all. Maybe it's because I sell only fully fitted special woods ship, but - frankly speaking - I do not see the problem for now

1 minute ago, victor said:

I am selling right now "normal" (with no bonus) blue ships with no problem at all. Maybe it's because I sell only fully fitted special woods ship, but - frankly speaking - I do not see the problem for now

there are many "blue" ships that have bonuses and additional upgrade slots as well, the color coding is either broken or based on something less obvious.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, victor said:

Una superfrigate no puede girar como una 1ra tasa. Período.

Perfect, but if it is a super frigate, it can not cost 250bp, if we want it so good, that is able to plant battle at a third rate is not logical then it will cost as such ???

10 minutes ago, firebool said:

Perfect, but if it is a super frigate, it can not cost 250bp, if we want it so good, that is able to plant battle at a third rate is not logical then it will cost as such ???

So - in example - a belle poule, which is a ship that CAN actually give battle and sink an agamemnon, shall cost like and agamemnon? Is this a valid argument?

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, victor said:

So - in example - a belle poule, which is a ship that CAN actually give battle and sink an agamemnon, shall cost like and agamemnon? Is this a valid argument?

We would finally end up with every ship being equally expensive! 😀

... because a Surprise again can fight a Belle Poule, a Niagara a Surprise and so on.

Edit:

@firebool

You‘re right to keep an eye on ballance though!

Edited by Navalus Magnus

11 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

because a Surprise again can fight a Belle Poule

Not quite, it'll take the belle poule about 5 charged shots to take out a mast of surp. So if you're precise you can snipe 2 masts (about 80% sails) in not even a broadside worth

• Like 1