Game-Labs Forum

Stop being negative!!

This game is quite simply awesome.

Yes. It has problems.

Yes. There are some things I don't like.

Yes. Some additional content is needed.

BUT.......

What a game!!!!!

Total freedom. Fantastic combat. Great graphics. Immersive play. Heart stopping moments. Fight. Run. Trade. Sneak. Clan or no. Nation or no. Pve. Pvp. The list goes on and on.

NOW.....

I know some of you have been here a long time and get frustrated but Eff me stop with the negativity it is suffocating.

Stop with the 'game is dead. Freefall. Dying out, finished. I'm leaving. The Devs this. The Devs that.'

It's no longer cool to be  naysayers.

If you really feel that the game is like that please close the door as you leave because if you continue with the negativity you only add to the 'impression that the game is the way you see it.

I have a blast every time I log on.

This game is the nuts.😁👍

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 31

This game could be quite simple awesome but there are so many Features in the games which makes it unplayable in several ways.

All those Problems are discussed in this Forum several times without heared by the DEVs.

And as Long the DEVs listen to the Forum Ninjas mostly located in the the russian Forum and inplementing unrealistic things, the game is a clear "testing Environment" which never should be go "LIVE". A real go live would kill the game instantly, when you look at the Features activated at the Moment.

Sorry to say that, but it is so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, William Livingston Alden said:

This game could be quite simple awesome but there are so many Features in the games which makes it unplayable in several ways.

All those Problems are discussed in this Forum several times without heared by the DEVs.

And as Long the DEVs listen to the Forum Ninjas mostly located in the the russian Forum and inplementing unrealistic things, the game is a clear "testing Environment" which never should be go "LIVE". A real go live would kill the game instantly, when you look at the Features activated at the Moment.

Sorry to say that, but it is so.

Sorry but you are wrong.

• Like 2

That's why there should be INGAME POLL, every player could give his own opinion about changes being made. Let the majority decide what is best for the game, not some Hardcore ninjas.

Most of the players don't even read this forum, so most of feedback are biased anyway....

Edited by Forbin
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Forbin said:

That's why there should be INGAME POLL, every player could give his own opinion about changes being made. Let the majority decide what is best for the game, not some Hardcore ninjas.

Most of the players don't even read this forum, so most of feedback are biased anyway....

Some people invest so much in the game forgetting that its a test bed in flux, that when a change comes they can't or won't believe others are ok with it.

Hence the 'game is dead' crowd who funny enough keep coming back to say this game is dead lol.

It's a bit sad really. If I really felt like that I would move on.

Edited by Flash Jack

@Flash Jack

I think you’ve made a good OP but hey I’m a fanboy. Also, I’m an older gamer with worrying half century in sight now. Having a different point of view is all about life, putting that view across in a correct and polite manner is education.

Let’s look at a couple of things. Why are we seeing this toxicity if you want a better word?

Is it the lack of progress we’ve seen in the games development?

Is it the lack of attention @admin gives us replying to some but not all POSTs?

Is it the huge length of time the game has being in ALPHA?

It might be a mixture of all the above or something different. In my opinion only, I differ with @William Livingston Alden. The Game OW should go LIVE sooner rather than Later. Why well that’s a post I’ve already done. Also, I’m a Banker what do I know about Games Development and what valid backed XP does William have? With all due respect.

I think if @admin set a SET Launch date it would focus the MINDs of both Devs and testers. At the moment I couldn’t even try to guess which is where I believe the pent-up anger and frustrations lie.

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Flash Jack

I think you’ve made a good OP but hey I’m a fanboy. Also, I’m an older gamer with worrying half century in sight now. Having a different point of view is all about life, putting that view across in a correct and polite manner is education.

Let’s look at a couple of things. Why are we seeing this toxicity if you want a better word?

Is it the lack of progress we’ve seen in the games development?

Is it the lack of attention @admin gives us replying to some but not all POSTs?

Is it the huge length of time the game has being in ALPHA?

It might be a mixture of all the above or something different. In my opinion only, I differ with @William Livingston Alden. The Game OW should go LIVE sooner rather than Later. Why well that’s a post I’ve already done. Also, I’m a Banker what do I know about Games Development and what valid backed XP does William have? With all due respect.

I think if @admin set a SET Launch date it would focus the MINDs of both Devs and testers. At the moment I couldn’t even try to guess which is where I believe the pent-up anger and frustrations lie.

Norfolk.

I whole heartedly agree. I to am an older gamer and as an ex soldier perhaps I am used to be told to hurry up and wait.

The points you raise are all valid but I think with constructive criticism comes progress. Negativity all the time just adds to more of the same. Rot adds to rot.

However it seems that some people find it easy to overlook the truly great things in this game and focus on the bad points.

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

Stop with the 'game is dead. Freefall. Dying out, finished. I'm leaving. The Devs this. The Devs that.

NAVAL ACTION is worth more love - ten-thousand-tons  worth it.
Rarely did a game hook me up as deeply as NAVAL ACTION does.

Throwing bombs in the shop can never improve the porcelain.

Edited by Wolfram Harms
  • Like 5

I felt my freedom in game has been limited by several factors down the road. I have said some of this before, but I have to say i again.

1) I feel I will have to be dependant of a clan on TS in order to be the happy owner of a 1st rate and join Port Battles. For single players this is not in everyones taste.

2) Port battles are the only option to be in a big battle with lots of ships in them. This is due to several things. Mainly the limited timers on joining ongoing battles (so they cannot grow in size) and the troubles getting new ships when you lost one. (Due to the cut down on multiple duras) You dont just find a random easy to get fight anymore. You try to find a fight where you will 100% certain of a win. Players are not keen to take any chances for the fun of it. Its like being a ww1 pilot wihtout a parachute. Give players parachutes=multiple duras (it actually worked fine even though hard core trader-types didnt like the feature).

3) The battles have become a bit more dull than before. Too many repairs options draw battles out. Not so much ACTION in naval action anymore. Its a hard balance between gameplay and realism. Realism is not always the most fun in pc games. And especially not in an age of sail game where everything took loooong time. The old repair system was actually better than now.

5) Too little option on fighting on distance. Close combat which wasnt common has replaced the long distance duels between navies where line-formations where the key to victory. Fine tuning is needed. Also an optinal use of tuning ship-types toi specific roles. Now its just boarding for all. This is not good for tactical fleet-play.

6) The nations have become minor and the clans major. It should be the other way around. I liked the diplomatic feature where players actually decided on what wars where going on. Clans shouldnt be 100% leading in everything. The feeling of being part of a nation with common aims could be stronger overall.

7) New features. Too little progress on the game makes it hard to see where the game is going. Its like one step forward and two steps back most of the times. New ships, paints, missions, large battles generator, smuggler missions that can actually provide you with something. Maybe some stars on the admiral banner of your ship, everytime you sink an enemy. Something that can give a feel of bonus when fighting etc. Warthunder are good to do these things.

8) Maybe the world is a little too big for between 100 and 600 players online that seems to be the present level of activity. Cut it down in size and make it bigger if more players are joning later.

9) I would like that the very narrow focus on Port Battles and clans could be changed a bit. It seems that theses things prevents the game to progress more broadly and hence keeps a lot of casual players out of the game. This game need a LOT of players to be fun to play. 

Kind regards

fox2run

Edited by fox2run

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

If you really feel that the game is like that please close the door as you leave because if you continue with the negativity you only add to the 'impression that the game is the way you see it.

Spreading unreasoned positivity is not really better than spreading unreasoned negativity. Whitewashing things e.g. to attract more players would even be worse. Every sensible person is going to ignore unreasoned negativity aswell as unreasoned positivity nevertheless.

Why dont you tell people that are providing reasoned criticism why they are wrong. Or write a review explaining how deep and balanced mechanics are, why economy is so immersive, what makes PvP so motivating, how challenging PvE is, how great long time goals are designed, why planless development is so efficient, etc. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

That's fine. But do you NEED to tell us all??

Sometimes there are things you just won't like. That's life.

It's a game in Alpha that had a huge development screw up this year.  Of course there is appropriate negativity.  Devs ask for input, it is better to get it now and hopefully have a good beta and release.

1 hour ago, Wolfram Harms said:

NAVAL ACTION is worth more love - ten-thousand-tons  worth it.
Rarely did a game hook me up as deeply as NAVAL ACTION does.

Throwing bombs in the shop can never improve the porcelain.

And pretending the ship isn't sinking does not save the porcelain.  Broke on the floor or sunk in the deep is the same.

Well, there is such thing as life, no perfect place anywhere so we will potentially have as many ideas as many heads we have around.

There is a full spectrum of players out there, younger-older, toxic-kind, smart-not so much etc. each game type targets a specific player base so there will be more of that type.

You can tell people to change but it will never happen because that can only come from within.

The only solution left rests again in the hands of developers and comes down to which crowd will they feed.

Throughout a game development you can control what type of player base you will have. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fargo said:

Why dont you tell people that are providing reasoned criticism why they are wrong.

When I first read the OP I agreed with Flash Jack.  His comments seemed positive and constructive.   I like NA.

But Fargo is right on the mark. Providing critisim is healthy for a game in development.   Some opinions may be presented with a lack of any grace or tact but the Devs can filter out the crap and see what content is worth consideration.

Honest passionate comments do not decide if a game is popular.  The content of any game is the very best promotional tool.

Edited by Macjimm
Grammar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Providing critisim is healthy for a game in development.  

Sure.

But sinister ranting about "the game being dead" or "sinking" is not constructive criticism.
It's like staring at the Mayan Calendar, shouting "We are all doomed, the world is at it's end!"

That gets us nowhere, and as we can see, the world is still here.

Edited by Wolfram Harms
  • Like 3

Not everyone will like every new twist or turn the game makes. Some players never forget the old ways or systems that they liked. I understand this.

But I like the game now and like the direction it is starting to go. 

I PVP most days (plenty of action) but then I don't sit on global chat insulting everyone and asking for 1v1s. I sail and hunt around free ports and look for action. If you sail and look for it you find it.

I sink to.

I also pve and enjoy it.

I trade and make a million or so in about two hours running dangerous routes. The economy is good and easy to handle when you put effort in

I craft and build ships which I sell much cheaper than most people.

The UI  is awful but then I'm at sea a lot so it does not bother me. I understand on release it will be better.

I have put up posts requesting things.

I never stomp my feet and claim the the game is dead. 600 players a night is not dead. I played when it was 150.

I take part in port battles and I like them. The new BR changes will help smaller clans and I like that change to.

I hate the Wasa. It's so OP.  But then I don't sail a ship because it's the best OP  ship...I sail a ship because I like it and it looks cool. That's probably why I sink.

I am happy.

It's true.

LONG LIVE N.A.. ......IT'S GREAT!!

Edited by Flash Jack
Paratrooper fingers.
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Wolfram Harms said:

Sure.

But sinister ranting about "the game being dead" or "sinking" is not constructive criticism.
It's like staring at the Mayan Calendar, shouting "We are all doomed, the world is at it's end!"

That gets us nowhere, and as we can see, the world is still here.

The game is dead and sinking.  Player numbers are down, new players are not joining in levels to replace.  Many experienced players came back after the great wipe, got frustrated or bored and left and have not come back.

Those are the signs of a sinking and dying game.

There can be a hope for a turnaround, but momentum has been lost.  Pretending this is not the case is not helpful to the game.

This is from the PvP Global perspective.

Edited by IndianaGeoff

9 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

This game is quite simply awesome.

Yes. It has problems.

Yes. There are some things I don't like.

Yes. Some additional content is needed.

BUT.......

What a game!!!!!

Total freedom. Fantastic combat. Great graphics. Immersive play. Heart stopping moments. Fight. Run. Trade. Sneak. Clan or no. Nation or no. Pve. Pvp. The list goes on and on.

NOW.....

I know some of you have been here a long time and get frustrated but Eff me stop with the negativity it is suffocating.

Stop with the 'game is dead. Freefall. Dying out, finished. I'm leaving. The Devs this. The Devs that.'

It's no longer cool to be  naysayers.

I have a blast every time I log on.

This game is the nuts.😁👍

I agree with many of your comments, and I also love this game.  However, I disagree with the message you are delivering.

On this forum, I agree with many posts, and I also disagree with many.  But that is why we actually have a forum and it is called "discussion".  During this alpha, the developers have decided to allow us players to have this discussion here and provide input to potentially make this ultimately be a better game.  We can't do that by providing all group hugs and kisses.  If there are people who feel like the game is in a desperate position and could go away (i.e. "dying out"), then they absolutely should state it (and why).  Not hide it.  And as negative as it might appear, it is nevertheless constructive.  The developers need to hear all the positives of what is well received, and all the negatives of what is not.  As someone else mentioned above, we aren't all gifted with a diplomatic tongue, but you need to learn to sort through all that and read the message.

Understand that most naysayers also want this game to succeed, the same as the positive commenters.  If they didn't care they wouldn't bother to post.

If you are perceptive, you will also see that what (at least IMO) is extremely frustrating and the cause of so many rants and toxicity, is that Admin and the development team outright ignore so many well thought out and crafted suggestions, comments, and feedback.  It is disrespectful to a group of players who have invested so much of their time into this alpha development and taken seriously how they can better the game.  They aren't getting paid to forfeit their time to develop those ideas.  So cherry picking a small percentage of comments with responses, frequently terse or incomprehensible as posted, and then ignoring so many others, is inexcusable and offensive.  And if you want to know why there is a lot of venum out there in Steam reviews, and on this forum, against the dev team (and thus the game by default), then in my opinion look no further.

That said, I personally try to be as positive as I can be here.  I do love this game.  ;)

• Like 4

There is a lot of toxicity in the forum and ingame. That's a shame, but every online community has had to face that since -- at least in my experience -- we were dialing in to Compuserve at 14.4kbs.

However, underneath A LOT of the posts here, even the ones that are negative, is players showing a real passion for the game. With a few exceptions we all want the game to get better and to succeed. We don't always agree what steps are needed.

It would be helpful if we all took a step back from some threads and realized the person on the other end of the conversation probably just wants a better game like you do.

• Like 4