Game-Labs Forum

The Lost Fleet.

Got some text in game that said: "Rumour has it that a great storm has destroyed a large fleet in the West Indies." When I looked on my map next there was a shipwreck location to the west of Florida, anyway I worked my way from my usual operating location of Martinique to KPR by teleport between outposts then manually sailed up round the west of Cuba and then north to the shipwreck location. Eventually I came across the wreck but when I went to search the hull it said come back some time later, I then clicked on it again and it then said someone has got there before me and that the wreck is empty. I have found this to be rather annoying having sailed so far!! Has anyone else experienced this? 

Yes. It is the "event". 5 ships spawns and the content of the ships are up for grabs for the entire server. You could not think up a worse event. I dare you - because I have tried. It's the worst idea someone has ever had and this someone should be the laughing stock of every PC game developer in the entire world.

Worst idea ever.

11 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Yes. It is the "event". 5 ships spawns and the content of the ships are up for grabs for the entire server. You could not think up a worse event. I dare you - because I have tried. It's the worst idea someone has ever had and this someone should be the laughing stock of every PC game developer in the entire world.

Worst idea ever.

Have to agree here... this event is more frustration than fun. I tried it twice and went there right after it was announced. First time others were even faster and second time i only got garbage.

I personally think reward should be there for everyone throughout the day. 

ex. Dear Captain, we have recieved news about shipwreck with valuable cargo. Your mission is to find the shipwreck and protect it's cargo from local Pirates. 

'Instanced Event'

-Find Shipwreck

-Kill all Pirates

Reward: Loot, Chest etc..

Treasure Chest needs key and could drop: Ships, Paint, Gold, Labor, Books...etc

Until we get content like this this game will not survive. 

Edited by George Washington

Well I nearly lost the plot when I logged on before, entered the OW and there was no sign at all of the shipwreck and the icon had gone from the map! Thought I would leave it over night in the hope that some goodies would appear in the wreck. The laptop nearly went flying across the room when there was no wreck, anyway as I sat there thinking what to do/where to go my fishing icon flashed and I got sealed bottle, don't know if this was totally random or it had been placed in that location by the developers. It's a good job it appeared because I think I would of just logged off and not bothered with the game again!!

The initial idea on the lost fleets was to generate PVP and loot opportunities not around towns.

BUT as we have seen time and time again, this does not happen.  No one has the time or effort to patrol a vast area as these spawns happen, or cares to hunt down the people sailing around in Trader Brigs or bigger in hopes of catching one that may have found one or more of the 5 ships that spawn in this event.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

The initial idea on the lost fleets was to generate PVP and loot opportunities not around towns.

BUT as we have seen time and time again, this does not happen.  No one has the time or effort to patrol a vast area as these spawns happen, or cares to hunt down the people sailing around in Trader Brigs or bigger in hopes of catching one that may have found one or more of the 5 ships that spawn in this event.  

I already used to all great ideas being scrapped after months of work due to lack of resources and game designers. It can be fixed and could work wonderfully with the proper approach.  

Edited by George Washington

I suggested Multiple random Wrecks along a route from Starting port headed toward Europe(where the Treasure fleets all went) the Icon should appear on the STARTING port they left...  The Wrecks should then just be randomly placed in OW.. no location on map... you find one you get what you con off it.. Make teh Chests like 100-150 size...  so even a Privateer can get something and then run back and forth if he gets lucky

10 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

I suggested Multiple random Wrecks along a route from Starting port headed toward Europe(where the Treasure fleets all went) the Icon should appear on the STARTING port they left...  The Wrecks should then just be randomly placed in OW.. no location on map... you find one you get what you con off it.. Make teh Chests like 100-150 size...  so even a Privateer can get something and then run back and forth if he gets lucky

I suggested this before but all over the map like epic events. It sure would add at least something to boring OW sailing...

They should at least double or triple that amount of ship wrecks out there to make it more worth the while for the player community. Figure if at least half the players get loot that go looking it's worth it. As it is now a few players can get everything. silly. Not to mention the placement of them are sometimes just absurd. They favor one nation much more than others at times in that area.

• Like 1

Just another question without starting a new topic, do NPC defenses no longer fire on opposition ships while fighting close to ports? Was in a battle last night and the ship I was fighting sailed past one of my friendly forts give it a broadside and received nothing in reply... I have tried searching the forum but couldn't find the information.

On 8/31/2017 at 5:44 AM, Vintorius said:

They should at least double or triple that amount of ship wrecks out there to make it more worth the while for the player community.

I agree. Shipwrecks should be constantly found throughout the Caribbean. It would encourage exploration a lot. There could be other things to discover as well like castaways, treasures, etc. A lot more content is possible.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an AI ship like The Flying Dutchman was to appear once in a while? 

On 8/31/2017 at 2:53 AM, Horatio Thorp said:

Just another question without starting a new topic, do NPC defenses no longer fire on opposition ships while fighting close to ports? Was in a battle last night and the ship I was fighting sailed past one of my friendly forts give it a broadside and received nothing in reply... I have tried searching the forum but couldn't find the information.

Only in PvP I believe... But now and then the AI will stop shooting you and shoot at the Forts:) which can be handy in a Fleet battle

During the first iteration of these events it would go something like this:

Clues would drop from sunken AI ships, people would combine the clues and pinpoint approximate area of event.

People from every nation would be in the area, now picture this:  hundreds of players, friend/foe/whatever in an area that was 4 squares.

No fighting, just chat and watching the other nation's "blob"  (if you are in a battle, you will get NO loot because wrecks will be picked clean)

Now... the vent pops and it is derby time, fleets of fir LGVs racing from every direction to converge on the fleet.  The wrecks are picked clean in under 5 minutes, and we all scatter like cockroaches racing to the closest port to open our chests.  At this point SOME PVP happens, but mostly to take loot and then the winning players runs as fast as possible.

So in the end... HOURS of prep and waiting, followed by chaotic racing, followed by running from everyone.

It was fun, if you got a chest(s).  For the cast majority of people though, it was hours of futile waiting.  Sort of an ANTI Skinner box.

• Like 1