Game-Labs Forum

An Argument For Dismasting

18 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

accuracy isnt an issue. Try hitting masts with carros. You can get 50% hitrate close range no problem

lol which is the problem. No matter how thick the masts gets the prob is 1: they made masts thicker and with more hp, but they also made plenty of knowledge/upgrades that makes the change redundant - but only for the players with the knowledges and upgrades. 2: The carros shouldn't hit 50% of the time, but I agree - I hit with approx every two balls and I'm not even running any speed upgrades..

3 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Hachi, I just want the game to give fun for me, for you, for all that play this game. But you and some russian "heroes" only want the game to give fun for yourselves. People are getting tired of one minority setting the rules.

its competitive gaming man. The minority of good players will always be better than the rest. Nothing will change that. You think if they fix masts rubli wont be able to sail to kpr and smash you against 3 to 1 odds?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

lol which is the problem. No matter how thick the masts gets the prob is 1: they made masts thicker and with more hp, but they also made plenty of knowledge/upgrades that makes the change redundant - but only for the players with the knowledges and upgrades. 2: The carros shouldn't hit 50% of the time, but I agree - I hit with approx every two balls and I'm not even running any speed upgrades..

i promise you no one is using penning mods to demast. Its all charged shots. What does speed have to do with demasting?

11 minutes ago, Cabral said:

So you admit they need a fix? :lol:

Ive said it in the past many times. Bottom section needs a slight thickness nerf and HP buff of maybe 20% or 30. Mid section needs a 50% hp buff and top sections 100% hp buff. Even if they balance it people will complain that better player beat them by demasting

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

accuracy isnt an issue. Try hitting masts with carros. You can get 50% hitrate close range no problem

Back when Carros were all we used i could single shot with Carros at 250 meters and have more than 50% hitrate. (Ofcourse i had accuracy mods). 

Point still stand though, nerfing accuracy will not solve the demasting issue and thinking so is silly.

13 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Ive said it in the past many times. Bottom section needs a slight thickness nerf and HP buff of maybe 20% or 30. Mid section needs a 50% hp buff and top sections 100% hp buff. Even if they balance it people will complain that better player beat them by demasting

Yeah and if you take away demasting completely they will cry because someone is better at chaining than them. (And better at protecting their sails therefore taking less damage.) 

Whatever tool a good player may use to win, will be considered OP by some of those he defeats. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Yeah and if you take away demasting completely they will cry because someone is better at chaining than them. (And better at protecting their sails therefore taking less damage.) 

Whatever tool a good player may use to win, will be considered OP by some of those he defeats. 

yeah im afraid of the day they have to nerf the wind because its op

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

i promise you no one is using penning mods to demast. Its all charged shots. What does speed have to do with demasting?

Ffs I meant accuracy upgrades - DON'T READ WHAT I WRITE, READ WHAT I MEAN!

#Ineverwritebeforethinkingthesentencethrough

I disagree with hachi... dismasting is easy, a blind gerbil could do it. Had a fight last night where a surprise only had the bottom section of all three masts. I fired 3 charged balls from my 18 lb stern chasers. I took 3 more sections from other ships in the battle. the other participants in the battle lost their will to continue the fight about that point.

11 hours ago, Malachy said:

I disagree with hachi... dismasting is easy, a blind gerbil could do it. Had a fight last night where a surprise only had the bottom section of all three masts. I fired 3 charged balls from my 18 lb stern chasers. I took 3 more sections from other ships in the battle. the other participants in the battle lost their will to continue the fight about that point.

Suprise aka Toothpick Mcboatface.
I really have nothing else to add to this topic other than to state that im shit at it. But ppl need to stop complaining when someone is better, get out there and train.
Even against AI its worth it, they will continue punishing by punching that hull so you have to switch sides or be quick.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 2

Just now, Lord Bomgordel said:

Suprise aka Toothpick Mcboatface

Wasn't any harder to take sections from the frigate or belle poules in the battle either. 1 shot 1 mast. Also took 2 sections from a wasa I killed the other night the same way. It's kinda ridiculous, you don't even need a ranging shot lol. A sniper with a barret couldn't hit any easier.... blind gerbil indeed. Just one of those things that need addressed before the game goes live.

16 hours ago, Cabral said:

If Moscalb wants to demast you, your rudder won't save you. Btw, I also know and use demast tactic, just think it's ridiculous it became the meta in the game.

Why? I mean honestly...  The French that was their primary tactic. Brits and Americans it was Captains choice really... But most of the time it was as much blind luck as it is in game when you volley fire... I have found last week or so.. Same class ships or bigger it is tough.. even 1 class lower then you not so tough.. which also feels right.. a 4th rate does bad bad things to a 5th rate in a 1 v 1 or it should....

8 hours ago, Callaghan92 said:

its nothing to do with 'getting better' its bullshit when a 1hr 30 min battle ends at pretty much 1hr 20 min left, because of some stupid 'meta game' because the devs refuse to fix the issues, its not fun, and the game will die from it.

What issue?  Be glad the Devs haven't coded the lines that hold the mast up for damage...  If they did a couple good chain volleys and 1 good Ball and you would likely be shot a mast.. Also be VERY happy the mast falls away and vanishes and doesn't lay across the ship or half in the water half out blocking a broadside and acting as a drag anchor. Boy imagine the crying then....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Malachy said:

Wasn't any harder to take sections from the frigate or belle poules in the battle either. 1 shot 1 mast. Also took 2 sections from a wasa I killed the other night the same way. It's kinda ridiculous, you don't even need a ranging shot lol. A sniper with a barret couldn't hit any easier.... blind gerbil indeed. Just one of those things that need addressed before the game goes live.

That is simply not true. Even a 42 medium with double ball will not dismast a surprise in one shot. My guess is a min of 4 hits to bottom sec. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

its competitive gaming man. The minority of good players will always be better than the rest. Nothing will change that. You think if they fix masts rubli wont be able to sail to kpr and smash you against 3 to 1 odds?

Then you, and this minority of good players, will have no problem adapting to changes if they are to happen!

13 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

It was always the meta, but before only the best could use it. Now we got the mid and top section demasting, we got also more penetration/accuracy mods which we didn't have before and mast thickness mods too. 

Demasting is stupid mostly because of wasa with 32s, able to demast all SOLs without big issue.

I would like to duel you vic vs wasa and see you dismast me without big issue....

54 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I've seen enough in PBs.

That is a claim with no evidence to back it up. As I said vic vs wasa duel and Demast me with ease as you said. You won't because you know it's bollocks and I'm sure you would complain about mast sniping since you can't becouse you play on lowest res at 15 fps.

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Nice provo, but I don't take baits from you. I got no time to waste on NA, especially to prove something for you. I wasted already enough of my time.

With what? Making claims with no evidence to support them? 

• Like 1

Those going on about #JustNerfCannonAccuracy 

That's great and all, but just nerfing accuracy is not going to make a difference here. Your top and middle sections will still go down extremely fast, and even if you make Cannons as "Inaccurate" as Carronades you will still be able to snipe bottom sections at 150-200 meters and have a hit rate above 75%. 

Repairs, Cannon Values, Ship Values, Mast Values, etc will all have to be tweaked (Small tweaks everywhere). That is how we will achieve proper balance between all the different tactics in-game. 
(Atleast that is the only solution i see.) 

• Like 1