Game-Labs Forum

A port for each player

Hi captains,

Suggestion about changing game from ground up. Broadly speaking ofcourse. All points have to be worked out in detail.

1. Remove nations.

2. Give every player his own port randomly spread over the map. 

3. Let player develope his port to his liking regarding resources, workshops, defences, shipyards.

4. If player builds a fort in his port, his ships and his port can be attacked and conquered. He plays the game in PVP-mode.

5. If player does not build a fort, he cannot be attacked. He plays the game in PVE-mode. PVE-content has to developed.

6. If all ports of a PVP-player are conquered, he spawns in a new empty port randomly spread over the map.

7. Players can ofcourse organize themselves in clans

8. After a clan wins the endgame (to be defined), the map is wiped and everything starts over.

This system looks alot like some browser-empire-building games that are allready on the market (Lord of Ultima/Crown of the Gods) and which attrack many thousands of players. But none have this beautiful open world sailing, with fantastic ships and amazing battles. Could possibly be the best of both worlds. Heavy on the servers though.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Witte de Blauw said:

4. If player builds a fort in his port, his ships and his port can be attacked and conquered. He plays the game in PVP-mode.

So you have 1v1 portbattles?

What happens if all ports are taken by players?

Edited by Jon Snow lets go // NeeRo

honestly this reminds me of what Albion online has, where each player can own their own "island" basically a place where they can do personal crafting and whatnot.

As for Naval Action, I do not think it has a place here and I'm not sure how it would work.